Observations - Finley & Week 11 Predictions

Hate me if you want but I like what I see with Finley. Going against a top defense he was able to make some things happen. He definitely has the skills to extend plays. Best pocket presence I've seen on this team since our Heisman champ.  

This week at Oakland I think he will improve much more and lead them to 3 TD drives against the much softer defense of the Raiders.

Something this offense has not been able to do all year. Put together 3 TD drives in one game. 

Anyone know how long it's been since we've scored over 20 points? 

Bengals 24

Raiders 23

Mixon 130 all purpose

Boyd 8 catches

Tate 100 yards

Eifert 2 TDs

I think we need to start calling you Crackpipe Bob.

The Raiders' run defense it pretty good so I don't see Mixon being much of a factor unless the Bengals are losing by a lot.  Team rarely does well on West Coast and the lack of any run defense will result in the Raiders' 8th ranked rushing attack having an absolute field day.

2 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Can't wait for the Dolegala thread in a couple weeks 

I can't wait for the Kaepernick thread in a couple of days.   It would be the perfect move for Mike Brown.  The league owners would be finally have that issue disappear and Mike would buy a few more years of unfettered parasite status. 

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

I can't wait for the Kaepernick thread in a couple of days.   It would be the perfect move for Mike Brown.  The league owners would be finally have that issue disappear and Mike would buy a few more years of unfettered parasite status. 

first thing I thought of when I heard about the workout for Saturday. that's all we need, a guy who hasn't played football in like 3 years to be brought in

On 11/13/2019 at 3:28 AM, Catfish Bob said:

Hate me if you want but I like what I see with Finley. Going against a top defense he was able to make some things happen. He definitely has the skills to extend plays. Best pocket presence I've seen on this team since our Heisman champ.  

This week at Oakland I think he will improve much more and lead them to 3 TD drives against the much softer defense of the Raiders.

Something this offense has not been able to do all year. Put together 3 TD drives in one game. 

Anyone know how long it's been since we've scored over 20 points? 

Bengals 24

Raiders 23

Mixon 130 all purpose

Boyd 8 catches

Tate 100 yards

Eifert 2 TDs

The offense didn't look bad stat-wise except for the turnovers. And not just mop-up yards. But the same red zone problems and completing drives problem that has plagued them the last 2 seasons. And also, again, no help from the defense.  I'll beat this drum all day: The crappy LBs are the biggest problem on this team. Stacking that position would go a long way in turning this team around. I'm not giving up on Zac yet. I'll give him another off-season to turn the roster around.

The only difference I saw in Finley compared to Dalton during the limited viewing of the game that I could stomach was his being quicker on bailing on the pocket. Not necessarily more mobile, just quicker to run. How was he on batted passes? The main infuriating trait of Dalton.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

The only difference I saw in Finley compared to Dalton during the limited viewing of the game that I could stomach was his being quicker on bailing on the pocket. Not necessarily more mobile, just quicker to run. How was he on batted passes? The main infuriating trait of Dalton.

You sure that's a Dalton "trait" and not our OL being used like a stepladder? 

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You sure that's a Dalton "trait" and not our OL being used like a stepladder? 

Both. I'm pretty sure that Dalton has always had that "tendency" (Yes, trait wasn't the best choice of words) with better OLs.

Archived