Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

41 minutes ago, spicoli said:

well since we all know how ownership feels about free agency, what exactly is the alternative?

That is the thing , there is no alternative. If you 'draft and develop' but have the smallest scouting staff and meh coaches you actually wont draft and develop many players. Or you wont develop enough to compensate for the constant turnover of players on a roster each year due to injury, performance issues, free agency, retirement. 

Essentially the Penrose stairs.

46 minutes ago, membengal said:

Stop posting these videos...you're going to make me want to draft Burrow instead of Chase Young!  My mind says adding a QB to this mess we call the Bengals is like putting lipstick on a pig.  We need to build up both lines...right?  We need a great D so we can be in every game, right?  Can Joe B. be a one year wonder and a great NFL QB?  I'm glad I'm not the one making decisions for the Bengals...well...how much worse could I do than the ones currently making decisions?

Of course there are no guarantees in any draft pick, but the consensus seems to be that Burrow or Young are the top 2 players in the draft.  So if the Bengals do draft 1st or 2nd I hope the pick will be one of those guys.  I really hope they do not go out and outsmart themselves and take someone they easily could have traded down and drafted late in the 1st round. 

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yep Young is saying he will be returning to OSU. This makes Burrow the pick.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/12/14/21021834/chase-young-ohio-state-buckeyes-news-osu-football-bengals-nfl-draft-dates

No way Young is giving up $32mil plus guaranteed to play another year. 

2 hours ago, Go Tory Go! said:

The haunting prospect of potentially spending 5 years working for Mike Brown is going to scare Chase Young out of the draft. If we 'pass' the Giants (or 'get passed,' more like) I bet he heads to NFL.

very well could be.

that said...I'll believe it when I see it. 

So we virtually have to get the first pick to draft Athens O Joe.

If the Giants get the first pick, someone will offer them the ranch and livestock to draft Burrows.

Probably not us.

If Burrows is gone and we draft second, I would trade the pick for however many good draft choices we can get.

After Burrows and Young, I don't know who else would be worth a pick that high.

So while I'm freezing my ass off in the stands tomorrow, I am going to be paying as much attention 

to the scoreboard as the humiliation on the field.

51 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

If Burrows is gone and we draft second, I would trade the pick for however many good draft choices we can get.

why would anyone do that if Young isn't available?

If you want Burrow, you absolutely have to pick number one overall...period.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

why would anyone do that if Young isn't available?

If you want Burrow, you absolutely have to pick number one overall...period.

That's what I'm saying.

Or tried to.

However, now Young is backtracking a bit or his statement was misinterpreted or taken out of context.

Sour Apples Harry looks for the Bengals to be very Bengalike and screw up not only the season but the draft.

BTW... Just came on an interesting stat factoid... Out of the Bengals 10 2019 draft picks, with Renell Wren the Bengals now have 6 of the 10 on IR

or playing for other teams.

Archived