Lamar Jackson continues to kick ass...

18 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Bingo.  It's been obvious for years that Dalton sucks - despite what stupid Bengal fans think.  John Ross?  Really?  Price is Wrong Bitch?  A center in first round? 

I sort of agree that the team has waited much too long to look for Dalton's replacement. If Price were a pro bowler, we wouldn't complain about passing on Jackson. 

On 11/18/2019 at 6:58 AM, SF2 said:

Jackson is the NFL’s version of Michael Owen. Owen was a young sensation at Striker in English soccer combining good skill with blinding speed. Scored a tremendous amount of goals quickly. 

Jackson’s blazing speed lets him do things most other QBs can’t. Of course as soon as Owen sustained a few injuries and slowed down a bit he became very average at best.  I think Jackson will endure the same fate but for now it’s pretty fun to watch. 

Id take that risk as a team....

As long as he was relatively injury free in college id risk that chance...

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I sort of agree that the team has waited much too long to look for Dalton's replacement. If Price were a pro bowler, we wouldn't complain about passing on Jackson. 

If Price were an average starter we wouldn’t be complaining.  Unfortunately he is a bust. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If Price were an average starter we wouldn’t be complaining.  Unfortunately he is a bust. 

So far he's a bust. I'd like to see him play with competent coaching. Under Turner, everyone on our O-line looks like they don't know what they are doing. With a good coach, we might find some are competent. 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:49 PM, sparky151 said:

So far he's a bust. I'd like to see him play with competent coaching. Under Turner, everyone on our O-line looks like they don't know what they are doing. With a good coach, we might find some are competent. 

This may be true but the cold hard fact is the guy was the #21 pick in 2018 and is currently a backup on the worst offensive line in the NFL.  Even if he become average it was a bad pick.   First round picks need to be your better players on the team.  Sure it doesn't work out all the time and at least Price is currently available to play unlike our other recent first rounders. 

33 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, the annoying thing about Price is he lost out for the starting center job to Hopkins who was already on the team. Completely wasted pick in the first round.

Didn't we discover in training camp that Price had almost never made a shotgun snap?  No idea how our one (1) college scout keeps missing this stuff, you'd think one of his 5 supervisors could train him better.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Didn't we discover in training camp that Price had almost never made a shotgun snap?  No idea how our one (1) college scout keeps missing this stuff, you'd think one of his 5 supervisors could train him better.

Kind of like not finding out your first round OLT had a hinkey shoulder and wore a strap brace in college against much less formidable competition until early in training camp.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Kind of like not finding out your first round OLT had a hinkey shoulder and wore a strap brace in college against much less formidable competition until early in training camp.

Or that your first round WR doesn't know a route tree from a ponderosa pine.   Or that your other first round OLT's best attribute is his deft handling of ketchup bottles.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

These are all examples of just plain unlucky breaks. Having too many scouts is just too hard to manage

Right. Plus, how can all those people possibly help? Too many different opinions. Way easier to have just a couple of guys.

9 hours ago, High School Harry said:

It’s an easy mistake to make.  They probably thought he was wearing the Captain’s armband.  Isn’t that right Le Tigre?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 7:44 AM, Cat said:

That's the thing - I never thought Jackson would last this long, or be this dominant. Hell, I didn't think he would be very good at all. No, it can't last forever, but I haven't seen any weaknesses so far, no signs of slowing down.

Man y'all never watch any UofL games up there in Ohio??  Dude was a beast. I begged the dumbass Bengals to take him and at least trade him out of the division or conference if they didn't want to develop him.  Now look he's in our division. As long as he's healthy we are not winning a division championship.  

Look at his high schools helmets. Makes me sick. 

maxresdefault.jpg

On 11/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, T-Dub said:

There can't be any way this is true. OSU has been in the spread since Urban took over. Howeva, he does suck and they absolutley boned that pick, like many others. They needed to overhaul Duke with Marvin and Co. Problem is, Mike won't give that title to anyone and Duke is beta enough to just accept it.

We would have ruined Lamar anyways.

32 minutes ago, JC said:

There can't be any way this is true. OSU has been in the spread since Urban took over. Howeva, he does suck

Does he really though?  He looked like about what I'd expect from a rookie center last year, shaky but far from disastrous.  Highly rated prospect entering the draft..  Could it actually be that our current OL coach is a screaming red-assed degenerate shitbag that only has an NFL job because Taylor was out of options and Redeemer saw another chance to nail himself to the cross for someone that'd work cheap?

No, surely it is our entire OL roster that is to blame.  :whistle:

Archived