Lamar Jackson continues to kick ass...

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Dr 20-20...paging Dr 20-20...

I think a lot of teams are paging that Dr.

Truth be told, the Ravens went all in with Jackson even keeping RGIII as backup since he has run a similar offense before at Washington. 

I like making fun of Harbaugh but he is a good coach.  I doubt Jackson succeeds in Cincy. 

17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

One has to wonder the difference between the half-year ago and now also. He was utter crap the last half of last season, and Coach H looked like an idiot. Now, both are geniuses. Is it just experience, different scheme, combo, lightning in a bottle? 

Jackson is the NFL’s version of Michael Owen. Owen was a young sensation at Striker in English soccer combining good skill with blinding speed. Scored a tremendous amount of goals quickly. 

Jackson’s blazing speed lets him do things most other QBs can’t. Of course as soon as Owen sustained a few injuries and slowed down a bit he became very average at best.  I think Jackson will endure the same fate but for now it’s pretty fun to watch. 

44 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Jackson’s blazing speed lets him do things most other QBs can’t. Of course as soon as Owen sustained a few injuries and slowed down a bit he became very average at best.  I think Jackson will endure the same fate but for now it’s pretty fun to watch. 

That's the thing - I never thought Jackson would last this long, or be this dominant. Hell, I didn't think he would be very good at all. No, it can't last forever, but I haven't seen any weaknesses so far, no signs of slowing down.

22 minutes ago, Cat said:

That's the thing - I never thought Jackson would last this long, or be this dominant. Hell, I didn't think he would be very good at all. No, it can't last forever, but I haven't seen any weaknesses so far, no signs of slowing down.

Oh there won't be any signs, it will all happen in the blink of an eye just like Tua, Alex Smith or Sam Bradford. 

24 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

I love all the people that are jumping on the Jackson band wagon. Stop him from running and make him throw the ball to beat you because he’s not consistent enough throwing to do it every week. He lit the Bengals up because the receivers and tight ends were wide open. Make him have to throw into a tight window and see how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Well, he is completing 66% of his passes and has a passer rating of 103.  "Make him have to thrown into a tight window and see how he does"?   Really?  That is brilliant!!  I can't believe the defensive coordinators out there have not thought about this strategy. 

24 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

I love all the people that are jumping on the Jackson band wagon. Stop him from running and make him throw the ball to beat you because he’s not consistent enough throwing to do it every week. He lit the Bengals up because the receivers and tight ends were wide open. Make him have to throw into a tight window and see how he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

It will be interesting to see what NFL defenses do to adjust to Jackson.  It will require some personnel changes.  More LBs and fewer DBs, which is not how most rosters are built.  The three TE thing is as important to the Raven's offense's success as Jackson.  It allows Jackson to play an option type game.  Next season will be the real test.  As far as Jackson getting hurt I've not noticed him taking  big hits ala Cam Newton or other QBs.  Seems to have a sixth sense about him to avoid hits. 

Let's face it, the Bengals could have had Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and/or Deshaun Watson but opted for John Ross and Billy Price. The reality is that there's nothing to say they would have succeeded here.

As it pertains directly to Lamar Jackson, credit where it's due. Greg Roman and John Harbaugh have put together a scheme that suits his skills and have built the offensive unit (players and system) to maximize his talents. There's no way that happens here. No way. 

1 minute ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Let's face it, the Bengals could have had Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes and/or Deshaun Watson but opted for John Ross and Billy Price. The reality is that there's nothing to say they would have succeeded here.

As it pertains directly to Lamar Jackson, credit where it's due. Greg Roman and John Harbaugh have put together a scheme that suits his skills and have built the offensive unit (players and system) to maximize his talents. There's no way that happens here. No way. 

No way that happens most anywhere.  They went against every piece of data and the prevailing offensive ideas of the time.  It's a combination of brilliant and ballsy.  I'm honestly rooting for them to win the Super Bowl. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Jackson is the NFL’s version of Michael Owen. Owen was a young sensation at Striker in English soccer combining good skill with blinding speed. Scored a tremendous amount of goals quickly. 

