Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

7 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Could it be set up any better?  The kid is from Athens, Ohio.  Originally went to Ohio State.  Transferred to where else?  Louisiana State Tigers.  Also known as the Bayou Bengals.  Just so happens that the Cincinnati Bengals have the first overall pick and need a quarterback.  And, oh yeah, the kid can play.  Its the perfect script.    

Serendipity.  Karma.  The planets alining and Mercury is out of retrograde.

I look for the Bengals to fuck it up.

:ninja:

On 12/17/2019 at 5:14 AM, Bengal_Buckeye said:

What is it with one year wonders at the qb position. He couldn’t start for Ohio State and didn’t do much his first year at LSU but since he’s had one good year everyone wants to jump on the Burrow bandwagon. The Buckeyes have put out two very good de’s in the Bosa brothers and now have the best player in the Country and we are going to pass on him. This is the reason this team and organization is a joke. They bomb on head coaches and the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

To be fair Carson Palmer really didn't take it to the next level until his Senior year.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/carson-palmer-1.html

LOL, @ one year wonder argument. In that one year the guy QBs a team that probably goes undefeated in the SEC, probably wins national championship, wins the Heisman, sets a fuckload of single season passing records.

WTF does any of that have to do with this being the reason Cincy is a joke? Dude hasn't even been drafted yet. 

The one thing you can take to the bank - someone is taking him early.... Good grief.

What exactly then is the plan at QB? Keep Dalton?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Serendipity.  Karma.  The planets alining and Mercury is out of retrograde.

I look for the Bengals to fuck it up.

:ninja:

All they have to do is win 2 games. Which isn’t unreasonable. Miami is almost as bad as we are and the Clowns are imploding. 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

All they have to do is win 2 games. Which isn’t unreasonable. Miami is almost as bad as we are and the Clowns are imploding. 

yeah.. they need to give Finley one more shot for the Dolphins game... see what he has... 🙂 

25 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yeah.. they need to give Finley one more shot for the Dolphins game... see what he has... 🙂 

I get what you are saying but with our luck Finley would throw 400 yards and rush for another 200.  Throw 4 td's and run for 3 more.

Mike Brown would like to cream his pants but is too old, Pumpkin will cream hers and Troy will tape it and Lil Paul screams out "Yeah Baby".

Thinking they are set the Bengals will draft a TE that was injured in a bowl game and won't be ready till 2021.

10 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Could it be set up any better?  The kid is from Athens, Ohio.  Originally went to Ohio State.  Transferred to where else?  Louisiana State Tigers.  Also known as the Bayou Bengals.  Just so happens that the Cincinnati Bengals have the first overall pick and need a quarterback.  And, oh yeah, the kid can play.  Its the perfect script.    

The perfect script for one of those after-school specials where the hero never wears his seatbelt and dies in the end only instead of a missing seatbelt it's an offensive line.   Squandering top talent is what we do best!  Imagine working your whole life for that moment then getting drafted to Cincinnati.  He's probably wishing he'd played baseball instead.

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We should give Dolegala a couple of starts. Taylor wanted him so let's see how good a QB evaluator Zac is. 

You really don't know what you have until he shows up at camp and plays with grown ass men.  When Mahomes showed up at Kansas City, the team still had pro bowl QB Alex Smith who had an incredible season.  104 passer rating, 26TDs to 5 ints, 270yds a game.   Obviously, Mahomes must have blown them away in practice since they got rid of Smith.    The flip side its Josh Rosen shows up at Miami and after 3 games it is obvious the guy simply can't play so they replace him with 37 year old Fitz who ins't exactly Aaron Rodgers. 

It doesn't take long to figure out if a guy is good or not.   They have no reason to waste anyone's time playing a guy they know can't play.

I don't have any reason to think Dolegala is good. But he's a guy Taylor wanted. Taylor also got the team to trade up to draft Finley who I think we would all agree isn't good. So give Dolegala a chance to see if Taylor is simply a bad judge of QBs. He may well be in which case we should fire him now before he has any influence on Burrow's career. 

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The perfect script for one of those after-school specials where the hero never wears his seatbelt and dies in the end only instead of a missing seatbelt it's an offensive line.   Squandering top talent is what we do best!  Imagine working your whole life for that moment then getting drafted to Cincinnati.  He's probably wishing he'd played baseball instead.

Eh, its played much better over the second half and should get better with the addition of Jonah Williams.  Dalton left alot of plays out there on the field...alot.  Burrow's play may not translate to the NFL, but from what he's shown at the collegiate level, there stands to be reason for optimism when it comes to his ability to make more plays versus Daltons.  Never know until he gets there though.  So, its just speculation at this point.  However, i will take it.  Not much else to be hyped up for at this point.  

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

You really don't know what you have until he shows up at camp and plays with grown ass men.  When Mahomes showed up at Kansas City, the team still had pro bowl QB Alex Smith who had an incredible season.  104 passer rating, 26TDs to 5 ints, 270yds a game.   Obviously, Mahomes must have blown them away in practice since they got rid of Smith.    The flip side its Josh Rosen shows up at Miami and after 3 games it is obvious the guy simply can't play so they replace him with 37 year old Fitz who ins't exactly Aaron Rodgers. 

It doesn't take long to figure out if a guy is good or not.   They have no reason to waste anyone's time playing a guy they know can't play.

But there are always guys who are "gamers" who play better on Sunday than Wednesday. There's no particular reason to think Dolegals is one but if he's been on the 53 man roster all year, he should get on the field. Otherwise, it's just a wasted roster spot. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

In season QB1 is going to take 95%+ of practice reps. There really isn’t much time to evaluate QB3 unless he is the scout team QB. He rarely practiced in the preseason either except the last OTA and game. And since he wasn’t a high draft pick, unlike Mahomes, there is no motivation to do so in season. I doubt he has practiced much at all since PS4. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

In season QB1 is going to take 95%+ of practice reps. There really isn’t much time to evaluate QB3 unless he is the scout team QB. He rarely practiced in the preseason either except the last OTA and game. And since he wasn’t a high draft pick, unlike Mahomes, there is no motivation to do so in season. I doubt he has practiced much at all since PS4. 

I can walk onto any lacrosse or soccer field, watch a player warm up and tell you if he is any good.  I imagine professional football coaches are way better than me at doing same thing.  There is a reason it took so long to put in Haskins. On the field, guy simply wasn’t ready and the coaches knew it. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I'm getting a sinking feeling in my gut that its time for a 
"What Will the Bengals Do With the Third Pick in the Draft"

thread.

no :ninja:

Could there be anything more Bengal-like though? Shit I'm almost expecting it at this point. 

1 hour ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

You mean how Burrow has all day to throw. He goes through his progressions twice with the time he has. In the NFL you don’t have that kind of time unless you’re playing the Bengals defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Bucky, my friend...

I like Chase Young.  A lot.  Would love to see him in stripes.
BUT...

Chase is a luxury.

QB Joe is a necessity.

Right now my concern is we win the last two.

Doable because Miami is a shit show and Cleveland is poised for

a major melt down implosion the final game vs us at home with a

Battle of the Massive Egos on the sidelines.  The Hobo vs Black Goldilocks

smacking the piss out of each other with their purses on the sidelines.

My crystal ball shows us getting neither and drafting hind teat again.

Archived