3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yes. I'll take Dalton over Kap.  

Watching Kap finish out the season sounds about as entertaining as watching the golden girls. 

I'd rather see the two rookies or continue with Dalton. 

well good.... at least you aren't totally insane 

How about the NFL Powers That Be (and we know who that is) made a call to the owners and said...

"We're going to put this putz on display.  Give him a workout or something and you all show up

or something and go through the motions of evaluating him.  Sort of a "courtesy interview".

No one has to sign him, but he can't say he wasn't given his fair shot.  And he can go back

to selling Southeast Asian child slave labor gym shoes and being the spokesperson for the

Pansexual Mafia. Then maybe he will go away."

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

How about the NFL Powers That Be (and we know who that is) made a call to the owners and said...

"We're going to put this putz on display.  Give him a workout or something and you all show up

or something and go through the motions of evaluating him.  Sort of a "courtesy interview".

No one has to sign him, but he can't say he wasn't given his fair shot.  And he can go back

to selling Southeast Asian child slave labor gym shoes and being the spokesperson for the

Pansexual Mafia. Then maybe he will go away."

Yeah but some jouno type will proclaim Kap looked great and should be on a team. And Rich Eisen and company will continue to call out the league. Whole thing is ludicrous.  Saturday during college football season is when your scouts should be scouting college players. Why wouldn’t they hold this thing on a Tuesday?

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Yeah but some jouno type will proclaim Kap looked great and should be on a team. And Rich Eisen and company will continue to call out the league. Whole thing is ludicrous.  Saturday during college football season is when your scouts should be scouting college players. Why wouldn’t they hold this thing on a Tuesday?

exactly... our scout can't be two places at the same time.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Saturday during college football season is when your scouts should be scouting college players. 

:grin-min:

The Bengals have Paul Brown III as VP of Personnel, in charge of Duke Tobin, in charge of his Dad, in charge of the Head of College Scouting, in charge of the two actual scouts they employ. 

This is typical of businesses built around nepotism; top-heavy organization & nobody really accountable to anyone. From seeing this firsthand elsewhere I would guess that the 2 (two) actual scouts spend most of their time making sure their many bosses feel important.  The whole organization is a big circlejerk 

The Bengals signing Kap would be under the "any publicity is good publicity" banner.  Let's face it, the Bengals are awful and most likely won't win a game this season.  Kap isn't going to change that.  Kap will put a few butts in the seats and a lot of cameras all over PBS.  Sure, some folks will hate him, and some folks will love him for his political stance.  Either way it's more money and attention for the Bengals.  If Brown wants the extra dough Kap will bring it. 

As far as all this Lamar Jackson love goes no one knew shit.  Jackson looked terrible in the traditional offense Baltimore was running with Flacco.  Many kudos to the Ravens for having the courage to challenge league norms and create an offense around a very talented player.  Those of you that said you knew Jackson would be a success are full of it.  You assumed he would be successful running a traditional offense.  No one said you draft him and then create an offense with three TEs and feature running the ball with your RBs and QB. 

22 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The Bengals signing Kap would be under the "any publicity is good publicity" banner.  Let's face it, the Bengals are awful and most likely won't win a game this season.  Kap isn't going to change that.  Kap will put a few butts in the seats and a lot of cameras all over PBS.  Sure, some folks will hate him, and some folks will love him for his political stance.  Either way it's more money and attention for the Bengals.  If Brown wants the extra dough Kap will bring it. 

As far as all this Lamar Jackson love goes no one knew shit.  Jackson looked terrible in the traditional offense Baltimore was running with Flacco.  Many kudos to the Ravens for having the courage to challenge league norms and create an offense around a very talented player.  Those of you that said you knew Jackson would be a success are full of it.  You assumed he would be successful running a traditional offense.  No one said you draft him and then create an offense with three TEs and feature running the ball with your RBs and QB. 

Pretty sure I posted on here more than once saying that the more the rules change to protect QB's, the more viable this type of offense would become. 

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Where are you getting that idea?

That he will want starter money? It's how I feel. He has always wanted starter money, but he isn't starter material, especially after setting out for 3 years. He would rather be an activist, so he should just do that.

Kap will put more people in the seats?  

1. Are we talking like his girlfriend the terrorist and a few guys from the local Ohio valley Black Panther club?   So like 10 people?

2. Who's buying tix from the box office when scalpers on the street got um for $10 all day?

3.  He probably will be a Bengal. It's only fitting for the clown show. 

4. People Gon show up to hear about how they are privileged and evil because of their skin color? By a privileged snob nose football player who doesn't know them. Who can throw a fit and receive a tryout in front of every team in return???  But I'm supposed believe he the one with such a rough life? 

1 hour ago, crazycat said:

That he will want starter money? It's how I feel. He has always wanted starter money, but he isn't starter material, especially after setting out for 3 years. He would rather be an activist, so he should just do that.

He's stated that he would be open to a backup position, you should stop making up things to fit your preconceived beliefs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernicks-agent-has-reportedly-reached-out-to-three-teams-qb-apparently-willing-to-be-a-backup/

I loved that one article stating, MFB probably would not send a scout, but would review the Free Tape.  lol I added a couple of words, but this is what I got out of it.  Typical MFB to save a few bucks!  I wonder if Kaep will show his new kneeling technique at his workout while wearing his Police Pigs socks as his girlfriend yells, you all are racists on the sidelines? 

Just read an article stating that the Bengals are now slightly in the lead as the odds-on favorite among 5 teams that "could/would" sign Kap.  WTF?!?!?  Seriously??!?

I thought we were just joking around here?  Oh wait, that's all we can do anymore, right?  After awhile all you can do is laugh since you've exhausted all the other emotions.

13 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Just read an article stating that the Bengals are now slightly in the lead as the odds-on favorite among 5 teams that "could/would" sign Kap.  WTF?!?!?  Seriously??!?

I thought we were just joking around here?  Oh wait, that's all we can do anymore, right?  After awhile all you can do is laugh since you've exhausted all the other emotions.

I think this is why

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000310118/article/mike-brown-wanted-colin-kaepernick-over-andy-dalton

Archived