Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

35 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about Chase Young in the draft and a healthy Tua with our 2021 #1 in the supplemental?

Rest of the 2020 on O line and Linebackers.

New D Coord, new O Line coach... could be an interesting team next year.

It could be, it sounds sensible, and it also sounds entirely out of character for the Bengals.

I want to believe.. 

44 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about Chase Young in the draft and a healthy Tua with our 2021 #1 in the supplemental?

Rest of the 2020 on O line and Linebackers.

New D Coord, new O Line coach... could be an interesting team next year.

Tua is too injury prone, he's not the biggest of guys and he's had some major injuries and surgeries in his brief college career. If can't survive the SEC without taking getting hurt I don't think he can last in the NFL.

I would not draft him before the 3rd round and would not consider him to be a franchise QB prospect.

16 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If we pick first in the regular draft, we'd have the top pick in the supplemental. But Tua probably wouldn't be allowed in the supplemental draft. It's for players who have been kicked out of school for various reasons they couldn't foresee in January when underclassmen are normally required to declare.

Not 100% sure but I think the bottom 5 or 10 teams are placed a lottery for the pick order in the Supp draft so not the same order by default as the regular draft. 

The article noted the rules are flexible in the sense of 'if there has been a significant change' which could be grades, injuries, etc. 

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

What about drafting Chase Young and then trading a third rounder for a guy like Mitch Trubisky? He's younger with higher upside than Dalton. Definitely more upside than Finley. Might not be a bad way to go. 

Hard pass on Trubisky...Bears fans want Dalton instead of him. He's awful, he's going to get his HC fired. 

There are better options than Dalton and Trubisky.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

What about drafting Chase Young and then trading a third rounder for a guy like Mitch Trubisky? He's younger with higher upside than Dalton. Definitely more upside than Finley. Might not be a bad way to go. 

ha ha ha aha hhaahahaahah.... no thanks... he is garbage, why give anything up for him? 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Incidentally,  is there draft discussion in this forum anymore? In past years people posted mock drafts and discussed prospects. But the draft forum has been quiet for weeks.

the Bengals are horrible and this site has way way less people than it did in the past.... kinda easy to understand why there isn't much talk going on 

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

ha ha ha aha hhaahahaahah.... no thanks... he is garbage, why give anything up for him? 

Well Dalton is done here and we're currently starting Ryan Finley. How is that better?

So where is this new savior QB coming from? I'm really curious as to how they're going to pull that off. 

There is only one reason why AD is "done here"...and that finger points directly at the clueless kid coach who is furiously trying to bail water before he sinks.

But he'll get his chance to "get his own guy"--and it just might be some offseason erstwhile  "bridge" like Mitch or Blake Bortles or some other fill in the blank. The bus tires will still need another tossee to get him through next season.

48 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

There is only one reason why AD is "done here"...and that finger points directly at the clueless kid coach who is furiously trying to bail water before he sinks.

But he'll get his chance to "get his own guy"--and it just might be some offseason erstwhile  "bridge" like Mitch or Blake Bortles or some other fill in the blank. The bus tires will still need another tossee to get him through next season.

I mean it is what it is...new coaches always want new QB's,...that;s the general rule of thumb.  

Either way, Andy's not a difference maker regardless of who the coach is...so why not move on?

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There is only one reason why AD is "done here"..

Uh, because he is past his prime and his prime was barely adequate and sucky in the playoffs

The fact that fans defend one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL shows that this is the dumbest fanbase in the NFL.  

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

I mean it is what it is...new coaches always want new QB's,...that;s the general rule of thumb.  

Either way, Andy's not a difference maker regardless of who the coach is...so why not move on?

A favorite mantra...however the question still begs: move on to what? 

However, I do concur: they should move on...from Taylor.

16 hours ago, spicoli said:

Well Dalton is done here and we're currently starting Ryan Finley. How is that better?

So where is this new savior QB coming from? I'm really curious as to how they're going to pull that off. 

that's fine.. I am just saying why give up anything for another shit QB?

Just decided to watch THE today (actually held hostage at a family function and it was mandated to be on). Watched the sainted Chase while not interested in being distracted by the rest of it. 

Penn State was running the most predictable offense I have seen since, well, the Bengals. Especially when the second QB came on, they just ran the ball all the time. St Chase was adequate chasing outside runs, but was just a guy when they went between G-T or right at him. He showed little with cross field to the middle, when the QB decided to tuck and go--getting tied up with second level blockers. Not the worst thing fo a rush end, but it cemented my doubts that he will be a force against the run at least until he gets some bulk. 

He stood up a lot--suppose that is the scheme--but was only moving forward, no disguising dropping into coverage. Again, a rush end is supposed to do that. He had nice moves on the inside of the tackle and displayed a very good rip move without taking on the lineman straight up. No one really got a good grab at him on the rush. 

All in all, a certified marvelous college DE. Easily the best defensive player to be coming out. The tools are there. 

Not going to express anything other than he will need competent NFL coaching to refine the skills. Not a finished product, but not far off either. 

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

This fanbase is forever trading the cow for magic beans.

You are aware they were magic beans and Jack ended up with a bag of gold coins, a magic harp and a goose that laid golden eggs?  Just saying. 

16 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Sorry Doctor...but since the franchise is now back to wandering endlessly with QB's the quality of your avatar (by their own doing), the question becomes: just who is dumb here? 

Bringing up my avatar?  Frerotten was over the hill and sucked.  Bengals used him to a 2-14 record and drafting Palmer. 

Thanks for making my point for me.  If anbody thinks Dalton should be under contract for Bengals in 2020, I don't know what to say.  Dumbest fans in NFL

On 11/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, T-Dub said:

This is not an NFL roster.   Right now we need 6-8 average to pretty good guys more than we need one great one.

I'm still befuddled by how this happened....every year the Bengals seem to have at least an average draft, if not a very good draft, depending on who's doing the rating. We should have a roster equal to any other team in the NFL, and yet the product on the field is glaringly inferior.

Duke Tobin was supposed to be the answer to our "no GM" situation, but I'm starting to think this man should be fired. He lead the charge for Zac Taylor, which in and of itself is grounds for dismissal, and then you have the mess on the field masquerading as an NFL team. Not impressed, Mr. Tobin....not at all.

Archived