Michael was amazing...a 12-year old signee for academy football--basically unheard of at the time. Three straight Golden Boots once he achieved senior team status. He was so well thought of, Liverpool designed an entire league season to place people around his skills. Injuries got the better of him after his Real and Man U stints. Still only 39, I often wonder if he could pull off a comeback in the MLS, but he's making good money doing other things, so why bother. 

And, even though the NFL is guarding QB's obsessively, there will likely be enough good hits on running Lamar to eventually grind him down.    

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I hope Lamar Jackson bucks the trend... But he's playing in front of the last great "Athletic QB", and the history of the NFL is littered with Mike Vicks, Randall Cunninghams....

It was just a few years ago when RG3 was an OMG talent. Now he's a collection of knee injuries.

I agree, but none played in a system like the Ravens.  I also haven't noticed Jackson getting hit like RGIII did. 

Every running QB has either had to develop into a solid passer or died off. I have not seen any Ravens games so cannot comment on Jackson as a passer but if he continues to develop his pocket passer skills he may do the steady evolution and then use his running strategically. Will he be RGIII or Russell Wilson? No one knows. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I agree, but none played in a system like the Ravens.  I also haven't noticed Jackson getting hit like RGIII did. 

He had one run yesterday that was simply ridiculous but at the end he allow a defender to hit him pretty good.  It just takes one freak tackle and he becomes another guy. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Michael was amazing...a 12-year old signee for academy football--basically unheard of at the time. Three straight Golden Boots once he achieved senior team status. He was so well thought of, Liverpool designed an entire league season to place people around his skills. Injuries got the better of him after his Real and Man U stints. Still only 39, I often wonder if he could pull off a comeback in the MLS, but he's making good money doing other things, so why bother. 

And, even though the NFL is guarding QB's obsessively, there will likely be enough good hits on running Lamar to eventually grind him down.    

Owen had already torn his hamstring and ACL I think twice before he went to United. He was a shell of his former self. He and Solskjaer were extraordinary players who couldn’t stay healthy. I fear Jackson is on the same path. 

Was a beauty no doubt. He was also named best young player in that tournament.

Don't agree as to the "highlight" part: he had 23 goals and a Golden Boot in '97...the same number and award in '98. He "fell off" in '99 with 12. 

He will never be Steve Garrard to this Liverpool supporter, but he was a lot of fun to watch in his prime. 

Anyhoo, guess we better get back to watching Lamar escape destruction.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Was a beauty no doubt. He was also named best young player in that tournament.

Don't agree as to the "highlight" part: he had 23 goals and a Golden Boot in '97...the same number and award in '98. He "fell off" in '99 with 12. 

He will never be Steve Garrard to this Liverpool supporter, but he was a lot of fun to watch in his prime. 

Anyhoo, guess we better get back to watching Lamar escape destruction.

Well,  Owen never gunned in a 34 yard stoppage time goal in the FA cup final against West Ham to save the day nor was he all over the field that amazing day in Istanbul.  You become a legend when the world is watching and the stakes are the highest. 

Beckham’s direct kick goal against Greece to make it to the World Cup comes to mind. Venateri’s Super Bowl field goals are another example.  Abby Wambach’s 122 minute goal against Brazil in the World Cup was the stuff of legend. 

Lamar’s one run in the last game was pretty breathtaking. 

On 11/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, BengalFanInTO said:

Bingo.  It's been obvious for years that Dalton sucks - despite what stupid Bengal fans think.  John Ross?  Really?  Price is Wrong Bitch?  A center in first round? 

On 11/18/2019 at 10:35 AM, LostInDaJungle said:

I hope Lamar Jackson bucks the trend... But he's playing in front of the last great "Athletic QB", and the history of the NFL is littered with Mike Vicks, Randall Cunninghams....

It was just a few years ago when RG3 was an OMG talent. Now he's a collection of knee injuries.

Vick and Cunningham won playoff games.  Let me know when the worthless Dullton does the same. 

Archived