What an ass clown.  I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Steven A Smith has hit the nail on the head here.  He doesn’t want to play. He wants to be a martyr.  The fact that 8 teams actually shlubbed it over to that high school shows there is interest. 

3 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Well he didn't even show up. 

After all this. 

Why would a team sign you if you gonna act like this?

They giving you a shot but you got demands??  

How many demands he gonna have if he actually gets on a roster?

What a waste of everyone's time. 

What are you talking about?  He threw for about 45 minutes in front of 8 teams.  Arm was still described as elite. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

What are you talking about?  He threw for about 45 minutes in front of 8 teams.  Arm was still described as elite. 

He didn't want the NFL to be able to say he sucked without showing any footage, and he didn't want to sign an injury waiver if they were going to control every aspect of the workout.  Seems entirely reasonable to me.

Shit's funny, suddenly Goodell is Mr. Trustworthy if he's dealing with someone we don't like.  :D

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

FWIW: I have seen this language used in many of our organization's member agreements with specific parties. The "direct/indirect" language is used as a buttress mainly against claims by other parties who may want to join a suit later as an "I'm with them" argument. This language is not as odious as it sounds in the article interpretation--as a direct party cannot waive the rights of an indirect party. It can also be removed easily, with little exposure for the NFL. And with our without it, demonizing the clause with the "collusion" boogeyman, is a real stretch--which I doubt would even hold up against the 8 who watched, should none of them sign him.

In any event, it's a big whatever, as he got to show off for those 8 teams. 

I am sure the whole thing was a move by the NFL to get some positive spin but as usual they (meaning Roger Dodger) fucked that up.

On the other hand Kap has been out of the league for almost 3 years.  Is there any reason he had to have permission from the NFL?  Why couldn't he just say I am going to be at a certain place at a certain time and I am going to do these things.  If your interested show up.   How does the NFL control that?

17 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

But what was he waiting on to begin with?  Why didn't he do it 6 months ago, 2018 or 2017?  I am not condemning Kap.  I just wonder why he agreed to a screwed proposal to begin with if he could control the entire process from the beginning?

Both sides are playing the publicity game, trying to control the narative.  I don't think the NFL was overly harsh in the conditions.  The waiver shit was a red herring.  They knew about the waiver all week.  The video stuff was BS as well.  The NFL offered him the raw footage.  I know Goodell and the boys are hard core, but I don't think they would screw him on that.  Kap is more interested in interacting with fans and developing goodwill than actually getting back on a NFL roster.

8 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Sign CK, draft Andrew Thomas, move he or Williams to RT, land a 3rd OT and an interior OL between  FA & the rest of the draft...and there's still no reason to give a shit.

It would be entertaining. Defense would still suck. 

Archived