FELLAS AND LADS, OUR TEAM SUCKS. LIKE...REALLY SUCKS

49 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Many. There's only 32 of these jobs available.

Respectfully disagree. Any coach with a history of success will want management to make changes (read spend money) to turn the team around and Mike Brown is allergic to spending money.

It's about making money, not winning.  It sucks that I grew up a fan of this team and can't stop.  I can and did stop directly providing any money to the Brown family over a decade ago.  Don't buy tickets.  Don't go to games.  Don't buy gear.  Yes, Brown can still make a bunch of money off of TV revenue, but it won't be any of my money.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I honestly think we are a more competitive team than Miami or NYJ. We have a couple more malcontent give-a-shits that Mike Brown wants to trade for a mint four car stable of low mileage 1994 Chevy Luminas, which will easily last him into the next decade before he needs to decide if he'll buy four more Luminas or a fleet of 18 wheeler transport trucks.

Really? Miami won their 2nd game today in Indy's house.The Jets beat the Giants by a TD and have 2 wins. How are we more competitive than them?

You saw the first half, right? We are the worst in the league by quite a margin and watch what happens in Oakland next week.

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

Time to move on.  Done. 45 years of caring. Fuck the Brown Family. 

It takes time to actually not care anymore. If your disinterest should last even after the draft, then you will be on your way.

Interest in the NFL, for me anyway, was dealt the mortal blow on that night in January 2016. It has slowly ebbed since, to now being complete indifference--and this was the case even before this season. Has nothing to do with wins/losses, Mr. Brown, Zac Taylor, or any of the myriad of reasons. It just went away. Going forward, the NFL is just a casual event, something to glance at from time to time...but nothing all-consuming as it was years ago. 

28 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It takes time to actually not care anymore. If your disinterest should last even after the draft, then you will be on your way.

Interest in the NFL, for me anyway, was dealt the mortal blow on that night in January 2016. It has slowly ebbed since, to now being complete indifference--and this was the case even before this season. Has nothing to do with wins/losses, Mr. Brown, Zac Taylor, or any of the myriad of reasons. It just went away. Going forward, the NFL is just a casual event, something to glance at from time to time...but nothing all-consuming as it was years ago. 

A simple running play began the process. Just hold onto the ball. It has been a vicious downward spiral since. I have to part ways. 

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I was almost there but I'm actually doing good in fantasy this year so yeah I'm in it deep as ever. 

A part of my football soul died that January night. 

Just now, Catfish Bob said:

I was almost there but I'm actually doing good in fantasy this year so yeah I'm in it deep as ever. 

A part of my football soul died that January night. 

Don’t confuse me giving up on the Bengals with totally walking away from the NFL. Still like the Saints.  What is sad is even when the Saints had bad years their owner was out front mixing with the home fans promising better days.  Guy seemed to care.  

The members of the Brown family are elitists .  They don’t mix with the “common” folk or give a damn about them. They simply don’t care what we think. 

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I really really really need to figure out how to not give a shit.

This team is fucked with the old man at the helm and probably won't be any better off when he croaks

There were many years that I dismissed the "Mike Brown sucks" mantra as just a lazy way to trash a losing franchise without having to do much thinking...one stop shopping was the easy way to go. But I'm now a believer, especially after reading what Carson Palmer had to say about the universe of difference between the way the Bengals did things, and they way both Oakland and Arizona did....and those 2 franchises are not even considered especially first class clubs, they're more at the bottom half, if nothing else...and they blew the Bengals away...and now we're 0-9 with another idiotic head coach hire and no end in sight....if you can't blame Mike Brown who can you blame?

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

There were many years that I dismissed the "Mike Brown sucks" mantra as just a lazy way to trash a losing franchise without having to do much thinking...one stop shopping was the easy way. But I'm now a believer, especially after reading what Carson Palmer had to say about the universe of difference between the way they Bengals did things, and they way both Oakland and Arizona did....and those 2 franchises are not even considered especially first class clubs, there more at the bottom half, if nothing else...and they blew the Bengals away...and now we're 0-9 with another idiotic head coach hire and no end in sight....if you can't blame Mike Brown who can you blame?

