Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Bucky, my friend...

I like Chase Young.  A lot.  Would love to see him in stripes.
BUT...

Chase is a luxury.

QB Joe is a necessity.

Right now my concern is we win the last two.

Doable because Miami is a shit show and Cleveland is poised for

a major melt down implosion the final game vs us at home with a

Battle of the Massive Egos on the sidelines.  The Hobo vs Black Goldilocks

smacking the piss out of each other with their purses on the sidelines.

My crystal ball shows us getting neither and drafting hind teat again.

Hell no, Fitzmagic is going to go off on his former club just because.  Think about this:  The last time we played and beat Miami, it took our record to 4-1 and we were leading the division.   That was LAST FUCKING YEAR.  Since that win the club has gone 3-22.  

The envelope is in...

With the third pick ... in the 2020 NFL Draft ... the Cincinnati Bengals ... select ...

*insert dramatic pause HERE*

... TUBA TUBALATALOVA, Quarterback from some college I forget

Jump shot to the Bengals War Room.

It looks like V-J Day.

Zac's press conference ... "We got the guy we wanted all along.  Unbelievable good luck that he was still there when we drafted third.  Our plan has been to bring him along slowly for a year, grooming him under the red haired Yoda.  We are not concerned about the injury.  He will be pro bowl ready opening day 2021 even if he does walk like Chester in Gunsmoke and throw like a girl.  This is truly a turning point in Bengals history.  Thank you.  And don't forget to pick up a copy of my resume on the way out.  They're laminated."

This might not be a popular opinion, but we need to spend $$$$$ and draft picks 2-5 on OL. Keep Green, and Boyd, and bring in a 3rd guy like Cobb. The defense can wait a year. I just want to keep Burrow from constantly burrowing into the ground (get it? ha haha, not really). Defense can wait for a year. I know our guys are getting old and they aren't very good anymore, but I would rather have a year of Burrow protected and playing lights out than him having to constantly run around while getting sacked. Even if we don't win much I would still like him having all the confidence in the world. 

Or the team might make the Garoppolo or Mahomes effect? I live in 49er country, and last season the 49ers were looking at playoffs. Then Garoppolo gets hurt and Mullens/Bethard had similar stats to what Garoppolo has. Why do they win under Garoppolo yet Mullens/Bethard that came in when he was injured they cannot win? There is more to winning than just stats. There is confidence, and teammates that are confident in you leading the team. 

10 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Start checking prices, nothing else makes sense and Ditka isn't running any drafts in 2020.

Trade down, pick Tua and the best lineman or linebacker AFTER spending money in FA.  Get another linebacker. 

So my Cliff Notes view since I'm sure this subject will blow up and I can add later is take Chase.

He's a special player who will get better faster than a QB. 

Do we put Joe B behind this shitty line? I think not and we can't afford a Carson learning year.

The rest of the draft build OL, and over build it...LBs who can cover in the modern NFL and another CB. 

We will still suck record wise and will be able to get a primo QB next year, let Andy run the team next season, his cap hit is nothing.

Just now, SF2 said:

Trade down, pick Tua and the best lineman or linebacker AFTER spending money in FA.  Get another linebacker. 

Gotta have a killer offer to trade out of Young IMO, Tua is too much of a medical risk but I'm all over your FA opinion.

Need OL, LB and corner. I'd deal Green too, as much as that sucks, he's not going to fit in financially.

5 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Do we put Joe B behind this shitty line? I think not and we can't afford a Carson learning year.

Yes, I agree this line sucks.  Since we know generally speaking how things work with the Bengals, this is how I estimate the situation to work.

I don't believe he'll have to work with a shitty line.  Because;

1. I believe we can afford a learning year. 

2. There will be a placeholder. 

Not sure who the placeholder will be but I do think our line will not improve without a serious upgrade.  Since we "build a team in the draft," the only hope is to get the most out of what we have and possibly pick up potential starters in the draft.  I'm not confident with our current coaching staff in reference to the offense and it's line.  Perhaps an upgrade in the offensive coaching department and various players stay off the PUP or injury list...  Because if we pick Jeaux then we will not have the opportunity to resolve the line in the draft.  

By the time the coaching staff is settled in at the tail end of a losing season or after a year, Jeaux will start.  

There are many options and alternatives but the Inbreds have shown time and time again they can’t plan past the next Purchase Order from Office Depot. 

All of our plans are based on getting better players in house and being at least competitive. The Inbreds have shown no such planning - either lack of skills or lack of need to or a bit of both. 

49ers rebuild in basically two years , we will add just enough players in three years to offset the losses of Geno, Gio, Dunlap, etc. 

it is actually quite sad that many on this board could operate this franchise much better. There is a gaping lack of football knowledge (roster building, systems, scouting, planning, etc.) in the Inbreds circle. And they just don’t seem to give 2 shits. 

Can’t wait for another classic year end presser from the Tree Sloth with all his useless cliches and his alligator tears for fans and how he really wants to win. 

47 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I'm a little shocked at how many are sold on Burrow. It only took him 5 years to figure out the college game. 

It makes a difference that when he figured it out he had what may have been the best season a college QB has ever had.

1 hour ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I'm a little shocked at how many are sold on Burrow. It only took him 5 years to figure out the college game. 

5 years?  He was stuck behind a very good QB at Ohio St. and he had a very good season last year.  Where do you get 5 years from? 

The reality is Burrow is a risk, especially if he ends up here.  He will have the same issues as Haskins has in Washington.  If Jonah Hill err Williams plays well and Glenn stays and plays  the o line will be OK.  The big question is does Dalton stay another year?   I can’t see that.  Do you take Burrow and have nothing behind him?   How about bringing in Mariotta on a short deal and Burrow?

Young is by far the safest pick.  There is no reason to think he will falter.  It is one of the easiest positions to predict success for based on college film and measurables.  He will instantly make the defense better most likely. 

It is a tough choice to be honest.  It is extremely rare a rookie QB plays great. Point is game reps are huge for QB development and a full year in the league makes a HUGE difference.   Young is probably an instant pro bowl player. 

Archived