Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

7 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Palmer mattered but a bad defense, unlucky injury, and mediocre coaching did him in.  Of course, now we might have a worse coach, but there is always the next guy...

And just like Palmer or Dalton for that matter, he will never be given all the tools to succeed

i hear Chicago State has a really good FullBack . maybe we'll get him. of course they wont use him for more then 20%  of offensive plays , but then maybe he'll stay healthy enough to make the opening day roster ....

sarcasm aside , does it really matter who they pick at #1 ? if they pick a qb they'll not do anything with the OL.  

I voted for chase as well.  This defense is soooooo bad that we can't score enough points to beat anybody.

Yesterday wasn't enough of a sample to measure Finley by. My guess is, that if you fix the line and get people healthy, he can be as good as Dalton.

You (hopefully) already have your left tackle in the fold so one or two more pieces, not necessarily first rounders (and maybe a better coach) can produce an adequate line.

We need quality linebackers as much as anything but if you can get a once in a blue moon talent like Young, you do it. He can make a bigger impact on the defense than any other single pick......then you try to find an LB (or 2) via draft or FA.

I've been racking my brain to find a way out of this mess and this seems like the best path to start on.

For what it's worth, I thought Tua looked better on Saturday (I really haven't watched them otherwise this year). He had a better touch on his long throws - even playing in pain.

I voted Chase because you can't pass him up.

And I like Burrow but can't see him being the first pick in the draft.

Not impossible that he slides a bit.

I would love to see them trade up and take whichever quarterback slides to where they pick,

Burrows, Tua or Herbert.  Gamble that Herbert slides to round 2?

Still, at that, too many holes on the Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive backfield.

Webb and McRae are shit.

Pick up LaVar Arrington in free agency.

Right now Burrow is my pick. But, because this organization refuses to pursue top free agents, this will not be a quick rebuild. So if they decide to take the best player, Chase Young, and go for the QB next year I’d be ok with that. 

Chase Young without question. I think his presence alone makes the entire dline better, He's going to beat a lot of double teams. Teams won't be able to double team Geno anymore and Hubbard Lawson and Dunlap will be more effective..  I can't believe most are voting for the one-year wonder Burrow. That would be very risky IMO with the #1 overall pick. I think Tua is the better QB and has been more productive vs big-time competition since he was a freshman.

8 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Chase Young without question. I think his presence alone makes the entire dline better, He's going to beat a lot of double teams. Teams won't be able to double team Geno anymore and Hubbard Lawson and Dunlap will be more effective..  I can't believe most are voting for the one-year wonder Burrow. That would be very risky IMO with the #1 overall pick. I think Tua is the better QB and has been more productive vs big-time competition since he was a freshman.

I am not saying who they should or shouldn't pick, but Tua has been hurt two years in a row... in college... behind Bama's o-line..

How long would he last here.

Honestly I think I would be happy with any of the players on the list, and probably ok with getting a haul for the #1 pick as long as they didn't trade down and pick John Ross IV 

For those that want Chase Young, ask yourself this.

What impact could he make in this current scheme?

The answer is none.

Unless, they go out a get a proven defensive minded coach who would know how to utilize his skills, picking him would be a waste.

Tua's injuries are a red flag, plus Alabama players seem to have A LOT of wear and tear on their body when the enter the league.

I'd pick Joe Burrow.

1 hour ago, OneHeartBeat said:

Chase Young without question. I think his presence alone makes the entire dline better, He's going to beat a lot of double teams. Teams won't be able to double team Geno anymore and Hubbard Lawson and Dunlap will be more effective..  I can't believe most are voting for the one-year wonder Burrow. That would be very risky IMO with the #1 overall pick. I think Tua is the better QB and has been more productive vs big-time competition since he was a freshman.

It’s not like Burrow was a bad QB last season. He was playing in a prehistoric offense designed around the bad QBs LSU has had recently. 

Archived