Jets vs Bengals, Good Bad and Ugly...

The G-Men have another win in those four...I might go as far to say the one might be over the rapidly fading Iggles. The Washington team may be the other good bet. 

There are a lot of three-win teams, but that was reduced by one today with the Mules winning. 

Good:

Andy was lit today.
Auden Tate was en fuego.
Cordy Glenn is finally buttoning up the backside. He had a good game today. 
OL in general showed huge improvement.
Great energy by the DE.

Bad: 

Still some missed assignments, etc... But hard to argue with results.

Ugly:

Rock bottom is just a little further away for Zac Taylor and the Brown fam. I can already hear the "Zac showed us some good things at the end of the year" press conference in my head.

11 hours ago, Spotto said:

UGLY

- empty stands

On the upside, which obviously would not affect you, the drive home was a breeze.

Even beat the cold, nasty rain back to the car.

Actually, the drive home has been a breeze for most games because the stands have been clearing

out at the end of the third quarter and continue to empty throughout the remainder of the game.

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Good:

Andy was lit today.
Auden Tate was en fuego.
Cordy Glenn is finally buttoning up the backside. He had a good game today. 
OL in general showed huge improvement.
Great energy by the DE.

Bad: 

Still some missed assignments, etc... But hard to argue with results.

Ugly:

Rock bottom is just a little further away for Zac Taylor and the Brown fam. I can already hear the "Zac showed us some good things at the end of the year" press conference in my head.

Nobody honestly believes, even if we had gone winless, that Zac Taylor would have been showed the door after one season, do they?

Head coaches do, and should, get at least a couple seasons to put things together. Petulantly coach jumping after a season or less isn’t productive.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Head coaches do, and should, get at least a couple seasons to put things together. Petulantly coach jumping after a season or less isn’t productive.

Taylor has already shown me he couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

If you want to wait and see if that changes... Umm, ok.

15 minutes ago, crazycat said:

They did fire LeBeau after only one year with the 2-14 record, so there is that.

Lebeau was the head coach for 45 games or almost 3 years.  He took over from Coslet after an 0-3 start in 2000,  The final straw for Coslet was the Bengals being obliterated by the Ravens 37-0. The team managed 94 total yards of offense to include 4 yards rushing.  Scott Mitchell and Akile Smith were awesome that day. 

Ken Anderson holding on to the Offensive Coordinator job for that long just another example of the Brown family's inability to run the team as a business with the goal being winning. 

Saw this little nugget on another website:

https://nfltraderumors.co/hue-jackson-strong-candidate-for-arizona-state-offensive-coordinator-vacancy/

I was laughing at Merv trying to get Hue a job until the part where it said "Jackson interviewed for the Bengals HC job in January" - why the F*ck would this team spend more than 3 seconds thinking about Jackson as a HC candidate? Idiots. 

34 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Saw this little nugget on another website:

https://nfltraderumors.co/hue-jackson-strong-candidate-for-arizona-state-offensive-coordinator-vacancy/

I was laughing at Merv trying to get Hue a job until the part where it said "Jackson interviewed for the Bengals HC job in January" - why the F*ck would this team spend more than 3 seconds thinking about Jackson as a HC candidate? Idiots. 

Courtesy interview.

Plus Hue was jonesing for a Precinct filet.

Can't blame him for that.  I see his point.

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Because, outside of the internet expert fan bubble, these guys are actually seen as good football coaches by their peers. As well it should be.  

Anyone, inside or outside of the NFL who thinks Hue Jackson is a good HC candidate is a complete moron. Which is why, no doubt, the Inbreds interviewed him. 

Not only is he a Head coaching disaster record wise, he would have been a marketing disaster. He should have been dismissed instantly on either front let alone the double whammy. 

13 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

I'm just glad we didn't go winless for the whole season. Chances are we'll screw up the draft regardless where we pick.

This is unfortunate, there was a few years there that I actually trusted the staff to draft good players. But alas, the few good years were the outliers not the norm. We are now back to seeing how we can either screw up the draft or lose the few good picks to injuries. 

