Lamar Jackson continues to kick ass...

1 hour ago, JC said:

Obviously tough to judge him last year with the injury, but he wasn't that impressive either. Nor was the rest of the line and that was under a pretty respected offensive lineman coach. 

Are we talking about Billy Price?  I was glad when they took him and still a big supporter.  I don't think he has been 100% healthy since his first preseason with the torn muscle.

Now back problems, bad news for an offensive lineman.  I'm surprised he has not been placed on IR with so little time in the season to get someone else up for a look-see.

I really want to see him healthy and kicking ass at guard or center.

Googled Frank Ragnow who was his main competition in the draft.  Detroit traded up to keep us from getting him.

Solid player but has his problems.  Out with concussions and concussion protocol.  Article about him

needing to gain weight to match up with bit D linemen.

But as far as Lamar Jackoff.

Read an article yesterday (sorry, can't find the source) about the Ratbirds

complaining that teams are targeting his legs.  My two reactions to that are

"No shit, Ray Lewis" and when he takes off and runs, he's fair game and you hit

him anywhere you can to put his ass on the ground.

Carry on and Pittsburgh sucks.

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

But as far as Lamar Jackoff.

Read an article yesterday (sorry, can't find the source) about the Ratbirds

complaining that teams are targeting his legs.  My two reactions to that are

"No shit, Ray Lewis" and when he takes off and runs, he's fair game and you hit

him anywhere you can to put his ass on the ground.

Carry on and Pittsburgh sucks.

"Stop tackling him so mean!"   Last time I checked, the legs are the thingies that make you go forward.

11 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Man y'all never watch any UofL games up there in Ohio??  Dude was a beast. I begged the dumbass Bengals to take him and at least trade him out of the division or conference if they didn't want to develop him.  Now look he's in our division. As long as he's healthy we are not winning a division championship.  

Look at his high schools helmets. Makes me sick. 

I wouldn't know - I live in Texas. :lol:

Manziel was a beast at A&M as well. Of course he had the dumbass factor, but typically running QB's don't have a long shelf life as it is. Clearly we missed out, but he be actually dead by now if he was playing here.

23 minutes ago, Cat said:

Manziel was a beast at A&M as well. Of course he had the dumbass factor, but typically running QB's don't have a long shelf life as it is. Clearly we missed out, but he be actually dead by now if he was playing here.

this

3 hours ago, Cat said:

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

this

Yep.

It's also been stated on here a couple times that there's no way the Bengals would have run an offensive system/scheme that would have allowed Lamar to succeed.  It took the Ravens some time to finally have the guts to use Lamar correctly.  The Bengals would have never been that progressive.

It's all water under the bridge now anyway.  If you want to make yourself crazy, you can second guess and cherry pick draft selections all the way back to the first draft.  Not just limited to the draft, or the NFL, or even to just sports either.  Sadly crystal balls and time travel only work in movies.

7 hours ago, Cat said:

Which is why I watch Burrow reading the newspaper and having some toast in the pocket & wonder why anyone thinks he's going to succeed here.

58 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Which is why I watch Burrow reading the newspaper and having some toast in the pocket & wonder why anyone thinks he's going to succeed here.

He won't. It will be another wasted 1st round pick.  

Hurts is the only one that might be able to help us compete with Baltimore.  

14 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

He won't. It will be another wasted 1st round pick.  

Hurts is the only one that might be able to help us compete with Baltimore.  

Nah we just need any decent LB that can both run & tackle at the same time.   The only difference between Jackson & every other scrambling QB are the rules meant to keep Marsha playing until he's 50.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Nah we just need any decent LB that can both run & tackle at the same time.   The only difference between Jackson & every other scrambling QB are the rules meant to keep Marsha playing until he's 50.

If we draft him he will be the third coming of David Klinger/Akili Smith. 

It's going to take a QB with elite skills to be able to come in here overcome all the bullshit and maybe have a chance at success. Burrow is not that dude. All the bullshit from the worst managed team in pro sports to the worst head coach in the NFL. The worst offensive play caller in the league to the worst offensive line and line coach in the league. It's going to take someone who can ball the fuck out. Not slow ass  weak ass Joe Burrow. 

12 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Jackson had the benefit of having the #1 defense his rookie year which allowed the Ravens to take it slower with his development.  We had the 32nd ranked defense last year and our O coordinator sucked. 

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If we had drafted Jackson, ML would have tried to turn him into a pure pocket passer even though he would have been killed with our shitty OL.

Speaking of OL, is Glenn have 1 year left on his deal or is he a FA after this year?

UFA in 2021. 

Fuck Lamar Jackson.

Fuck the horse he road in on.

Fuck Lamar Jackson's mother

and fuck the horse she road in on, too.

And while I'm at it, fuck the Louisville Cardinals

and why is a thread about Other People's Players

on this board?

BTW... still not in the peachiest of moods after yesterday's Andy and the clown corps(e) receivers

shit show played in Foxboro South Stadium filled with all the splinter ass bandwagon jumpers (lots of

kids) out to see Marsha Brady for what will probably be his last guests appearance in Cincinnati.

Unless he joins the road company of "Cats" and it plays the Aronof.

Fuck Marsha Brady and C.W. DeBellicheck, too.

And Have a Nice Day.

16 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Fuck Lamar Jackson.

Fuck the horse he road in on.

Fuck Lamar Jackson's mother

and fuck the horse she road in on, too.

And while I'm at it, fuck the Louisville Cardinals

and why is a thread about Other People's Players

on this board?

BTW... still not in the peachiest of moods after yesterday's Andy and the clown corps(e) receivers

shit show played in Foxboro South Stadium filled with all the splinter ass bandwagon jumpers (lots of

kids) out to see Marsha Brady for what will probably be his last guests appearance in Cincinnati.

Unless he joins the road company of "Cats" and it plays the Aronof.

Fuck Marsha Brady and C.W. DeBellicheck, too.

And Have a Nice Day.

Welll, the kids have parents that have never seen the Bengals win a playoff game.  None of my adult children were alive when the Bengals last did so. Figure someone needs to be around 40 or to have a good memory of the Super Bowl season.  

Mike Brown has wiped out 2 generations of fans.  I witnessed 2 Super Bowls as a high school kid and young adult. None of my kids like the Bengals.  My youngest child’s friends couldn’t care less about them.  I hardly ever see Bengals gear being worn by anybody in Springboro.  In 2005 it was everywhere. 

You can be mad at Lamar Jackson all you want.  He is fun to watch and the team also has an excellent defense.  Our team is as boring as watching cement set and pretty much sucks at every position other than d line. 

Archived