Zac starting to crack, calls out linebackers

• SF2 changed the title to Zac starting to crack, calls out linebackers
49 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I hope he spoke slowly and used little words.  Maybe some simple drawings on the white board.

2 hours ago, JC said:

Then cuts Preston.

21 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Great call, She.  The article you mentioned...

"Preston Brown was demoted in Week 10. He’s now leaving town.

The Bengals have cut the veteran linebacker and Cincinnati native, sources told The Enquirer. 

Brown started the first eight games of the season, before he was replaced at strong side linebacker by rookie Germaine Pratt in last week’s 49-13 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. The 6-foot-1, 255 pound linebacker compiled 54 tackles through nine games, which was fourth on the club.

Brown signed a one-year deal with the Bengals during free agency in 2018 after spending his first four seasons with the Buffalo Bills. While in Buffalo, he posted a league-best 144 tackles in 2017. 

The Northwest grad never reached that level of production playing in his hometown. 

Ankle and knee injuries limited Brown to just seven games in his first season in Cincy. He registered 42 tackles and two interceptions in 2018. 

The Bengals re-signed Brown to a three-year, $16.5 million deal in March. Just eight months later, the team is parting ways with the 27-year-old linebacker and he'll go on waivers. Brown's dismisal means Cincinnati will have approximately $2.5 million in dead money on its books for the next two seasons.

Brown departs Cincinnati with 94 tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble in 16 games (15 starts). The sixth-year linebacker has 599 tackles, five interceptions and three forced fumbles in his career. 

Tuesday's roster decision paves the way for Pratt to maintain his new role as the squad's starting strong side linebacker. "

New guy, Brady Shelton or ... FoolHardy Nickerson from the Practice Squad. 

Or snatch a guy from another team's PS per Mr Flu's suggestion?

I guess that is a shake up for the linebackers, boy howdy.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/two-days-after-benching-buccaneers-cut-2016-firstround-pick-vernon-hargreaves-162958515.html

Bucs just cut 2017 first round pick cornerback Vernon Hargreaves.  Not a linebacker but we have an opening and Webb and McRae are horrible.  Is he a candidate for redeeming?  

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/two-days-after-benching-buccaneers-cut-2016-firstround-pick-vernon-hargreaves-162958515.html

Bucs just cut 2017 first round pick cornerback Vernon Hargreaves.  Not a linebacker but we have an opening and Webb and McRae are horrible.  Is he a candidate for redeeming?  

Hmmm. Let me see...

Former 1st Round Draft Pick? CHECK

Lazy Underachiever In The NFL? CHECK

Name Player That Can Be Sold To The Public As An Upgrade? CHECK

Draft Bust That Can Be Added On The Cheap? CHECK

Yes, yes indeed. Vernon Hargreaves is ripe for redeemin'

4 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Hmmm. Let me see...

Former 1st Round Draft Pick? CHECK

Lazy Underachiever In The NFL? CHECK

Name Player That Can Be Sold To The Public As An Upgrade? CHECK

Draft Bust That Can Be Added On The Cheap? CHECK

Yes, yes indeed. Vernon Hargreaves is ripe for redeemin'

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We should claim Hargreaves. It was laughable in the offseason when we gave Preston Brown a new contract coming off knee surgery when he was slow to begin with. Did they really think it would make him faster?

Hargreaves has to be an upgrade from B.M. Webb and McRae.  Doesn't he?

Waiting to see who they bring in for Preston Brown.

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On my local sports radio show they were talking about Brown and one quipped "He will probably be picked up by a team with few or no Lb's; like the Bengals"

Cut him, he passes thru waivers, pick him up cheaper.  Brilliant. Pay less for a bad linebacker!!

Archived