Palmer goes in on the Bengals

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

Carson pulls no punches referring to Mike Brown as an "idiot" and summing up the Cincinnati Bengals experience, thusly:

"...you've got to be desperate to win a championship. You've got to be all in. The financials and the money side of it are very important obviously to owners, and to everybody that's invested in the organization. But if the most important thing is the financials and the second-most important thing is winning, then you don't have a chance."

Agree about Brown, but then again what would Palmer know about winning a championship without buying it?  I guess all in to him means cheating as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Agree about Brown, but then again what would Palmer know about winning a championship without buying it?  I guess all in to him means cheating as much as possible. 

Is this cheating stuff a USC reference I'm not getting?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Other than not having a scouting department and other organizational stuff I think it's more about not spending the money wisely.  We've rewarded some below average players with above average contracts.  If they're that concerned about costs and are required to spend a certain amount, wouldn't it make sense to invest in the decision-making process so you spend that money wisely?  It's very shortsighted, like they're budgeting that cap minimum required and then just doling it out to whoever seems nice.

If you look at the Forbes list of NFL franchise values, it also shows that a team like the Stealers not only have a much higher franchise value, but they have much higher operating income. This makes Mikey look even dumber from a business perspective. It could make more money by having a more successful team , what a fat dumbass.

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If you look at the Forbes list of NFL franchise values, it also shows that a team like the Stealers not only have a much higher franchise value, but they have much higher operating income. This makes Mikey look even dumber from a business perspective. It could make more money by having a more successful team , what a fat dumbass.

Risk averse.  They have a nice guaranteed income.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Is this cheating stuff a USC reference I'm not getting?

Carroll was his coach for two seasons--neither of which was a national championship season. Finished 4th nationally in 2002. Certainly lots of cheating going on even then, not that it prospered the Quitter. 

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Carroll was his coach for two seasons--neither of which was a national championship season. Finished 4th nationally in 2002. Certainly lots of cheating going on even then, not that it prospered the Quitter. 

In the NCAA overall? Constantly, from what people on the inside have said.  Jim Rome did a really good interview with a mafia fixer, I'll try to dig it up later but it shouldn't be hard to find a podcast.

21 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I think there is a risk of the top QB (s) rejecting the Bengals if they draft them or stating so before the draft. Or they play out their 5 years and look to move on. I would love to see some kind of player revolt against the team, something other then Mikey stroking out has to change this teams structure. 

I think this was addressed by the most recent CBA, to avoid players like John Elway (Colts) or Eli Manning (Chargers) refusing to sign and forcing trades to their preferred teams.  Under the CBA, a drafted players' rights belong exclusively to the drafting team.  The player may refuse to sign his contract, but if he does I believe he sits out the entire season and can opt to re-enter the next draft.  In other words, once drafted by a team, he can sign only with that team unless the process resets in a later draft... but he would again be forced to sign only with the new drafting team if doing so.  Gone are the days when Rookies get to pick their employer.

10 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I think this was addressed by the most recent CBA, to avoid players like John Elway (Colts) or Eli Manning (Chargers) refusing to sign and forcing trades to their preferred teams.  Under the CBA, a drafted players' rights belong exclusively to the drafting team.  The player may refuse to sign his contract, but if he does I believe he sits out the entire season and can opt to re-enter the next draft.  In other words, once drafted by a team, he can sign only with that team unless the process resets in a later draft... but he would again be forced to sign only with the new drafting team if doing so.  Gone are the days when Rookies get to pick their employer.

I expect it would play out the same way with an eventual trade for the holdout QB.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Link me the story, I love reading about how other sports leagues have been corrupted.  It makes me appreciate how pure and unsullied the NFL has remained. :ninja:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Southern_California_athletics_scandal

They didn’t get busted until 2005, but do you really think it started then?  

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Hopefully, a hobby or a cute new puppy will someday take away this derangement syndrome. 

Wtf do you care? You hate all things NFL so why would it matter to you if some fans can’t let go of theIr hatred for one of the very worst owners in the history of professional sports? 

Palmer is a cockstalker and I hated him lots when that shit went down, but he's right. This team puts economics way above winning. If there was a Super Bowl for being frugal and flying the finger to the fans then this team would have some rings.

I used to fucking love this sport. The grind of the 90's Bengals wore me down but I stuck it out. Now it's 2019. 0-8. It's never going to happen. Never.

Not even close. Brown would be doing all of us a favor by relocating.

44 minutes ago, BENGALS666 said:

Palmer is a cockstalker and I hated him lots when that shit went down, but he's right. This team puts economics way above winning. If there was a Super Bowl for being frugal and flying the finger to the fans then this team would have some rings.

I used to fucking love this sport. The grind of the 90's Bengals wore me down but I stuck it out. Now it's 2019. 0-8. It's never going to happen. Never.

Brown could make more money with a winner, but that would involve risk.  He still does it like daddy did it. 

1 hour ago, BENGALS666 said:

The Brown Law Firm might sell the team someday and it be relocated but I do not believe Mike Brown would pay the cost of relocating out of his own pocket.

21 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The Brown Law Firm might sell the team someday and it be relocated but I do not believe Mike Brown would pay the cost of relocating out of his own pocket.

Bet it would have the weight of the NFL behind it, more Rams or Oakland than wth ever the Chargers are now.  Going to Ciudad de México?

Archived