Even “In The Know” disses us

“In The Know” is a weekly high school quiz show here in Columbus. So we’re watching it last night and the question came up, “Name the NFL team that plays in a stadium named for the team owner, Paul Brown Stadium.” After one of the students incorrectly answered, “The Cleveland Browns” and the other 7 allegedly smart students couldn’t answer it, the host says, “We’ll, they’re almost a team. The answer is the Cincinnati Bengals.” 😂😂😡

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Damn, might as well sell the naming rights at this point.  Except they'd probably license it to the Scientologists or some septic tank service.

Well, the septic tank service would be pretty fitting. 

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That show has been on since the dawn of time around here. Sort of a nerd Jeopardy. Haven't viewed it in years. Always astounded me some of the misses on obvious questions, but then re-recognizing that they are just kids.

And nerds.  As you said.

They might not know who plays in Paul Brown Stadium, they probably don't know who plays in the Ohio State Stadium, but

I bet they wear socks and sandals and are very familiar with wedgies and swirlies at school.

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That show has been on since the dawn of time around here. Sort of a nerd Jeopardy. Haven't viewed it in years. Always astounded me some of the misses on obvious questions, but then re-recognizing that they are just kids.

We watch it pretty much every week because it comes right after NBR and we usually just leave the channel on, and I’ve noticed that on tough math questions, Art, and classical music, they’re right on it, but when it comes to pop culture or sports, they are usually clueless.

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Damn, might as well sell the naming rights at this point.  Except they'd probably license it to the Scientologists or some septic tank service.

Surely Scientology and septic service aren't mutually exclusive...

Wow, alliterative too!

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Ugly:  things are so bad we are discussing a kiddie nerd quiz show on a Cincinnati Bengals football site.

But right now, a kiddie nerd 🤓 show may be more entertaining. At least it’s something different than another, “Mike Brown sucks, Andy Dalton sucks” thread, right? 😉

11 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Surely Scientology and septic service aren't mutually exclusive...

Wow, alliterative too!

They're kind of opposites, figuratively speaking.   If we could only connect to the 2 in some kind of loop we'd have infinite shit-powered free energy.

Archived