6 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Nobody honestly believes, even if we had gone winless, that Zac Taylor would have been showed the door after one season, do they?

He certainly should be let go if he finishes 1-15 or even 3-13. The team was 7-9 the prior season. It's not as if Taylor has prior success as a HC to point to. The Brown family won't do it but should admit they got it wrong and start hiring in January not after the Super bowl.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Lebeau was the head coach for 45 games or almost 3 years.  He took over from Coslet after an 0-3 start in 2000,  The final straw for Coslet was the Bengals being obliterated by the Ravens 37-0. The team managed 94 total yards of offense to include 4 yards rushing.  Scott Mitchell and Akile Smith were awesome that day. 

Ken Anderson holding on to the Offensive Coordinator job for that long just another example of the Brown family's inability to run the team as a business with the goal being winning. 

For some reason I only remember the 2-14 season.

thanks for the correction. It's hell getting old.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

He certainly should be let go if he finishes 1-15 or even 3-13. The team was 7-9 the prior season. It's not as if Taylor has prior success as a HC to point to. The Brown family won't do it but should admit they got it wrong and start hiring in January not after the Super bowl.

Well, he won’t be. 

Don’t set yourself up for further disappointment by expecting the unexpected. 

General rule for fans.

6 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Taylor has already shown me he couldn't find his own ass with both hands and a flashlight.

If you want to wait and see if that changes... Umm, ok.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. This franchise needed a major cultural shift post Marvin. That takes time.

I’m willing to chalk up the failures to being extremely multifaceted, and not all of them being something Zac could control. Certainly injuries. Perhaps some of the assistant coaches not necessarily being his picks. 

The team generally plays hard and is bought in...even at 1-11. I’m in for one more year of this regime.

19 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day. This franchise needed a major cultural shift post Marvin. That takes time.

I’m willing to chalk up the failures to being extremely multifaceted, and not all of them being something Zac could control. Certainly injuries. Perhaps some of the assistant coaches not necessarily being his picks. 

The team generally plays hard and is bought in...even at 1-11. I’m in for one more year of this regime.

Which ones would these be? The few holdovers were well-qualified.

And the "cultural shift"--like tossing players under busses and mickey mousing others with fines/benching because they won't play while hurt? Not sure Rome would stand for long with that--regardless of how long the build.    

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Which ones would these be? The few holdovers were well-qualified.

And the "cultural shift"--like tossing players under busses and mickey mousing others with fines/benching because they won't play while hurt? Not sure Rome would stand for long with that--regardless of how long the build.    

I mean, a great deal of what just offered is your conjecture, none of it born out of anything we know for a fact. You don’t know that Cordy Glenn was a blameless pawn anymore than I know he’s been a pussy asshat “earning” his pay.

I saw no evidence of a bus being driven over anyone. We’ve hashed this out before, Dalton’s benching wasn’t necessarily unearned. His play was just as suspect as anyone else when it happened. And, when it did, I thought it was handled with dignity and was well reasoned. The franchise wanted to see what they had in the wings. Plus, motivationally, the offense, and Dalton, looked markedly better yesterday. Sometimes these types of things are motivational tools.

14 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I mean, a great deal of what just offered is your conjecture, none of it born out of anything we know for a fact. You don’t know that Cordy Glenn was a blameless pawn anymore than I know he’s been a pussy asshat “earning” his pay.

I saw no evidence of a bus being driven over anyone. We’ve hashed this out before, Dalton’s benching wasn’t necessarily unearned. His play was just as suspect as anyone else when it happened. And, when it did, I thought it was handled with dignity and was well reasoned. The franchise wanted to see what they had in the wings. Plus, motivationally, the offense, and Dalton, looked markedly better yesterday. Sometimes these types of things are motivational tools.

All well and good. The second statement wasn't the one I was looking for your response. You did make a wide sweeping exoneration of Boy Wonder with his lack of choice in selection of coaches, for which I asked the question:which ones would those be? 

11 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Well.. at least it looks that way now  :D  

giphy.gif

Archived