Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

I was team Burrow before Tua got hurt.

I just don't trust 'Bama QBs to not be a product of the system.

As to the one year wonder stuff about Burrow, I mean Palmer didn't exactly shine until his final year either.

That said Chase Young would be awfully hard to say no to.

It's a matter of if we take Young do we believe we will be picking in the top 2 picks (because both QBs coming out next year I believe will be taken 1 and 2) next off season too? I'm not so sure.

Which is why I ultimately take Burrow.

7 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

The saddest people to learn of Tua Tagovailoa's injury were Chase Young and Joe Burrow. It made them even more likely selections of this sad sack franchise. 

Imnot feelin Burrows much..

Below average arm just like Dalton and Finley...

I take Young.. Rotation at d-end would be top end in the league no?

Trade down.  The only way I would take a QB 1st overall is if Mikey opens his wallet and signs some quality free agents (like LB of OL). We all know the chances of THAT happening are slightly south of zero so get those picks and pray that  they actually hit more then they miss.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

If it's Young they need to move someone.  That'd be far too much $ invested in the DL.   It's questionable now even without him.

Ah, I don't know. How much is "too much"? I know the Tibetan mantra is "save  to spend somewhere else"...but it never goes anywhere else. And it damn sure will never be used in free agency.

Better to have at least a (potentially) killer defensive line as a foundation, and attempt to piece the rest as you go. 

What I lol @ is the idiocy of using this Finley/Lady Gaga monster as a "bridge" to some other cast off QB...all the while the guy who is better than all of them sits and rots. Oh but they must "move on" :grin-min:

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Ah, I don't know. How much is "too much"? I know the Tibetan mantra is "save  to spend somewhere else"...but it never goes anywhere else. And it damn sure will never be used in free agency.

Better to have at least a (potentially) killer defensive line as a foundation, and attempt to piece the rest as you go. 

What I lol @ is the idiocy of using this Finley/Lady Gaga monster as a "bridge" to some other cast off QB...all the while the guy who is better than all of them sits and rots. Oh but they must "move on" :grin-min:

6f5.gif

Totally classless move.

I was on the fence when he brought in sketchy-ass Turner who immediately started talking up Hart... But yeeting Andy under the bus like that is when I gave up on Zac.  Not because Dalton's any great shakes, but he's an average QB at worst behind a for-real historically bad OL.  Finley might even be better in the long run but who could tell? The offense is broken.

Anyway, I already said I'd rather trade the pick, but just like with benching AD.. one player won't fix this mess.  Not even the best DE prospect in the 2019 draft.

Hate to say it but what I'd bet on is QB...  If we're lucky that's after dropping to #2-5 for early picks in 2nd/3rd.  Maybe even sneak back into the 1st round if they're sm- :lmao: someone will forget to charge their cellphone who am I kidding

Who plays QB next year if they take Young?

Forgot to note "the ship has sailed" along with the other saying. 

In their haste to protect young Taylor from his magnanimous moves, the franchise will try to get away from AD like he's nuclear waste as fast as they can. I expect there won't be even a look at trade, just a waiver so as to make the execution quicker. Taylor will mouth something along the lines of "FinleyGaga showed great strides at the end of the year...". Then, some Bortles-type will drop in, and be scooped up in a second...to the sound of triumphant horns. 

Nah, it will be Joe Burrow. That way, Zac will have "his" QB. Or something.

I just have a bad feeling that this weekend may be it for Mr. Finley. The Stealers are going to be mad that their boy got banged in the head and will be looking to inflict damage on an opposing AFCN QB. Finley will be just the meat they desire to do all kinds of nasty to, so Mr. Dalton will get to showcase his talents until the end of the year after the Stealers pull another Kimo on Finley.

22 minutes ago, crazycat said:

I just have a bad feeling that this weekend may be it for Mr. Finley. The Stealers are going to be mad that their boy got banged in the head and will be looking to inflict damage on an opposing AFCN QB. Finley will be just the meat they desire to do all kinds of nasty to, so Mr. Dalton will get to showcase his talents until the end of the year after the Stealers pull another Kimo on Finley.

Good thought.

I'm wondering if the Squeel O line minus Thugg Life Bouncy and Octomom will be weakened

enough for Carlos, Geno, Lawson, Ben and some of the hungry youngsters (Tofu, Wrenn) or

Nick Vigel to get in and finish the job on nut kicking piss ant Mason Dixon.

Hope so.

Stools try to headhunt our guys every game, that's just how they're coached.  We used to have this one LB they were scared of but they got him run out of the division & effectively the entire league.  Now we don't even have LB's that can tackle, let alone give them second thoughts about playing dirty.  Doormat punching bag status returns.

21 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Jeff Okudah

OSU - Mikey isn't paying for hotel rooms and plane fare to scout this kid.

CB - You can never have enough first round picks here.

I am naturally skeptical of anyone coming from An Ohio State University around here but I've been impressed with Hubbard.  And then there's Price, who I'm not sure even belongs in the NFL at this point..  but he looked better last year, and was since benched by OL Coach Restraining Order (or whoever makes decisions about the OL, apparently some of you think position coaches have no say in this) so yeh.. who the fuck knows..

Once again I wonder how anyone can evaluate talent in this mess.  It's like a cupboard full of soup with no labels.   Maybe it's chicken & dumplings, maybe its botulism & lead poisoning. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okudah is everything you could want in a CB. But I’m not taking him 1 overall. And we have bigger needs if we trade down. 

IDK about that, all our starting corners are hurt & WJ3 is the only one that sometimes looks above-average.   Trading down but staying in top 10 would be my choice anyway so using the pick on an exceptional DB prospect sounds ok..  You're right though, it sucks that we need filler more than a game-changer.  Trading down a few spots lets us come away with both.

I'll admit staying put at 1 & trading away some of the bitter vets for filler picks is also a worthy option.

I've heard plenty about the QB's & Young, but what positions look deep for this draft?

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Stools try to headhunt our guys every game, that's just how they're coached.  We used to have this one LB they were scared of but they got him run out of the division & effectively the entire league.  Now we don't even have LB's that can tackle, let alone give them second thoughts about playing dirty.  Doormat punching bag status returns.

I thought our LB's were very good at tackling - mind you that would be well past the Line of Scrimmage. 

18 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

One of the main sports pages today had an interesting idea - what if Tua did NOT declare for the draft but then was 100% healthy later and declared for the supplemental draft? Damn that would be interesting. We could pick a QB at #1 and another in the supp draft 9i know we may not be #1 in the supp ).

How about Chase Young in the draft and a healthy Tua with our 2021 #1 in the supplemental?

Rest of the 2020 on O line and Linebackers.

New D Coord, new O Line coach... could be an interesting team next year.

If we pick first in the regular draft, we'd have the top pick in the supplemental. But Tua probably wouldn't be allowed in the supplemental draft. It's for players who have been kicked out of school for various reasons they couldn't foresee in January when underclassmen are normally required to declare.

Archived