Bengals first overall draft pick scenarios...

If the Bengals don't blow it and start winning (hahaha), who should they pick #1?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. The Bengals select...

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Chase Young
    • Joe Burrow
    • Trade down for multiple picks

28 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

This post is stupid. So you take a qb that won’t even play. Yeah that makes sense. Keep up with the helpful posts. It’s Mike Brown logic like yours that keeps this team in the shitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Yeah it's definitely "Mike Brown logic" like mine, and not this foolproof plan to lose every game for the sake of drafting some college DE prospect.  Deliberately going 0-16 is how dynasties are made, and I guess Chase Young will also play QB when he's not saving us from asteroids or inventing cold fusion.

34 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah it's definitely "Mike Brown logic" like mine, and not this foolproof plan to lose every game for the sake of drafting some college DE prospect.  Deliberately going 0-16 is how dynasties are made, and I guess Chase Young will also play QB when he's not saving us from asteroids or inventing cold fusion.

I wouldn't challenge Woody Hayes, if I were you. He'll just correct you for your insolence--you near Michigan person you. 

You don't have to tank for it but there's nothing at all wrong with wanting the very best player in the draft that you can possibly get. 

Hype or no hype, just get the best dude possible that has the least chance of being a fuck up.

2 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Ok Mike Brown. I think if you spend a little more time away from the organization and less time acting like you know talent or how to run a team we wouldn’t be where we are today. Go on a trip around the world by boat starting in April and come back in March.

A. You replied to my comment twice. 
B. My comment was sarcasm.  You need a few more days here to realize I am a member of team Eeyore. Sarcasm and utter hopelessness are our calling card. 

On 11/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, Jason said:

First of all, we are glaringly, blindingly bad at OT, and the guys who could have made a difference have been hurt.  The rest of the OL isn't very good either, which sinks the entire offense.  I think if Williams, Glenn, AJ, and Ross had played all season the offense would be good enough to win games.

On defense, we are glaringly bad at LB.  That and our DBs haven't played to their ability.  Which relates to my next thought.

We have drafted what I thought were several good players.  But they haven't developed.  I think that is the other problem.  Failure to develop talent.

Injuries abound, yes, but doesn't every team have key injuries? The fact is, Duke Tobin has been an executive in the Bengals front office since 1999, most of them as Director of Player Personnel and the team is a mess, as it almost always is.  I'd be inclined to give somebody else a chance at building a team.

After consulting with me crack pipe tonight I think I'm going to jump on the C.Young bandwagon. 

If we take a burrow or Herbert it will just be a lost cause with this coaching staff.  They have yet to show the ability to progress a QB. Dalton's gotten worse every game it seems and Finley looked a mess. Put that on the coaching. Before the season started I expected a career year from ol Red. I know I'm a huge critic of ol Red but he is definitely capable of playing much better. Again I put that on the coaching. 

At least with a guy like young he can come in here and play and make a difference asap. Even if we suck balls again next year it shouldn't effect him too negatively. Where as if draft a burrow or Herbert and suck balls again it could destroy their confidence and ruin them. 

If ZT can't win this year or next with ol Red let the next coach pick our QB. Not the guy that looks like he won't make it through next season.  And at about this time the kid from ASU should be coming out. 

6 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Answer me this genius. When has this organization ever had a de with the skill Chase Young has? I do believe they missed on a few qb’s in the top ten picks.

Carlos Dunlap and Sam Hubbard are both better NFL DE's right now, today.  Arguments to the contrary are just hype and wishful thinking.  In fact the more people hype him up the less likely it becomes that he could ever live up to their fantastic expectations. He's a great college player, sure. So what? The NFL is absolutely littered with them. The Golden Gophers aren't on the schedule here (though I like their chances vs us even with Young)

14 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Oh and there’s a Peyton Manning in this group. The difference here is that Big Daddy was lazy in college and in the pros. Chase Young is far from Big Daddy so know what you’re talking about before comparing the two. I see the Bosa’s playing very well for their teams and Young is as good as or better than those two. Let’s keep drafting qb’s and be mediocre at the DL and shit at the OL. I think you fix the OL before drafting a an or you have another Klingler or Smith getting destroyed.

I like your logic in this post.

If you have a chance to draft a difference maker over a project, do so.

Athens Ohio Joe is not going to make a difference next year and probably get killed behind that O line.

I do not have a lot of confidence in Jonah Willams coming all the way back next year and am wait-and-see/show me with him.

Otherwise, please knock off making your responses to the others and more veteran posters less personal and argumentative.