It took Carson Palmer bad mouthing the Bengals for you to realize Mike Brown that is completely inept? Where were you during the 90's? 

Any successful organization has competent leadership and the Bengals are in the position they are in because of their leadership, or lack thereof.

If not for ripping off the tax payers of Hamilton county and profit sharing from the NFL there's no way Brown could make money running a NFL franchise. The problems with the Bengals has and will always be Mike Brown. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Exactly how i feel.

Let's be honest this has been another successful season for the Brown family, why change it. I'm sure Mikey does not care about the fan base. Never has.

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Time to move on.  Done. 45 years of caring. Fuck the Brown Family. 

Exact same here. I go back to 1975, so we started about the same time.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Exact same here, again.  I really did feel that night that it was over for good, and I'm now convinced that it was.  For me, the tell-tale sign was that I was just numb at the start of the 2016 season.  I just could not give a shit, not that I even wanted to.  They won a close game on the road against the Jets, and I felt nothing at all.  No nervousness that they might not win, and no happiness that they did.  The past four seasons have made it even easier not to care, of course.  

I'll turn it on sometimes, just to see them at a certain stadium or against a particular opponent or in prime time or with a shiny new quarterback starting.  But if I don't see a single snap, it's no big deal, and hasn't been since "that night".  This coming from someone who could count on one hand the number of I games missed from 1976 until sometime in the 1990s.  And while I checked out two thirds the way into the season a few times in the 90s and 00s, my interest in the future of the team remained pretty keen.  Now?  If they announced they were moving tomorrow, I wouldn't flinch.  The franchise is dead to me at this point.  I have no shits left to give.  Not saying I'll never care again, but given the history and the family that is in charge, I won't bet on it happening.  

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

A simple running play began the process. Just hold onto the ball. It has been a vicious downward spiral since. I have to part ways. 

This, and another single play that stands out that season came in the 9th game of the year, when the team was 8-0 and hosting the Texans in a night game.  The were driving for the winning score, and AJ Green fumbled, handing the Texans the win.  Win that game and they would have been the #1 overall seed.  Of course, Pittsburgh may have beaten their #3 seed Denver or New England and came to Cincinnati the following week, but I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

There's a comedy program I watch in the fall called The Bengals. It's about this clueless small town football owner who brings together a bunch of wacky misfits and they try to take on real NFL teams and fail. It's hilarious.

Isn't that on BBC?  Kind of a hint for the future of the team when their

name will be altered to The Bengal Lancers and the team mascot an

infected boil?

10 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Exact same here. I go back to 1975, so we started about the same time.

Exact same here, again.  I really did feel that night that it was over for good, and I'm now convinced that it was.  For me, the tell-tale sign was that I was just numb at the start of the 2016 season.  I just could not give a shit, not that I even wanted to.  They won a close game on the road against the Jets, and I felt nothing at all.  No nervousness that they might not win, and no happiness that they did.  The past four seasons have made it even easier not to care, of course.  

I'll turn it on sometimes, just to see them at a certain stadium or against a particular opponent or in prime time or with a shiny new quarterback starting.  But if I don't see a single snap, it's no big deal, and hasn't been since "that night".  This coming from someone who could count on one hand the number of I games missed from 1976 until sometime in the 1990s.  And while I checked out two thirds the way into the season a few times in the 90s and 00s, my interest in the future of the team remained pretty keen.  Now?  If they announced they were moving tomorrow, I wouldn't flinch.  The franchise is dead to me at this point.  I have no shits left to give.  Not saying I'll never care again, but given the history and the family that is in charge, I won't bet on it happening.  

Although my comments were a now total disinterest in the NFL in general, this would also transcend down to the original team of interest too.  

I still plan to attend games--just not as many as the old days--and catch them on tube when convenient. It is just not where I used to be many years ago--when it was sort of a consuming thing. That no longer exists. 

Archived