Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

18 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

You know what I fucking hate. I hate morons that want to call someone a bust after a couple years and multiple OL coaches. I remember Hopkins sucking ass and now everyone thinks he’s a pro bowler.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I get being loyal to your college team, but at some point it clouds your judgement. 

I'd feel better about Price if he sometimes showed glimpses of ability and potential.

Unfortunately, he doesn't. He often just looks like an overmatched UDFA who isn't very athletic and has horrible technique.

The drafting of Price was enough for me to be glad Pollack is gone.

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

I get being loyal to your college team, but at some point it clouds your judgement. 

I'd feel better about Price if he sometimes showed glimpses of ability and potential.

Unfortunately, he doesn't. He often just looks like an overmatched UDFA who isn't very athletic and has horrible technique.

The drafting of Price was enough for me to be glad Pollack is gone.

Billy Price is the David Klingler of Centers.

Hate to say that.  I'm a Price fan but

The Price is Right (not),=.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:13 AM, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Do you morons know football at all. It’s easy to take one player out of a game. You double team or chip or even run away from them and that’s why this is a team sport. He would make Lawson, Hubbard and Atkins better. If they double him then Geno or Hubbard would be one on one.

Listen fuckwad, I didn't say anything about "one play."  I've seen him several times and watched highlights.  I said he will be a solid edge, but just don't see him as some kind of generational phenom that you spend 1-1 on.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, Bengal_Buckeye said:

You know what I fucking hate. I hate morons that want to call someone a bust after a couple years and multiple OL coaches. I remember Hopkins sucking ass and now everyone thinks he’s a pro bowler.

Kind of like people that think DE is more important than QB...in a QB driven league. 

On 1/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Price seems to not play very well.  He was a first round pick.  Hopkins wasnt drafted.  Sorry Charlie.

17 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Price seems to not play very well.  He was a first round pick.  Hopkins wasnt drafted.  Sorry Charlie.

Price looked to regress this year for whatever reason.   I suspect at least some of that was never fully healing from whatever had him out of training camp.  I can't help wonder if Coach Restraining Order wasn't writing "PUSSY" on his bathroom mirror or some other psycho bully shit on top of everything.   Not even full :ninja: about that  either. we can't 100% rule it out.  I warned everyone about this Aggie "wrestle the locker room alligator" buffoonery but y'all didn't believe :thwack1:

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Around last years draft the NFL Network had Brian Billick on talking about QB and accuracy. He said when they drafted Kyle Boller they convinced themselves they could fix his inaccuracies. They never did and he said you never can, if the QB is inaccurate in college they will be in the pros. 

Yup, I remember that. It has stuck with me. Burrow is SO far ahead of the rest of the class on that metric, that's amazing to look at with regard to that chart. 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Price looked to regress this year for whatever reason.   I suspect at least some of that was never fully healing from whatever had him out of training camp.  I can't help wonder if Coach Restraining Order wasn't writing "PUSSY" on his bathroom mirror or some other psycho bully shit on top of everything.   Not even full :ninja: about that  either. we can't 100% rule it out.  I warned everyone about this Aggie "wrestle the locker room alligator" buffoonery but y'all didn't believe :thwack1:

They are grown up men.  It seems that some of the other linemen responded as the season wore on.  Fred Johnson looked to come right and and produce.  Michael Jordan had good moments down the stretch.  Cordy Glenn, when he came back, improved the line as well.  Price may be running out of excuses.  Who knows though, he may fully heal next year and improve.  We'll see. 

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

They are grown up men.  It seems that some of the other linemen responded as the season wore on.  Fred Johnson looked to come right and and produce.  Michael Jordan had good moments down the stretch.  Cordy Glenn, when he came back, improved the line as well.  Price may be running out of excuses.  Who knows though, he may fully heal next year and improve.  We'll see. 

Question is - if Price had been a late rounder or UFA and played like he has everyone, probably including the team, would be looking to cut him and move on. 

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Question is - if Price had been a late rounder or UFA and played like he has everyone, probably including the team, would be looking to cut him and move on. 

