So for grins and giggles, what did you do on the bye?

I dug our my ice scrapers (surprisingly, I haven’t needed them yet), did laundry, finished swapping out my summer and winter clothes, bedded down the bikes for the winter, put together a bookcase, and spent time with hubby and the young man watching the Browns.

My football was yesterday late morning (a thrilling Liverpool come from behind 1-2 win over Aston Villa), so today was free. Wife and I went on a hike down around Deer Creek, and had a nice lunch. Will do all that winter prepare stuff next weekend. 

Caught just a moment of Cleveland...in those God-awful uniforms of theirs...but then retired to reading. 

the 13 year old had a lacrosse tournament at the Canton McKinley fields (3rd out of 22 teams and lost in the semi finals by 1.... super happy) and we just got home like an hour ago.

I am going to drink a couple beers, watch some of this game and hope the Pats can some back.. then hit the sack

Fuck the ratbirds

Fuck vinatieri...should have beat the stealers

clowns... lol.. I am loving their season so much. Too bad they won a couple 

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

My football was yesterday late morning (a thrilling Liverpool come from behind 1-2 win over Aston Villa), so today was free. Wife and I went on a hike down around Deer Creek, and had a nice lunch. Will do all that winter prepare stuff next weekend. 

Caught just a moment of Cleveland...in those God-awful uniforms of theirs...but then retired to reading. 

How were the leaves at Deer Creek? We were up at Mt. Gilead State Park yesterday and the leaves were pretty much past peak.

About half. Some sections the trees were still in good color, others either off or dingy brown. Still a lot of fishermen out on the lake, which I found a little surprising. We came across a rather large six-point buck, who just stood there and stared at us like "you need help, folks...otherwise move it" lol. Great day.

Slept in til 0700, had a lazy morning drinking coffee & listening to tunes. I had the Stealers & Browns games on later but was busy choring so didn't see much more than the scores.  Tore down most of the garden for the winter & raked leaves into the raised beds. I'll cover it with a tarp once all the surrounding trees are bare so it can compost til spring.  Caught up with a couple of out-of-town friends I hadn't talked to recently, played some vidya with another friend that lives about 6 blocks away.  Actually watched a bit of SNF, that was an ok game until the Rats went up by 17 & then I went to bed.

cw8iegqrbjw31.png

Went to see JoJo Rabbit with lady friend, Lorraine, son (the one who accompanied Anthony Munoz on to the field) and his gf.

The only thing I can tell everyone on here is see it, see it, see it.  Very funny and well done. an anti Nazi/fanciest satire that is

not sappy or in-your-face.  Well worth a couple hours on a Saturday afternoon.

And to Seasons 52 for dinner enjoyed by all.

However, between no Bengals on Sunday and the fall back hour, I was never quite sure what day it was.

Not that there's anything unusual about that.

Surprisingly I didn't even watch any games until the Pats/Ratbirds, only stayed up until halftime though.

My gf was one of the lucky winners of the taco bell Xbox One X, so we picked up a copy of Mortal Kombat XL (outdated at this point I know, but it was a lot cheaper than MK11). It is pretty fun.

Then we went over her Aunt's house for some steaks on the grill. All in all a relaxing bye week weekend. I was on Go Bengals a few times yesterday like i normally am though.

52 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm an avid disc golfer, so I got in a bunch of rounds while the weather was nice. So 1 o'clock Sunday I was probably on hole 3 of the Monster, stoned out of my gourd, and calling a tree a cock-sucker.

394cf037d983fa7b1c07ccd59909718e.jpg

You and me, definitely bro-mates.

Woke up feeling like crap (head full of cotton and a sore throat), took the pork butt I had brining in the fridge and put it in a dutch oven for about 5 hours.  Pulled pork sammiches* baby.

