Has anyone ever had a worse offseason?

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

FWIW, Rooney bought the Stealers with gambling winnings from horse races.  Not sure if I have heard of poker game winning a franchise.  Interesting.

I want to say it was one of the New York teams & there was also a wristwatch in the pot, which they pointed out was worth more than the team at that time.  

Yeah I get Google Amazon apple etc but $500 for a nfl team back then, I know apple started in dudes home but I bet he had more than $500 in it. Adjusted for inflation to the 1980s that $500 would be what about $1100?  Around the time apple was founded. 

Chic fil A was started with $10k in the early 70s. Not adjusting for inflation that's 20x more than the colts sold for. Lol.  

They're all probably pretty close as far as performance. 

Evidently we had a couple teams here in Kentucky back in the 20s that ended up selling in the $100 range. 

37 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I want to say it was one of the New York teams & there was also a wristwatch in the pot, which they pointed out was worth more than the team at that time.  

Awesome trivia question.  Would be pretty difficult to search down which one, especially if the franchise doesn't exist anymore.  Something like New York Titans (?¿) or something along those lines.  

Archived