I agree. The guy doesnt seem to have the ability to play consistently in the NFL.  Its not because a linemen coach, who others have responded under, is calling him a pussy.  I assure you that.  

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Bully Boy cannot be excused--and certainly not credited--for whatever line improvement seen the last handful of games. From this CincyJungle article (mid October), it is more than apparent he was in the middle of CordyGate--right up to his neck:

On Wednesday, Taylor announced that Glenn had been cleared to practice for the first time since he self-reported a concussion two months prior in the middle of the preseason. In his first practice back, the mood shifted from promising to catastrophic.

Glenn and an unnamed coach got into a heated argument—one that nearly turned physical—over the timing of Glenn’s return to the field. Glenn, the man who has been dealing with literal brain damage for several weeks, was being berated by his coach, whom has not been dealing with such ailments, for taking so long to come back to work. Remove the traditional tough-minded football tropes from your mind and realize how ridiculous the coach sounds in that scenario.

The coach and the Bengals appear to be on the same side, as the team fined Glenn $200,000 for conduct detrimental to the team. Essentially, they believe Glenn was biding his time to return and the team felt he was able to come back long before he did. As a response, Glenn reportedly asked to be cut from the team for being pressured to come back earlier than he felt he should.

We’re not pointing fingers here, but we can make an educated guess as to which coach was the one to get into it with Glenn. It wouldn’t be the first time Turner berated one of his players for standing by a personal decision he didn’t agree with.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/18/20919615/the-bengals-deserve-the-disaster-artist-known-as-jim-turner

If the line improved...it was either in spite of him, or simply to play for jobs in the hopes they could hang around longer than he does.  

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Dude, Price sucked last year under Marvin. Trey Hopkins and rookie Jordan vastly improved during the season. Hart even got better as the season wore on. Your tin foil hat bully conspiracy has run out of gas. 

BTW, not a single player came to Glenn’s defense after his altercation and fine.  I wonder why?  Probably because everyone knew he was full of shit. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dude, Price sucked last year under Marvin. Trey Hopkins and rookie Jordan vastly improved during the season. Hart even got better as the season wore on. Your tin foil hat bully conspiracy has run out of gas. 

BTW, not a single player came to Glenn’s defense after his altercation and fine.  I wonder why?  Probably because everyone knew he was full of shit. 

Exactly.  Oh gee golly gosh wow, the coach got into an argument with me, that mustn't ever happen . You big meany. Bad bully. Christ almighty. The logic is insufferable. 

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I'd hope so, since Dalton's ceiling is Andy "Zero Playoff Wins" Dalton

He has only one more playoff loss than Matt Stafford who is 0-3.  Funny how you never hear anyone bash the Lions or Stafford who have only 3 playoff appearances (losses) in 20 years.

Not defending Dalton but you never hear the Lions or Stafford bashed relentlessly. Their team has absolutely sucked this century.  Only the Browns have lost more games. The Bengals have 28 more wins than Detroit this century.  Detroit has won only 35% of their games. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

He has only one more playoff loss than Matt Stafford who is 0-3.  Funny how you never hear anyone bash the Lions or Stafford who have only 3 playoff appearances (losses) in 20 years.

Not defending Dalton but you never hear the Lions or Stafford bashed relentlessly. Their team has absolutely sucked this century.  Only the Browns have lost more games. The Bengals have 28 more wins than Detroit this century.  Detroit has won only 35% of their games. 

Very fair point.   Stafford was an elite prospect so he doenst get maligned much.  Dalton is the low hanging fruit.  There's no doubt it has become en vogue to bang on him and the Bengals.  Either way, there's only one way to change that perception and that is to win on the big stage.  Right or wrong, thats the way it will always be.

I know some serious Lions fans, they seem to blame ownership there as much as anything. Their ownership has made changes over the years but they can't seem to find the right people (with some huge goofs like Matt Millen). Seems like their fans appreciate the effort to change but are frustrated that the change never works. 

Lions haven't been especially successful the last couple of decades but Stafford has a much better arm than Dalton. That's why he gets more of a pass. He's had a 5000 yard, 40 TD season (when Calvin Johnson was still playing) while Dalton has never had anything like that despite having AJ Green. 

Archived