* Pulled  pork on a bun with vinegar based sauce (like Saures Original BBQ ) and a big dollop of coleslaw on top. People who don't eat it that way are considered unwashed heathen and not fit for polite company.  :)

i had a work event in mexico city, so a long 5 days but i saw wu tang, immortal technique, and jedi mind tricks are red rocks thursday, got up and flew to mexico city friday, worked friday-sun, and flew back today, im in houston airport waiting to get back to denver tonight still.

so it worked out, i would have missed the game anyway.

14 hours ago, gupps said:

Woke up feeling like crap (head full of cotton and a sore throat), took the pork butt I had brining in the fridge and put it in a dutch oven for about 5 hours.  Pulled pork sammiches* baby.

* Pulled  pork on a bun with vinegar based sauce (like Saures Original BBQ ) and a big dollop of coleslaw on top. People who don't eat it that way are considered unwashed heathen and not fit for polite company.  :)

VA BBQ for the win.

FYI, after brining, I like to boil my boston butt in citrus and salt. OJ, Lemon Juice, Lime, etc... Then I smoke it. The citrus/salt breaks down the fat and other connective tissues. And FYI - This sauce is amaze-balls.

https://www.amazon.com/John-Boy-Billys-Grillin-Sauce/dp/B0000DG5AA

22 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm an avid disc golfer, so I got in a bunch of rounds while the weather was nice. So 1 o'clock Sunday I was probably on hole 3 of the Monster, stoned out of my gourd, and calling a tree a cock-sucker.

394cf037d983fa7b1c07ccd59909718e.jpg

Far from avid but I'm looking forward to the Hueston Woods course re-opening, if it does.   

No better way to ruin a perfectly good walk in the woods  :D

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Far from avid but I'm looking forward to the Hueston Woods course re-opening, if it does.   

No better way to ruin a perfectly good walk in the woods  :D

I'm lucky.... Disc Golf nirvana down here. Hawk Hollow, the Blockhouse, etc... 3-4 of the top 10 courses in the US are within a short drive. I got to play a round with Paul McBeth back in August. He beat me by 12 strokes on 18 holes. :P

I got my wife playing this year, and she and I get a few rounds in every week.

And I hit an Ace on Sunday. 245 feet through the gap in the trees:

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, outdoor and nature

8 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

VA BBQ for the win.

FYI, after brining, I like to boil my boston butt in citrus and salt. OJ, Lemon Juice, Lime, etc... Then I smoke it. The citrus/salt breaks down the fat and other connective tissues. And FYI - This sauce is amaze-balls.

https://www.amazon.com/John-Boy-Billys-Grillin-Sauce/dp/B0000DG5AA

I don't have a smoker cuz i Doubt I'd use it enuff to justify the cash.

I rem,ember when John Boy and Billy were on the Richmond classic rock station and they advertised that stuff, always thought it was a gimmick. Nice to heart it's not and may have to get a bottle. Wonder of Robert Rayford  is still alive?

35 minutes ago, gupps said:

I rem,ember when John Boy and Billy were on the Richmond classic rock station and they advertised that stuff, always thought it was a gimmick. Nice to heart it's not and may have to get a bottle. Wonder of Robert Rayford  is still alive?

I have had an 18" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker for over 15 years.  I finally replaced the grates last year.  The 18" was the original model and cost around $320 today.  They now make a 14" (~$220) and a 22" (~$450).  They have a short learning curve and do excellent work.  If you watch any of the BBQ shows you have the big high dollar rigs that folks use for restaurant/catering and compete on weekends.  But you always see several teams that only compete and use the Webers in competition.

I still smoke food frequently but as family is scattered out I do not cook the volume that I did.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy the small one if I was wanting one today.  Pulled pork is such a favorite at my house I always cook extra and vacupack the extra into small packs that I throw in simmering water to reheat.

17 hours ago, gupps said:

Then put wet wood chips in a shallow pan and place them under your BBQ in the oven.

I have an Akorn Jr. Kamado grill. Not much of an investment. And it's small and doesn't take up much space. Great for smoking.

See the source image

Archived