Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I was thinking we might pick up someone's 2nd & their 1st next year without dropping out of the top 10.  Maybe even some later picks to go with?  I could see 8+ rookies making this team. 

Miami's 1st is going to be a top 5 pick, and currently, the others look to be in the late teens and early twenties.

12 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Miami's 1st is going to be a top 5 pick, and currently, the others look to be in the late teens and early twenties.

I want theirs and the Steeler's first rounders.. then we draft ROTY with the Steeler pick  :fing27:

They have 14 picks overall but IDK how much they'd give up if they're only gaining 1-2 spots.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I want theirs and the Steeler's first rounders.. then we draft ROTY with the Steeler pick  :fing27:

They have 14 picks overall but IDK how much they'd give up if they're only gaining 1-2 spots.

If they are trying to get the best QB (they are) they would move up. 

12 hours ago, fluhartz said:

sounds good to me...

dude.. how scared were you when Justins knee went the wrong way??

I looked at my friends and said season over

I was absolutely terrified until I saw on Twitter he walked off on his own power. 

11 hours ago, kennethmw said:

The ideal scenario might be to trade #1 (or 2) to the Dolphins for at least three picks, preferably all three first rounders, and take the Best OT, a 1st rd LB, and at the bottom of the round, Take Tua.  Keep Andy for another year, and let Tua get healthy.

I don’t think Tua gets out of the top 15, and I still won’t be surprised if he goes top 5. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t think Tua gets out of the top 15, and I still won’t be surprised if he goes top 5. 

Assuming teams can make some kind of medical analysis by the time the draft rolls around. Tua was interviewed at the game Saturday and he said he was non-weight bearing for 6 weeks (may have said 8 ) then they take it from there. 

Joe Burrow's stats on throws where he was hit this season: 24-of-33 72.7% completions 509 yards 4 touchdowns 15.4 yards per attempt 154.4 NFL Rating All are tops in the country. The passer rating is 30 points better than any other QB while being hit in the last six seasons.

18 hours ago, Jason said:

The more I watch Lamar Jackson the more I want to draft Justin Fields.  I wouldn't be upset with Burrow at all, but my "dream scenario" right now is Chase Young this year and Justin Fields next.  

I dont think he is eligible till next year, and then we have to hope we are drafting that high again

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont think he is eligible till next year, and then we have to hope we are drafting that high again

Did you read the last phrase? As for getting pick 1, start Finley and we pick #1. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Anyone know what the tiebreaker between us and the Giants is if we end up with the same record?

Strength of schedule. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Anyone know what the tiebreaker between us and the Giants is if we end up with the same record?

If it would happen that they draft first, going by what you said in a reply to me elsewhere they are set with

a young quarterback but need defensive help bad.

They would take Chase Young with the first selection and we would get Joe Burrows with the second.

And all would be right with the world.

I have to admit, I've come around on Burrow. I voted Chase Young in the poll but after watching LSU the last 3 or 4 weeks, I'm impressed.

Yeah - he has more time in the pocket than you would get in most NFL games and most likely will not rush for as many yards - but - he seems to have the "it"factor.

I'd be happy if we got the #1 pick and grabbed Burrow. Then if we could just................................aw never mind.

Archived