46 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The thing that bugs me is that he is extorting the league to bend over backwards to get him a job. There are plenty of good QBs out of work. What about them? 

Lol... He's not extorting anyone, this whole workout was the NFL's idea. 

What QB that has lead a team to the Super Bowl, won a conference championship, and is looking for a job? Name one good QB that needs an opportunity to work out with Colin's resume?

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

The thing that bugs me is that he is extorting the league to bend over backwards to get him a job. There are plenty of good QBs out of work. What about them? 

What I have heard is Jay-Z is the one that pushed the league to do this.   Kaepernick already won the collusion case so how can he be extorting them?

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

What I have heard is Jay-Z is the one that pushed the league to do this.   Kaepernick already won the collusion case so how can he be extorting them?

I know he's got some clout but that sounds like a stretch. Did he buy a team I don't know about?

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I know he's got some clout but that sounds like a stretch. Did he buy a team I don't know about?

Jay-Z is in partnership with the NFL and his ROC Nation company provides entertainment for marquee games. Some of the players were accusing him of selling out so this is his way to prove them wrong. Yes, he has clout in the form of millions of social media followers and friends with even more. 

18 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I mean what is your question?  You expect him to attract 4H members to the games or something?

I think you know, but just in case....

Everyone isn't an older white person who hates Kap.  Do you think Nike didn't do their homework before signing the guy?  These companies don't take a shit without checking the metrics and demographics about what they do.  They know that Kap appeals to the people that are most likely to buy their shoes and clothes.  Young people.  Including young people of color.  I'm not sure if the NFL buys this kind of data, but they should.  The NBA is thriving financially in part due to how they handle social issues.  (The China thing was certainly a slip up.)  The NFL has been busy harvesting the cash cow for a couple decades now.  If they want to keep their spot at the top of the sports hierarchy they had better start paying attention to young people and their interests.  Getting Kaepernick back in the fold would be a smart move and a step in that direction.

12 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He was benched for Blaine Gabbert but after 5 games he was made the starter again and put up good numbers. He threw for 16 TD's to 4 ints, but the team was awful.

If you go look at his stats it makes you wonder why in the hell he was benched.  Dude had a 90.4 QB rating on a 2-14 team.  Chip Kelly is one of the worst NFL coaches of all time.  In retrospect it's crazy he was benched unless it was for political reasons.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

“We haven’t had any discussions about anything,” Kelly said. “It was just my decision to make a move to see if we could get a spark and see where we were."

They had lost 10 games in a row. A clueless coach trying to save his ass. Sound familiar? 

We are 0-9, it will sound more familiar Sunday night lol

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If you go look at his stats it makes you wonder why in the hell he was benched.  Dude had a 90.4 QB rating on a 2-14 team.  Chip Kelly is one of the worst NFL coaches of all time.  In retrospect it's crazy he was benched unless it was for political reasons.

Kaepernick didn't take a knee until he was benched.  Chip Kelly benched him because he was an arrogant fool who thought his infallible Oregon system was only missing a better QB to work in the NFL.  He didn't realize having the fastest wide receivers and running back in the weak Pac 10 might not be a good indicator of how well his offense would translate into the NFL where everyone is fast.   Its the  old JeMarcus Russell mindset.  Guy must be good because they win.  Nah, he was throwing to wide open track star receivers on every play.

It was like my Springboro Panthers playing Colerain a few years ago in the tournament.  After a couple of plays you are like, "Shit, we ain't nearly fast enough to win this game."  And we didn't.

His UCLA team is kicking ass in the Pac 10 this year.  /sarcasm off

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

“We haven’t had any discussions about anything,” Kelly said. “It was just my decision to make a move to see if we could get a spark and see where we were."

They had lost 10 games in a row. A clueless coach trying to save his ass. Sound familiar? 

Your top receivers are Jeremy Curly and Quinton Patton.  Your third best receiver is a blocking tight end.   Kelly was a terrible pro coach.

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I think you know, but just in case....

Everyone isn't an older white person who hates Kap.  Do you think Nike didn't do their homework before signing the guy?  These companies don't take a shit without checking the metrics and demographics about what they do.  They know that Kap appeals to the people that are most likely to buy their shoes and clothes.  Young people.  Including young people of color.  I'm not sure if the NFL buys this kind of data, but they should.  The NBA is thriving financially in part due to how they handle social issues.  (The China thing was certainly a slip up.)  The NFL has been busy harvesting the cash cow for a couple decades now.  If they want to keep their spot at the top of the sports hierarchy they had better start paying attention to young people and their interests.  Getting Kaepernick back in the fold would be a smart move and a step in that direction.

I mean damn yo I ain't that old. 

I lost two of my friends because all sudden they want start calling me white privileged. Me the only child and product of a broken hearted single mother. My whole life my mother never got over my father's death. Shit was rough as a kid.  The only reason my buddies claimed that white privilege shit on me is because they heard Kap talking that bullshit. If it weren't for Kap that shit would've never came out their mouths. 

I don't hate Kap but I don't want to watch him play QB for the dam Bengals either. We done seen him play. Give me some fresh meat, someone exciting, someone we can watch get better every week. 

Bengals should signed him years ago.  He has been better than Dalton from day 1.  Of course, given the racism and stupidity of the average Bengal fan, it was never going to happen.  Bengal fans rather have a player who stands for the national anthem, even if he sits on his ass everytime there is a pass rush (like Dalton)

On 11/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, BENGALS666 said:

Remind me again? Didn't Kap get pushed out of the starting job his last season in SF?

Just like Alex Smith was pushed out of a job.

And Bortles

And Tannehill

And Weeden

And Teblows

And somehow these scrubs found another job.  Gee, wonder why Kaep didn't?

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Was Mikey not one of the owners that stood against the anthem protests? I thought that safety came here and Mikey would not consider signing him unless he agreed to not protest?

Yeah, Eric Reid filed a grievance against the Bengals because Mikey Boy asked him if he planned to kneel during the National Anthem. 

Archived