Trade Mixon?

Obviously the team is either unable or unwilling to use the guy.  As the AFC's leading rusher from last year he should get us a 2nd round pick at the least, probably another conditional pick to go with it.  Taylor can then draft players more suited for his offensive scheme...   if he has one?

Just now, sparky151 said:

Uh, you do know the NFL trade deadline has passed for 2019?  Mixon could be traded in the offseason bur RBs don't have much trade value due to short careers. Most teams would rather use a 2nd rounder on a rookie RB than a 3 year vet.

Yeah it would be the offseason, obviously.  Our offseason started about 3 weeks ago though, we're just waiting for the other teams to catch up. :D

I think Mixon's shown his value and he obviously has plenty of tread left on the tires, considering how few carries he's had here.

5 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

There’s no player I’d say no to trading for the right return but, Mixon would be one of my keepers unless an unbelievable deal came along. The guy can do it all.  

We have the 30th ranked rushing offense.  He isnt doing shit. Easily replaceable but no reason to for another year. 

41 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Why do so many people have the notion you can trade your way to a better roster? So we trade AJ Green, and Joe Mixon, two of our best offensive players...what are you hoping to get in return? Draft picks? So we can draft the RB and WR we no longer have?

AJ Green has 1 catch in 1 year and isn’t under contract next year. Mixon had a good season last year but RBs are a dime a dozen.  He is 22nd in rushing this year. Jeremy Hill v2.0.

As Bengals fans we have so little success that we become too attached to our better players instead of realizing their actual current importance.   Eifert is a good example. A very average TE now. 

2 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Why do so many people have the notion you can trade your way to a better roster? So we trade AJ Green, and Joe Mixon, two of our best offensive players...what are you hoping to get in return? Draft picks? So we can draft the RB and WR we no longer have?

We could just as easily not utilize a 5th round comp pick RB.

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

AJ Green has 1 catch in 1 year and isn’t under contract next year. Mixon had a good season last year but RBs are a dime a dozen.  He is 22nd in rushing this year. Jeremy Hill v2.0.

But the GMs on the other side of the trade table aren't aware of this, so we're going to get more value than they're worth, making the Bengals a better team....is that it?

8 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

But the GMs on the other side of the trade table aren't aware of this, so we're going to get more value than they're worth, making the Bengals a better team....is that it?

As far as AJ goes, he'd be more valuable to almost every other franchise.  We've had some good games from our various other WR's and are still winless.  I think he'll be working out before the draft rolls around & there will be teams who see him as the final piece.  Didn't we already reject an offer from the Saints? 

Not that it matters.  I thnk we tag him if he won't sign whatever borderline-insulting deal is on the table.  

I'll go add "AJ Green camp holdout" to the list

Archived