Palmer goes in on the Bengals

Of course he takes no responsibility for anything ever & acts like the organization didn't sign T.O. at his request, not to mention his own brother for whatever reason.  Still, the criticism is obviously valid & it's refreshing to hear someone that was on the inside cut through the usual evasive bullshit.   Even if he is kicking them while they're down to enhance his own reputation.  Classic Palmer.  I particularly liked how he glossed over the 6 turnovers in the biggest game of his career.

They should've interviewed his wife.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/11/02/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-were-mess-and-disaster/4140193002/

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Of course he takes no responsibility for anything ever & acts like the organization didn't sign T.O. at his request, not to mention his own brother for whatever reason.  Still, the criticism is obviously valid & it's refreshing to hear someone that was on the inside cut through the usual evasive bullshit.   Even if he is kicking them while they're down to enhance his own reputation.  Classic Palmer.  I particularly liked how he glossed over the 6 turnovers in the biggest game of his career.

They should've interviewed his wife.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/11/02/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-were-mess-and-disaster/4140193002/

Wow, I’d like to hear it as he tells it to his close friends over a few beers. 

Basically he said that management/front office is more important then players. Good management will have a plan and execute it. Bengals management is <cough cough> dysfunctional at best, interested more in making money then fielding a competitive team.. Not exactly a newsflash round these parts.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Reinforces what I have said too many times, it has to start at the top. And at our top is a tree sloth who does nothing but count cash. The players don’t trust the organization to commit to winning. 

I know a lot here hate CP but he speaks the truth. 

Yeah he's being brutally honest, but he's also deflecting and trying to make himself look good by putting the Bengals down.

SoP won't live forever, at least we can hope. I don't think any player would skip the draft because of the possibility of being taken by the Bengals. I could easily believe several players might tell the Bengals privately they don't want to play here. Then Mikey would be angry enough to draft them, leading to Bo Jackson redux.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think there is a risk of the top QB (s) rejecting the Bengals if they draft them or stating so before the draft. Or they play out their 5 years and look to move on. I would love to see some kind of player revolt against the team, something other then Mikey stroking out has to change this teams structure. 

If Mike Brown will do what the Packers did when they signed Reggie White (overpay to prove he's serious) he might be able to avoid that problem. Any idea what the chances of that happening are?

suspicious thinking GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The problem is the Bengals usually have too many players that know they are likely out of the league if they don't take the Cincy job.  They can hang around another 3 or so years and bank another $5 million plus or more.

Exactly, the Bengals can be the southern most CFL franchise at times.

This is the last stop for many fringe NFL players, if the option is either retirement or play with the Bengals then there's a good chance they will sign here, if there are other options then good luck Cincinnati

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Exactly, the Bengals can be the southern most CFL franchise at times.

This is the last stop for many fringe NFL players, if the option is either retirement or play with the Bengals then there's a good chance they will sign here, if there are other options then good luck Cincinnati

No reason to criticize the CFL..lol

But yeah, you have hit the nail on the head. I am sure it well known in the league circles that we are not about winning and we will not pay top dollar for the grade A talent. 

27 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Fuck the quitter

and the Bengals.... lol 

On the NFL show on CP, it sounded like all the players at that time elected him to go speak to the Tree Sloth, so given no change happened I see CP just did his own thing. I have no issue with that - he made an effort to invoke change and the owner refused. Both have the right to make their own decisions. 

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On the NFL show on CP, it sounded like all the players at that time elected him to go speak to the Tree Sloth, so given no change happened I see CP just did his own thing. I have no issue with that - he made an effort to invoke change and the owner refused. Both have the right to make their own decisions. 

that's why I said fuck both 

22 hours ago, T-Dub said:

...the criticism is obviously valid & it's refreshing to hear someone that was on the inside cut through the usual evasive bullshit. 

Carson pulls no punches referring to Mike Brown as an "idiot" and summing up the Cincinnati Bengals experience, thusly:

"...you've got to be desperate to win a championship. You've got to be all in. The financials and the money side of it are very important obviously to owners, and to everybody that's invested in the organization. But if the most important thing is the financials and the second-most important thing is winning, then you don't have a chance."

52 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Carson pulls no punches referring to Mike Brown as an "idiot" and summing up the Cincinnati Bengals experience, thusly:

"...you've got to be desperate to win a championship. You've got to be all in. The financials and the money side of it are very important obviously to owners, and to everybody that's invested in the organization. But if the most important thing is the financials and the second-most important thing is winning, then you don't have a chance."

Other than not having a scouting department and other organizational stuff I think it's more about not spending the money wisely.  We've rewarded some below average players with above average contracts.  If they're that concerned about costs and are required to spend a certain amount, wouldn't it make sense to invest in the decision-making process so you spend that money wisely?  It's very shortsighted, like they're budgeting that cap minimum required and then just doling it out to whoever seems nice.

I'm starting to think this whole "on vacation at the trade deadline" thing might actually be good.  It shows that KatieTroy would rather be doing something else, which may indicate a willingness to eventually turn football operations over to professionals so they have more time for bird watching or whatever.  

Archived