So Collin Kaepernick is having an open workout for all of the NFL teams to showcase his fitness and abilities.    This would be the perfect opportunity for Mike Brown and family to help out the league and buy a few years of league Goodwill.

The Kaepernick saga has been an issue with the league for years.  The payoff for perceived collusion didn't look good and the fact that nobody has signed him has been another thorn in the side of the league from a PR standpoint particularly with many of the players.

What better way to put the issue to rest than have some struggling team give ole Collin a shot to quiet the critics?   Mike Brown did the league a huge solid when he hired Marvin Lewis, this would be another solid that would keep the owners of his and Katie's back for a few years.  It brilliant!!

5 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

lol

You seem to be under the impression that the Brown family's goal is to win playoff games and make a championship run.  That is so cute!!   Keeping the gravy train running with the least amount of monetary sacrifice is why this franchise exists.   Keeping the other owners off their backs makes trips to Switzerland at the trade deadline less noticeable.   Sometimes if you take one for the team, it pays out in spades.

The Cincinnati Bengals are nothing more than the NFL's wingman.   Now talk to that ugly girl so the rest of the league can hit on the cute one!! 

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So Collin Kaepernick is having an open workout for all of the NFL teams to showcase his fitness and abilities.    This would be the perfect opportunity for Mike Brown and family to help out the league and buy a few years of league Goodwill.

The Kaepernick saga has been an issue with the league for years.  The payoff for perceived collusion didn't look good and the fact that nobody has signed him has been another thorn in the side of the league from a PR standpoint particularly with many of the players.

What better way to put the issue to rest than have some struggling team give ole Collin a shot to quiet the critics?   Mike Brown did the league a huge solid when he hired Marvin Lewis, this would be another solid that would keep the owners of his and Katie's back for a few years.  It brilliant!!

You are assuming Kap would even consider signing in Cincinnati. 

Guy has been lobbying to any team who might listen. He's been out of football for almost 3 seasons...and was regressing for the final two he did play. He will sign with anyone...anyone. 

All of the antics and PR stuff aside, why would the Bengals go this route with a dormant regressing player--when their second all-time leading passer has been sent to the dustbin? What is there really to gain--other than novelty?   

39 minutes ago, SF2 said:

You seem to be under the impression that the Brown family's goal is to win playoff games and make a championship run.  That is so cute!!   Keeping the gravy train running with the least amount of monetary sacrifice is why this franchise exists.   Keeping the other owners off their backs makes trips to Switzerland at the trade deadline less noticeable.   Sometimes if you take one for the team, it pays out in spades.

The Cincinnati Bengals are nothing more than the NFL's wingman.   Now talk to that ugly girl so the rest of the league can hit on the cute one!! 

The bolded part of your post - that is Mike Brown in a nutshell. 

Now, about that ugly girl, are you referring to Pumpkin? LOL

53 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Guy has been lobbying to any team who might listen. He's been out of football for almost 3 seasons...and was regressing for the final two he did play. He will sign with anyone...anyone. 

All of the antics and PR stuff aside, why would the Bengals go this route with a dormant regressing player--when their second all-time leading passer has been sent to the dustbin? What is there really to gain--other than novelty?   

Purely as means of deflection.  Bring some attention to the club where NONE currently exists.  Novelty is a great description

From an actual football standpoint, Kaepernick is (probably still) far more mobile than Finely or Andy which seems to be the latest craze with Jackson and Murray.  I would say Russell Wilson falls into this category as well  but he uses it more to keep plays alive than gain big chunks of yards.   Guy has won 4 playoff games which is 1 less than the Bengals franchise.  His passing accuracy was an issue but he had utter dogshit at receiver the last 2 years he was at SF.  Contrary to popular belief, while he did lose his job to Blaine Gabbart, his QB rating of 90.7 was far better than Gabbarts 68.4. 

I think in his prime he would be a better QB than Dalton or Finley to run the LA Rams' offense but I think that one trick pony has been figured out.  He can be a passable RPO QB on a good team but I don't see the guy having any success here.  Until the line is fixed, I don't see anyone having success here. 

The last post reminds me of a comedy scene about the movie industry where an agent is pitching his actor client. Says the client is a big star, globally known. Had some family troubles and took time away. The producer figures it out and says "You're pitching me OJ Simpson, aren't you?"

"From a Bengals perspective, paying attention to the happenings there makes some sense with Andy Dalton clearly on his way out the door, leaving — for now — only Ryan Finley as the future of the position."

Yeah, like it was his decision. Asshats

Taylor will be grasping at major straws, should this charade go through. He's already flailing at the Finley gambit. Sorry Bob. :) 

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

Most God awful idea I have ever heard. 

We would have to drop one of our rookie qbs. No way. I'll take both of them over Kap any day.

We are 0-9 and suck!  This would be awesome.  They would have all kinds of press showing up for our games.  We might get Erin Andrews or gasp Sam Ponder might show up!

20 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

you do realize his name isn't Andy Dalton.....right?

Yes. I'll take Dalton over Kap.  

Watching Kap finish out the season sounds about as entertaining as watching the golden girls. 

I'd rather see the two rookies or continue with Dalton. 

Archived