That causes flame wars and perhaps banning.  Flame wars, while often amusing :popcorn: really don't do jack pittshit for the cultural aesthetic of this intellectual palace.

JMHO, of course, and fuck the Stealers.  And Marvin Lewis. 

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I like your logic in this post.

If you have a chance to draft a difference maker over a project, do so.

Athens Ohio Joe is not going to make a difference next year and probably get killed behind that O line.

I do not have a lot of confidence in Jonah Willams coming all the way back next year and am wait-and-see/show me with him.

Otherwise, please knock off making your responses to the others and more veteran posters less personal and argumentative.

That causes flame wars and perhaps banning.  Flame wars, while often amusing :popcorn: really don't do jack pittshit for the cultural aesthetic of this intellectual palace.

JMHO, of course, and fuck the Stealers.  And Marvin Lewis. 

Well said.......and Fuck Mike Brown twice.

Looks like I will be captured into viewing THE again this Saturday (against Michigan, it is the absolute best time to go shopping in Columbus--stores are virtually empty). Our Liverpool pub is hosting a two-fer--matchday at 10am followed by the other event. I am a part of the hosting, so thus the capture. Oh well...Go Bucks, or something.

Not keeping up with the Up North team, not sure if they have the means to contain St Chase the Young--or the THE defense in general. Will keep a close eye on the Bengals #1 pick...actually quite curious about him now. 

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Looks like I will be captured into viewing THE again this Saturday (against Michigan, it is the absolute best time to go shopping in Columbus--stores are virtually empty). Our Liverpool pub is hosting a two-fer--matchday at 10am followed by the other event. I am a part of the hosting, so thus the capture. Oh well...Go Bucks, or something.

Not keeping up with the Up North team, not sure if they have the means to contain St Chase the Young--or the THE defense in general. Will keep a close eye on the Bengals #1 pick...actually quite curious about him now. 

I'll be surprised if Michigan even shows up, knowing that CHASE YOUNG is playing.  Not like it would matter anyway since AN Ohio State University will obviously win by 1000 points with Young.   Their only hope is if Young has to don his cape to rescue children from a burning orphanage instead of sacking the Michigan QB 105 times.  He could probably do both at the same time, though.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'll be surprised if Michigan even shows up, knowing that CHASE YOUNG is playing.  Not like it would matter anyway since AN Ohio State University will obviously win by 1000 points with Young.   Their only hope is if Young has to don his cape to rescue children from a burning orphanage instead of sacking the Michigan QB 105 times.  He could probably do both at the same time, though.

An Ohio state University?

That could be the state university located in Athens, Ohio University.

the Ohio state University where Joe Burrow's father is the Defensive Coordinator

and Athens is the home and home high school of Athens Ohio Joe.

I prefer Chase Young but its win-win

with the player from The Ohio State University

or an Ohio state University home town, the one in Athens.

Gotta run.  the turkey glut awaits...

Happy Thanksgiving to All

and To All a Good Night.

We have a total of 16 sacks as a team.

I wish there was a clear cut QB that I felt good about in this draft to take with the #1 pick. If this were next year there would be but these guys coming out none of them have me feeling like they will be a franchise QB.

27 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I wish there was a clear cut QB that I felt good about in this draft to take with the #1 pick. If this were next year there would be but these guys coming out none of them have me feeling like they will be a franchise QB.

Exactly.

11 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

That sums up the way I feel, too.

Chase Young > the rest of the draft class

One of these quarterbacks with the first pick would almost be a reach; a wing and a prayer.

And a real screw up if  when the Bengals take one, Athens Joe.

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

An Ohio state University?

That could be the state university located in Athens, Ohio University.

the Ohio state University where Joe Burrow's father is the Defensive Coordinator

and Athens is the home and home high school of Athens Ohio Joe.

There actually are AN's: the 5 branches of Lima, Mansfield, Newark, Marion, and Wooster. Used to be (and still are at some locations) they were specific to a certain science or study. Any more, they are reservoirs for the Mother Ship with first and second year locals. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

There actually are AN's: the 5 branches of Lima, Mansfield, Newark, Marion, and Wooster. Used to be (and still are at some locations) they were specific to a certain science or study. Any more, they are reservoirs for the Mother Ship with first and second year locals. 

There are quite a number of Ohio state universities.   There's even one in Toledo.

But, there is only one THE. Watch tomorrow between 12-3:30pm eastern, and see an entire city go full I Am Legend. Do not be amazed if planes fall out of the sky and cars stop running during that period of time. Klaatu and Gort could appear, and no one would notice.

Archived