Squeeler Game Day Thread

Marvin Lewis looks like a genius right now. He brought us out of the 2-14 years into respectability, and the year after he leaves, we're worse than we've ever been. Laid bare is the paucity of talent he overachieved with.

Taylor... Dude is just obviously unprepared. If he was only the offensive coordinator, he'd be fired by now. His assistants are jokes. Turner and Auonimo (I'm not learning to spell it, he'll be fired next year) are the bargain bin DVD's of coaching hacks. And since we don't pay well... We got what we paid for. They only have jobs because anyone respectable turned us down.

Look, you saw Finley throw in practice - you knew what you had. Right now the kid is regressing behind an atrocious offensive line. It's all downhill from here. Kid is going to be shell-shocked by week 16. By 2032 he'll be in a wheelchair at the bus station calling you a faggot for not giving him a dollar and talking about that time in Kai-San when he took 8 sacks on just 12 dropbacks. "Have YOU ever had Bud Dupree stick his thumb up your a-hole while he slammed you on the turf faggot???"

Benching Dalton for Finley ONLY makes sense if it's for Dalton's benefit. And with the way it was handled, it's not. This was a dumb coaching move. Tell Dalton you want to rest him and get Finley more first team reps in practice, let him start the last 2-3 games. Don't let him get shattered behind a patchwork O-Line for half a season. 

This is a straight up shit show. And the Brown family trust will probably welcome back Taylor simply for lack of better options.

This is where we are... Who plots the course forward from here? Is the best we can hope for a 2-3 year rebuild by the FO while Taylor figures out how to actually be a coach? Like seriously... What is the plan?? Oh, if only a healthy John Ross could have been out there all 16 games? That's the difference? We just have to wait for that ONE year where absolutely no one gets injured. In the NFL. Fingers crossed boys. That new 4th round linebacker is going to overcome our inherent defects as an organization and it's Super Bowl time!

This was "New Dey", remember? Marvin Lewis was finally gone, and we were going to be contenders again! Sooo... Now what? 

I am actually HOPEFUL that the Brown family fires Taylor and lures Hue Jackson back into the fold. The guy who went 1-31 with the Browns is an upgrade over Taylor.

But let's face it. This is the beginning of another lost decade. The Brown Family are morons. Clueless losers. Not even cheap or greedy - just short sighted and small minded. At least in the 90's there was SOME goodwill left over from the Paul Brown days... NO respectable football coach is going to want to work for them. And you know they're going to refuse to change. 

17 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Marvin Lewis looks like a genius right now. He brought us out of the 2-14 years into respectability, and the year after he leaves, we're worse than we've ever been. Laid bare is the paucity of talent he overachieved with.

Taylor... Dude is just obviously unprepared. If he was only the offensive coordinator, he'd be fired by now. His assistants are jokes. Turner and Auonimo (I'm not learning to spell it, he'll be fired next year) are the bargain bin DVD's of coaching hacks. And since we don't pay well... We got what we paid for. They only have jobs because anyone respectable turned us down.

Look, you saw Finley throw in practice - you knew what you had. Right now the kid is regressing behind an atrocious offensive line. It's all downhill from here. Kid is going to be shell-shocked by week 16. By 2032 he'll be in a wheelchair at the bus station calling you a faggot for not giving him a dollar and talking about that time in Kai-San when he took 8 sacks on just 12 dropbacks. "Have YOU ever had Bud Dupree stick his thumb up your a-hole while he slammed you on the turf faggot???"

Benching Dalton for Finley ONLY makes sense if it's for Dalton's benefit. And with the way it was handled, it's not. This was a dumb coaching move. Tell Dalton you want to rest him and get Finley more first team reps in practice, let him start the last 2-3 games. Don't let him get shattered behind a patchwork O-Line for half a season. 

This is a straight up shit show. And the Brown family trust will probably welcome back Taylor simply for lack of better options.

This is where we are... Who plots the course forward from here? Is the best we can hope for a 2-3 year rebuild by the FO while Taylor figures out how to actually be a coach? Like seriously... What is the plan?? Oh, if only a healthy John Ross could have been out there all 16 games? That's the difference? We just have to wait for that ONE year where absolutely no one gets injured. In the NFL. Fingers crossed boys. That new 4th round linebacker is going to overcome our inherent defects as an organization and it's Super Bowl time!

This was "New Dey", remember? Marvin Lewis was finally gone, and we were going to be contenders again! Sooo... Now what? 

I am actually HOPEFUL that the Brown family fires Taylor and lures Hue Jackson back into the fold. The guy who went 1-31 with the Browns is an upgrade over Taylor.

But let's face it. This is the beginning of another lost decade. The Brown Family are morons. Clueless losers. Not even cheap or greedy - just short sighted and small minded. At least in the 90's there was SOME goodwill left over from the Paul Brown days... NO respectable football coach is going to want to work for them. And you know they're going to refuse to change. 

you had me at hello, and lost me at this

that fucktard is worthless, unless he is OC 

17 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

That's the point. Taylor is worthless even as an OC. The meal is so bad it has me pining for McDonald's.

Taylor was the OC for UC and they were awful, they went 4-8 and scored less than 10 points in 5 games... how this guy got a HC position is beyond me.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bearcat-offense-struggled-under-taylor-in-2016-but-uc-fans-think-hes-ready-for-bengals-job

Taylor was the Bearcats’ offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in Tommy Tuberville’s final season, a 4-8 campaign in which UC ranked 123rd of 128 teams in scoring offense with just 19.3 points per game.

8 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Nope.  Only stupid Bengal fans miss him.  The fact that he cried like a 8 year old about getting bad news on his birthday tells me everything I need to know about the bum who failed miserably in the playoffs.

You're right. The worst start in franchise history beats competing for the playoffs any day! 🙄

16 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Nope.  Only stupid Bengal fans miss him.  The fact that he cried like a 8 year old about getting bad news on his birthday tells me everything I need to know about the bum who failed miserably in the playoffs.

Hey Ryan Finley’s mom, your kid sucks. 150 yards passing a game is utter shit. Jeff Driskel is better than your kid. 

Archived