JETS GAME--BOOYAH

6 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Andy Dalton - still stupid as hell.

Fumbles the bad snap.  Instead of just falling on it...throws a duck to Bernard.  Who basically got concussed thanks to Dalton's stupidity.

So glad this is the final year for the Pea Shooter.

You're like a guy who just got a blow job and is upset she didn't brush her teeth.

Breathe. Relax. Learn to enjoy the little things.

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Fumbles the bad snap.  Instead of just falling on it...throws a duck to Bernard.  Who basically got concussed thanks to Dalton's stupidity.

You never used to talk about Scott Mitchell like this. 

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

You're just mad that it took so long to find something about Dalton to bitch about today.

:)

13 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Still saying fuck it. It'll be one less spec in the crowd.  If go please boo the hell out of them.  Only way I've ever seen change around here is massive booing. Boo them out of there.  Every play we need y'all to boo. Make MB look and feel like the failure he is.  Boo them to hell. Don't feel bad for Dalton either. Boo his red ridin bb gun ass until he leaves crying. 

Brother...ain't but two things changing this team: death or a sale and in the case of death, MAYBE. But I can't boo my team constantly.

I'm surprised there isn't a movement in Cincinnati among the politicians to divest the Brown family of the team. The NFL would be opposed to eminent domain but if the city or county quickly resold to someone acceptable to the league, it wouldn't require much public money and might turn a profit.

46 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm surprised there isn't a movement in Cincinnati among the politicians to divest the Brown family of the team. The NFL would be opposed to eminent domain but if the city or county quickly resold to someone acceptable to the league, it wouldn't require much public money and might turn a profit.

Dude, we don't live in Russia or China. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, sois said:

I love employee 96

He tied 3 sacks in the '15 loss to Denver, the pick 6 against the Colts deserves mention..  Best game yet overall though.  Think the 6 QB hits & 3 TFL are also career highs.  Statement performance. 

Joe Mixon gave a game ball to former line coach Frank Pollack after win

2 hours ago

Sunday was unorthodox in many ways for the Cincinanti Bengals.

The team won for the first time in almost a year. Andy Dalton, newly appointed as starter again, gave a game ball to new head coach Zac Taylor and vice versa.

And running back Joe Mixon sought out a New York Jets coach by the name of Frank Pollack to gift him a game ball too as a symbol of his appreciation for how the former Bengals line coach helped change his approach to the game.

Mixon gifted him the ball he scored a touchdown with during the win over the Jets.

“I thought it meant a lot to him,” Mixon said, according to Geoff Hobsonof Bengals.com. “I could see some tears in his eyes a little bit. I’ve definitely been planning that out.”

It’s no secret Mixon wasn’t a fan of the Bengals letting Pollack get awaythis past offseason. When Taylor arrived, he encouraged the move while bringing aboard Jim Turner.

If nothing else, this is a small, great note lost amid a bevy of feel-good vibes for a group of players and coaches that deserved to finally win. Count Mixon as a guy who doesn’t just up and forget those who helped him on his way to where he’s going.

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dude, we don't live in Russia or China. 

I'm not suggesting the team be seized. Fair value has to be paid per the US Constitution's 5th amendment. But if fair value is let's say $1 billion dollars, the local pols could probably find someone somewhere willing to pay that for the team and pick up the city's legal costs. Using eminent domain isn't especially hard since it's a sovereign power. The city/county decides to take the property (in this case the shares) and pays fair value. FV is subject to negotiation or a jury trial if there is no agreement. There is no legal right to reject eminent domain.

It's likely the league and Brown family will challenge whether Ohio law permits taking a sports team. That was the issue in previous attempts vs the Colts, Raiders, and SuperSonics. But it's pretty clear that Ohio law allows public ownership of sports teams. The minor league baseball teams in Toledo and Columbus are publicly owned. Lots of sports stadia are publicly owned. The Modell law makes it clear that teams can be taken. So why not get better ownership for the Bengals? Considering how much the public is subsidizing the team I doubt it would be unpopular. 

11 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm not suggesting the team be seized. Fair value has to be paid per the US Constitution's 5th amendment. But if fair value is let's say $1 billion dollars, the local pols could probably find someone somewhere willing to pay that for the team and pick up the city's legal costs. Using eminent domain isn't especially hard since it's a sovereign power. The city/county decides to take the property (in this case the shares) and pays fair value. FV is subject to negotiation or a jury trial if there is no agreement. There is no legal right to reject eminent domain.

It's likely the league and Brown family will challenge whether Ohio law permits taking a sports team. That was the issue in previous attempts vs the Colts, Raiders, and SuperSonics. But it's pretty clear that Ohio law allows public ownership of sports teams. The minor league baseball teams in Toledo and Columbus are publicly owned. Lots of sports stadia are publicly owned. The Modell law makes it clear that teams can be taken. So why not get better ownership for the Bengals? Considering how much the public is subsidizing the team I doubt it would be unpopular. 

It would never stand up in court. Seizing a sports team for public use?  What public use? It is already accessible to the public. The public can go to games or watch on other media outlets. The State would have no justification  and the NFL could simply revoke the team’s charter and tell the State of Ohio to go blow itself. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

However, the Crew are not publicly owned--not even Mapre is majority financed with public funds. I didn't read the Decision as an eminent domain ruling. As this was the closest case to involving the Modell Rule, on what would the basis for eminent domain rely? 

Going to review Westlaw on this, but would appreciate your thoughts. 

Archived