Andre Smith cut again

7 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Because this coaching staff is the laughing stock of the league. Look at how it started when all those DC turned down the Bengals and we have an OL coach that is a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

And a head coach with virtually no real NFL coaching experience and actually less than they did.

7 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Why we need so many te’s when we don’t run two te sets.

Per one of the Bengals news pages, we are two tight ends down with the immortal Cethan Carter and rookie sensation, Junior Sample, out.

Plus they pointed out Max Schreck is a good special teams player.

Close enough especially with Darius Phillips back, too.

And Phillips HAS to be better than B.M. Webb.

10 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Because this coaching staff is the laughing stock of the league. Look at how it started when all those DC turned down the Bengals and we have an OL coach that is a jerk.

Our staff is a joke? Come on, our Inbreds and the coaches are well respected by each other. They are just misunderstood by the rest of the league. 

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The Brown Family has made over $300 Million while Andre Smith has been in the league. Think about that for a minute.

that's nothing compared to what they'd get from a sale

#takethemoney

one other small problem to consider..  a buyer.

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

that's nothing compared to what they'd get from a sale

#takethemoney

one other small problem to consider..  a buyer.

As someone who has owned several small businesses... No freaking way. You have a guaranteed return on investment. The margins are incredible. Fixed labor costs...

Owning an NFL team is literally a license to print money. Mikey thinks small and sees around $30-40 Million a year return on a team whose value is only increasing. You'd have to be Dan Snyder to lose money on an NFL team and even he isn't managing that.

So, sell the Bengals for $1 Billion and do what with it? Buy an NFL team? What could you invest that money in that would give you greater returns?

And buyers would be lined up around the door. It's a no-lose prestige investment for any buyer or group of buyers. Any self-respecting multi-Billionaire needs to have his own NFL team. They'd move it out of Cincinnati.... Not exactly South Beach or Manhattan.

10 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

So, sell the Bengals for $1 Billion and do what with it? Buy an NFL team? What could you invest that money in that would give you greater returns?

Good point.   I have this sneaking suspicion that KatieTroy would rather go on permanent vacation.  You're right though; they could just as easily promote Tobin to GM ( 🤢)  and scamper off to a new NFL direct deposited Swiss chalet or Pacific islands once a year.  

What % of the team do they own?

10 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And buyers would be lined up around the door. It's a no-lose prestige investment for any buyer or group of buyers. Any self-respecting multi-Billionaire needs to have his own NFL team. They'd move it out of Cincinnati.... Not exactly South Beach or Manhattan.

Yeah if the new owner isn't someone tied to the city they're gone.  

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

None but by inheritance. Mike Brown has bought out all remaining shares in the name of Bengals Inc. over the 90's and 00's. As CEO, he owns all of it.

Oof.. I thought there were still minority owners.   It really would be up to the NFL to put any pressure on them then.  Why would they do that when the owner(s) are happy to play punching bag/scapegoat as needed?  That's worth quite a lot with the scrutiny they've been under.

Once the Tree Sloth dies there may actually be tax implications and a sale may be beneficial - full or partial. Beneficial is that the sale would raise the cash for tax (estate) payments owing. It would be no doubt very complicated. 

The bigger turning point will be in Katie's mindset - doe she actually WANT to own and run an NFL team? What if she sees the revenues hitting a plateau or even declining; it will eventually; so she may want to 'sell high'. Sell for $2B and net $1.5B after tax. We have no idea what her motivations are. 

I believe the various Brown family members have acquired all but 1 share of the team which is held by Dutch Knowlton's lawyer.  Most likely the shares are held in trust for the benefit of the Brown family. That would let it avoid estate taxes when MB dies. You may remember that the IRS challenged Paul Brown's estate planning so I'd bet MB has something bulletproof in place. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I believe the various Brown family members have acquired all but 1 share of the team which is held by Dutch Knowlton's lawyer.  Most likely the shares are held in trust for the benefit of the Brown family. That would let it avoid estate taxes when MB dies. You may remember that the IRS challenged Paul Brown's estate planning so I'd bet MB has something bulletproof in place. 

Have to assume it is a grantor trust so as soon as Mike Brown dies the assets are paid to the beneficiaries and estate taxes will need to be paid.  Trusts are usually created to control assets after one dies instead of them going thru probate. Still have to pay taxes. 

Archived