The Bad, Worse, and disgusting Ravens 11/10/19

Bad:  Finley was ineffective.  Losing by over 20, he was only able to muster 13 points.  Joe Mixon ran for over 100 yards.  This would usually be something good but when you are down by 20 points by the second quarter,  running Mixon 30 times is basically giving up. 

Worse: Defense is worthless

Disgusting: Coming out of a bi-week the team basically rolled over and died early.   The Stealers lost their 2 most dangerous weapons, Big Jen for the year and they are currently a wild card team. 

• SF2 changed the title to The Bad, Worse, and disgusting Ravens 11/10/19

The good? :

Randy saved us from a career high point differential, worse loss ever with the late field goal.

The weather.  Probably the last decent day for football from the stands of the season.

Carlos Dunlap and his father during the intros.

Piling on the suck list:

Finley proved he cannot throw the ball downfield at all.

We have become the home away from home for fans of the other team.

And we still have Pittsburgh, Cleveland and New England coming.

All my hope for Carl Lawson is gone.  Just another stumble  bum with potential

taking up a roster spot usually injured and picking up a paycheck.

Carlos?  Geno?  Anything resembling a defensive back?  Linebacker?  Bueler?

The Drama

Which coach(es) is cleaning out their office as I type?

Turner?  Armadillo? Bueler?

37 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The Drama

Which coach(es) is cleaning out their office as I type?

Turner?  Armadillo? Bueler?

I figured some of those were just place holders for one season, but now they're here & Mike Brown still runs the team. 

Firing people is mean.

Who here was at the final home game in 2002 (against NO)? Remember how--inexplicably--they managed to stay close all game, and then won on a last-minute rush TD by the memorable Nick Williams (or Luchey or whatever name he was at the moment)?

There will still be some moment like this the final 7 games--don't ask me which one. It will happen though.   

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Who here was at the final home game in 2002 (against NO)? Remember how--inexplicably--they managed to stay close all game, and then won on a last-minute rush TD by the memorable Nick Williams (or Luchey or whatever name he was at the moment)?

There will still be some moment like this the final 7 games--don't ask me which one. It will happen though.   

Probably Cleveland, or NE for the lulz

22 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

oh-no-we-suck-again-memecrunch-com-panthers-fans-be-like-18105957~2.png

At least I have Lamar Jackson as my starting QB on my fantasy team.

And we passed on him to take Billy Price.

3rd and 1,  and 4th and 1 with the QB in shotgun.

Can't tell you how many times this has happened.

Even Rich Gannon  mentioned this.

Multiple times.

This is all you need to know about Zac's coaching philosophy 

Trying to find a little ray of sunshine:

We did hold the ball for 13 minutes longer than the Ravens and did outrush them.

However, it doesn't matter when you turn the ball over 3 times and you can't cover a TE and the other team's strength is throwing to the TE. The one TO didn't even really matter because the ball was going over to Baltimore on downs anyway. 

Finley showed us that he's just as capable of overthrowing WRs and fumbling the ball just as well as Dalton is. 

25 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

We did hold the ball for 13 minutes longer than the Ravens and did outrush them.

However, it doesn't matter when you turn the ball over 3 times and you can't cover a TE and the other team's strength is throwing to the TE. The one TO didn't even really matter because the ball was going over to Baltimore on downs anyway. 

Finley showed us that he's just as capable of overthrowing WRs and fumbling the ball just as well as Dalton is. 

The score was 49-10 with 2:14 left in the third quarter.  From that point on Mixon ran the ball 10 times for 40 yards. We outrushed them and won the Time of Possession "battle" because they were playing a soft prevent for most of the 2nd half and were more than happy to let us run the clock out.

6 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

There is no sunshine...lol

we had the ball longer because it took us longer to go 3 and out than it did for them to score.

1/2 :ninja:

41 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

3rd and 1,  and 4th and 1 with the QB in shotgun.

Can't tell you how many times this has happened.

Even Rich Gannon  mentioned this.

Multiple times.

This is all you need to know about Zac's coaching philosophy 

We were doing that long before he got here.  I've noticed other teams do it too, I think it's a sign of bad OL's &/or shook OC's.

I've yet to see anything from Taylor I would call a "coaching philosophy",  He looks bewildered and his team is flapping with the wind.

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

We were doing that long before he got here.  I've noticed other teams do it too, I think it's a sign of bad OL's &/or shook OC's.

I've yet to see anything from Taylor I would call a "coaching philosophy",  He looks bewildered and his team is flapping with the wind.

Its simply a read from that position.  If they line up under center then the number of options drop off considerably based on formation.  Not an issue if you have a stud center and guards but well, you know. 

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Its simply a read from that position.  If they line up under center then the number of options drop off considerably based on formation.  Not an issue if you have a stud center and guards but well, you know. 

It's more the empty backfield that drives me nuts.  Why concede the run like that? It's chickenshit & paints a target on the QB.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The score was 49-10 with 2:14 left in the third quarter.  From that point on Mixon ran the ball 10 times for 40 yards. We outrushed them and won the Time of Possession "battle" because they were playing a soft prevent for most of the 2nd half and were more than happy to let us run the clock out.

And they still couldn't muster a TD in garbage time.

The leading rusher in the AFC last year has ZERO rushing touchdowns.

ZERO!!!

How is this even possible?

42 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

I figure Andy Dalton is still to blame. 😄

Or Donald Trump.  Like Mark Ingram said was the reason for Alabama losing Saturday.

1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

And they still couldn't muster a TD in garbage time.

The leading rusher in the AFC last year has ZERO rushing touchdowns.

ZERO!!!

How is this even possible?

Unknown-1.jpeg

Archived