FELLAS AND LADS, OUR TEAM SUCKS. LIKE...REALLY SUCKS

I really really really need to figure out how to not give a shit.
This team is fucked with the old man at the helm and probably won't be any better off when he croaks

For the first time in my life, I am completely over the Bengals.

I - literally - know high school coaches that could do a better job than Zac Taylor. How in the blue hell do you trot out an offense every week built around play action when you know - BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT - that you CANNOT run the ball? My favorite part is that he’s now incorporated the RPO. Never mind that the Bengals don’t have the personnel for it... “Other teams are doing it. I guess we should to.”

Lou Anaromu? Holy f———k. Don’t even get me started...

Finley’s not the answer? If Tom Brady and Michael Vick had a love child, that kid couldn’t do anything behind this offensive line. In 47 years, I have never seen offensive line play this bad. Never. It’s virtually impossible to play nine weeks and not score a single TD with any of your running backs.

Son of Paul, I quit. Actually, I quit a month ago.

The only upside? My yard is looking pretty dope. I never knew I could be so productive on Sunday afternoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Not to let this sorry ass franchise or the sorry ass franchise that plays down the street from them off the hook, but I really think much of this comes with age and life experience.  I don't feel the same about any sports anymore, and I doubt a championship by any of my favorites would feel the same today as it would have 20-30-40 years ago.  Marriage, kids, work, mortgages and bills, aging parents, the passing of old friends, and the realization that your 70-some or 80-some years on the planet are going to pass by a hell of a lot faster than you ever dreamed they would...

...all of that works together to put sports in a different perspective.  I think that once all that starts to become reality, interest in sports begins to slowly erode.  Sorry to get philosophical.

Perfectly said. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Big Alice said:

For the first time in my life, I am completely over the Bengals.

I - literally - know high school coaches that could do a better job than Zac Taylor. How in the blue hell do you trot out an offense every week built around play action when you know - BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF A DOUBT - that you CANNOT run the ball? My favorite part is that he’s now incorporated the RPO. Never mind that the Bengals don’t have the personnel for it... “Other teams are doing it. I guess we should to.”

Lou Anaromu? Holy f———k. Don’t even get me started...

Finley’s not the answer? If Tom Brady and Michael Vick had a love child, that kid couldn’t do anything behind this offensive line. In 47 years, I have never seen offensive line play this bad. Never. It’s virtually impossible to play nine weeks and not score a single TD with any of your running backs.

Son of Paul, I quit. Actually, I quit a month ago.

The only upside? My yard is looking pretty dope. I never knew I could be so productive on Sunday afternoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

This is definitely a Cronkite moment: not you too, Alice?! 

11 hours ago, sparky151 said:

It's entirely possible to have a decent O-line next year. That's not to say the Bengals will do it but if they hire a good O-line coach, sign 1 or 2 veteran free agents, get Jonah Williams back, and use a 2nd day pick on another linemen, it could be a strength for the new QB.  It will be a test of whether or not the Brown family will let the football people spend to the cap or not.

All well and good but way to many variables and speculation.  I can't see MikeandKatie spending big bucks on a used O lineman and with the Bengals track record, I don't have a lot of faith in Jonah coming back at the level expected when drafted.  Hate it that Billy Price is looking like a 4th round pick rather than a first.

If we get the first pick in the draft, I would entertain trade offers for someone's first this year and next and multiple additional picks in both years, say a second this year and third next- second if we can get it.  Go O line and Linebacker rounds one and two this year, go QB next.  Chase Young or Burrow/Tua/Herbert aren't going to turn the team around and a young quarterback would get killed.  Look what has happened to Haskins in Washington.  Now they are our top competition for the first pick in the draft.

12 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And spend to the cap SMARTLY!

But they wont spend $20M on 2 good OL. 

Yes I believe they will let Turner go this offseason. I could easily see them using a day 2 pick on an O-linemen. They'll annoint Jonah Williams a starting tackle regardless of his health. But they won't sign impact free agents and will continue to be subpar on the line.

It's always hilarious to see posts right after a loss on this board. What a bunch of whiny fucking crybabies. "This is the worst team ever! This is the worst coaching staff ever! I'm really done with this team this time! Again! Fuck Mike Brown for ruining my life! Boo fucking hoo!"

33 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Eagles just re-signed their RG Brooks for $52M over 4 years with $30M guaranteed. 

Mikey craps himself if he has to pay a guard $6M per year. 

Good news is - none of our guards are even worth $2M per year.

Which is why they're likely to be here again next season.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

It's always hilarious to see posts right after a loss on this board. What a bunch of whiny fucking crybabies. "This is the worst team ever! This is the worst coaching staff ever! I'm really done with this team this time! Again! Fuck Mike Brown for ruining my life! Boo fucking hoo!"

This is one of the worst teams ever.   Dead last or close in almost every meaningful offensive and defensive statistical category.  It is literally the same horrible defense  from last year player wise.   It is the most inexperienced coaching staff in the NFL by far. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

I was thinking more like Bolton, the club just “Wanders” around.   See what I did there?  Bolton Wanderers??

True, Bolton was in the Premier League as recently as 2011. That they are close to dropping out of League One and into the competitive leagues abyss, is a testament to their inadequacies in talent acquisition and management. 

I suppose that is redundant to the thread subject. Never mind. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

True, Bolton was in the Premier League as recently as 2011. That they are close to dropping out of League One and into the competitive leagues abyss, is a testament to their inadequacies in talent acquisition and management. 

I suppose that is redundant to the thread subject. Never mind. 

"The Palindrome for Bolton is Notlob"

Python - Dead Parrot Sketch

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Haha.  Not sure if you're serious or not, but it's not like a 6-2 team just lost and dropped to 6-3, but still has hope for the playoffs or any measure of respectability within the foreseeable future.  And it's a bit more than "a loss" that brought all this on.  It's more like 11 straight of 'em, 16 of the last 17, and 18 of the last 20. 

Ten teams in NFL history have gone 1-15 and two have gone 0-16.  This bunch has a good shot at being either the 11th or the third.  The "whining" here is just catharsis for people who realize that 99.9% of the people outside this board could not give a shit less about the Bengals. And that, is not good.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

mockingspongebobbb.jpg

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

good game Bengals!! Go get-em #Whod Ey 

fine.jpg

Archived