Lamar Jackson continues to kick ass...

Come to think of it Jackson didn't win shit at Louisville.  The Music City Bowl against A&M his freshman year.  Louisville pretty much was disappointing in spite of Jackson's personal statistics.  We'll see how he progresses in the NFL, but there is enough history to question his ability to win the big games.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

OK...so team as a whole let-downs which contribute to playoff failure, only apply to other teams...amirite? 

I have never singled out Dalton for the playoffs losses.  He crapped himself against San Diego but the defense couldn’t stop a blind running back against Houston. The Indy game meh, Burkhead was the #1 WR. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

I dunno about that.  Dude had 508 yards of offense.  First int hit his receiver in the hands.  Harbaugh call 2 QB sneaks on 4th and 1 that were so obvious that Tenn stacked 11 on the line and Jackson had nowhere to go.

He didn’t play great but the O Coordinator called a shitty game, Tenn defense made plays when it had to and Derrick Henry is a cyborg. I don’t thing cyborgs should be allowed. 

Pay no attention to the garbage time offensive stats. He had nearly 60 attempts FFS. The Flaming Thumbtacks spent 1/4 of the game killing clock in a conservative scheme. Jackson was largely inaccurate, several of his passes were flapping through the air, barely spirals, looked terrible overall.

Also, far too much praise going to Derrick Henry. The Tacks O-line is crushing it, last night Henry was routinely 5 or more yards downfield by the time he was first touched, running through huge holes. Perhaps it stands out more to us than to the announcers because we have gotten used to watching Mixon have to fight his way out of his own backfield behind our shit line, but for all the effusive praise for Henry, I still wouldn't take him in a straight-up trade for Joe.

23 minutes ago, Go Tory Go! said:

Pay no attention to the garbage time offensive stats. He had nearly 60 attempts FFS. The Flaming Thumbtacks spent 1/4 of the game killing clock in a conservative scheme. Jackson was largely inaccurate, several of his passes were flapping through the air, barely spirals, looked terrible overall.

Also, far too much praise going to Derrick Henry. The Tacks O-line is crushing it, last night Henry was routinely 5 or more yards downfield by the time he was first touched, running through huge holes. Perhaps it stands out more to us than to the announcers because we have gotten used to watching Mixon have to fight his way out of his own backfield behind our shit line, but for all the effusive praise for Henry, I still wouldn't take him in a straight-up trade for Joe.

I wonder how many NFL teams will be looking for 6'3" 240 lb running backs in the 2020 draft.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

I have never singled out Dalton for the playoffs losses.  He crapped himself against San Diego but the defense couldn’t stop a blind running back against Houston. The Indy game meh, Burkhead was the #1 WR. 

Dalton sucked for the second Houston loss.  Defense only gave up 19 and Leon Hall scored on a pick 6.  Although I do believe AJ Green could have caught a deep Dalton ball that could have put them up 20-19. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Sorry...I wasn’t singling you out. The overall fan love/hate for QB’s “winning” or “losing” in a team game, is the point. 

Sort of like: did Russell Wilson “lose” against GB? No. 

10 hours ago, Go Tory Go! said:

LOL,  Henry broke almost every high school rushing record in existence. Most of those records were set  by Ken Hall 65 years ago.  153 TDS and over 12,500 yards in 4 years. Oh, then he went to Alabama and was a consensus All-American, programs all time leading rusher, broke the NCAA single season rushing record held by Herschel Walker and won the Heisman.   High character team leader.    Mixon is good but not in Henry’s league and never has been at any level. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

“This team’s identity right now is to get to the playoffs and choke. It is what it is. That’s the hard truth.”

—Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey, after Baltimore lost for the second straight year at home to open the playoffs.

Does everyone see that?   The Ravens are years behind the Bengals...

:ninja:

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

“This team’s identity right now is to get to the playoffs and choke. It is what it is. That’s the hard truth.”

—Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey, after Baltimore lost for the second straight year at home to open the playoffs.

You have to identify a problem before you can fix it. More than Marvin Lewis’ Bengals ever did. 

Archived