Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

Not seeing the Herbert helium - 12 for 17 for 98 yards and 1 pick at the nine minute mark of the fourth. He has run in two short TDs.

eta - and now a third running TD - this time from 30 yards. Maybe he is like Josh Allen in skill set? I sure don’t see anyone having him ranked ahead of Burrow.

The thing about Herbert is he may be the most physically gifted of this year's QB prospects.  Size, arm, and athleticism.  Some coach will be enticed by that and think they can mold him into a great QB.  And maybe they can.  But I hope the Bengals stick with Bayou Joe.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

The thing about Herbert is he may be the most physically gifted of this year's QB prospects.  Size, arm, and athleticism.  Some coach will be enticed by that and think they can mold him into a great QB.  And maybe they can.  But I hope the Bengals stick with Bayou Joe.

Sounds like Josh Allen.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm willing to bet that Mariota had a better draft grade than Hebert will end up with.

I'm not saying that means that Hebert can't be great...but I'm just sayin. 

On 11/10/2019 at 8:37 PM, PatternMaster said:

Burrow, he's from Ohio, can make all the throws, and he's mobile enough to keep defenses honest. 

At this point he's the best QB in CFB.

there is no argument for any other pick tbh. its burrow or a huge fuckup

wtf does young do for you?  losing 17-13 isnt any more fun than losing 27-17.

no defensive player is worth skipping the potential of Burrow. look at the best defenders taken, hell lets just look at houston, Watt and Clowney on the same team barely made them a playoff team, the only reason they beat us in the playoffs is because andy handles pressure about as well as michael jordan could hit a curve ball.

6 hours ago, GoBengals said:

no defensive player is worth skipping the potential of Burrow. look at the best defenders taken, hell lets just look at houston, Watt and Clowney on the same team barely made them a playoff team, the only reason they beat us in the playoffs is because andy handles pressure about as well as michael jordan could hit a curve ball.

Preach.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

True, so true.

He will fit right into their system

whereas he would not fit into ours.

:ninja: ... sorry ... the debbil made me do it ...

No problem...we all have "systems" to adhere.

And, despite the usual catcalls from the NFL-Is-As-Pure-As-the-Driven-Snow Group, would not surprise me whatsoever if the suddenly-miraculously-draft-rich-by-trades Stealers land in a spot to obtain this guy.    

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

No problem...we all have "systems" to adhere.

And, despite the usual catcalls from the NFL-Is-As-Pure-As-the-Driven-Snow Group, would not surprise me whatsoever if the suddenly-miraculously-draft-rich-by-trades Stealers land in a spot to obtain this guy.    

I agree wholeheartedly.

Never thought much about him being Ben's heir apparent but makes perfect sense.

He better get busy raping if he wants to make the grade as a Squeel quarterback.

On 1/1/2020 at 10:48 PM, GoBengals said:

So Burrow is worth an additional 4 points per game, and Young is worth 10 points per game, and you would take.. Burrow. 🤨

if burrow can keep the offense on the field for 6+ plays rather the usual 3-4 then he would be more benefit to the def then Young. points or no points.  but if the ol  cant protect him then it will be the same 3-4 plays and Young will be best.

imo if they dont fix the ol burrows will be a wasted pick.  but if they fix the ol Burrow has the chance to be good, but then Dalton would suffice and they could pick Young . either way , neither Burrows or Young will fix this team by themselves

57 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If they fix the O-line and take Burrow, his ceiling is higher than Dalton's. 

The problem as I see it is that they don't think anything needs fixing.  Otherwise I'd have to agree re: pure potential, but that's easy to say when comparing a 10 year vet to a rookie unknown.  You could also fairly say that his floor is lower than Dalton's, too.  Nobody knows what he'll do in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

You know what I fucking hate. I hate morons that want to call someone a bust after a couple years and multiple OL coaches. I remember Hopkins sucking ass and now everyone thinks he’s a pro bowler.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

i am not ready to write off price just yet. he was hurt early in tc , which is what gave hopkins the chance to shine. then when he returned he never complained and played hurt. defiantly need to improve hopefully getting healthy will do that . 

at worse i see him as a decent back up next year. but defiantly has to play better   

13 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

You know what I fucking hate. I hate morons that want to call someone a bust after a couple years and multiple OL coaches. I remember Hopkins sucking ass and now everyone thinks he’s a pro bowler.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Trey Hopkins was an undrafted FA.  Price first rounder.  Based simply on draft position and money paid to date, Price is a bust.  1st round players can’t be marginal backups particularly when the position they play is weak. 

It's fair to call Price a bust. He was a first round pick handed a starting job but couldn't keep it and was beat out by an undrafted player. Price will probably be kept around for years 3 and 4 of his rookie deal as a backup, but it's unlikely he'll win a starting guard job. 

Archived