Ron Rivera fired

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Likewise. He's had success in the NFL. Taylor hasn't. Not a hard choice yet the Bengals won't pull the plug on Taylor after this season.

IDK where anyone got the idea Taylor's job was in danger.  I'd expect Bengals fans to know better.   Unless they have a richer offer elsewhere I don't see any of the coaches leaving this offseason.  Turner would be the obvious choice to fire but if he wasn't such a dirtbag Mikey couldn't redeem him.  All the good reasons for firing him are ironically the same reasons he won't be fired.  They knew what they were getting when they brought him in.

Beyond that the staff is safe as houses.

31 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Ron Rivera = next DC candidate to turn down Taylor and Co, 

That's what I'd think it could be, but let's not ignore the fact that a handful of the defensive players are maintaining Animoomoo's job for him.  They've actually played well for three weeks straight IMO (in spite of some glaring weak spots *cough*Vigil*cough*).

Let me clarify that I'm positive Zac Turner will be the Bengals head coach for at least the next couple years....just wishful thinking about Ron Rivera....if a Cincy HC achieved what Rivera did (getting the Panthers to the Superbowl, three straight 1st place finishes in their division) they'd name the stadium after him.

But something tells me there's more to this story...you don't fire a guy with Rivera's credentials with 4 games left to be played unless there's a scandal involved.

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

Let me clarify that I'm positive Zac Turner will be the Bengals head coach for at least the next couple years....just wishful thinking about Ron Rivera....if a Cincy HC achieved what Rivera did (getting the Panthers to the Superbowl, three straight 1st place finishes in their division) they'd name the stadium after him.

But something tells me there's more to this story...you don't fire a guy with Rivera's credentials with 4 games left to be played unless there's a scandal involved.

3 winning seasons in 9 years...that's the scandal and I'll pass 

and who the fuck is Zac Turner

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

3 winning seasons in 9 years...that's the scandal and I'll pass 

and who the fuck is Zac Turner

Being saddled with a basket case QB who in reality had 1 great season, 2 good seasons and 6 bottom third seasons to include the last 4 was his failing. Very inaccurate passer. 

9 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

If we drop both games to the browns and lose to the Fins Taylor's job should be considered in jeopardy.

1-15 is not acceptable. Maybe for a expansion team but that's it.  

Your right, not acceptable. This team will completely revamp its whole front office and coaching staff after this abysmal season. Mikey never stands by and does nothing after a bad season. He is a man of action and commitment to winning. 

11 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

If we drop both games to the browns and lose to the Fins Taylor's job should be considered in jeopardy.

1-15 is not acceptable. Maybe for a expansion team but that's it.  

Great point. Jerry Jones should have fired Jimmy Johnson after he went 1-15 in his first year at Dallas.

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not to mention Jones had just bought the team and they had a PLAN to rebuild from scratch. 

Right. 

Our history looks to be repeating itself. Just like the 90s. We lose all season then somehow pull a few out of our ass at the end of the season. Then everyone gets hyped only to be let down again the following year. 

Just now, Hooky said:

You said 1-15 is unacceptable. That was their record. 

One of the extremely few instances where it's ok.  

ZT took over a veteran team. Not a team littered with rookies and no bodies.  The O line was bad yes and he helped it get worse. Not acceptable. 

3 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

One of the extremely few instances where it's ok.  

ZT took over a veteran team. Not a team littered with rookies and no bodies.  The O line was bad yes and he helped it get worse. Not acceptable. 

You're talking out your ass as usual. Aren't the bengals one of the younger teams?

8 minutes ago, Hooky said:

You're talking out your ass as usual. Aren't the bengals one of the younger teams?

Most of our best players are 30 or older.  Green, Dunlap, Atkins, Dre, Huber, Glenn, Dalton.  Eifert is 29, Gio is 28. 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, T-Dub said:

IDK where anyone got the idea Taylor's job was in danger.  I'd expect Bengals fans to know better.   Unless they have a richer offer elsewhere I don't see any of the coaches leaving this offseason.  Turner would be the obvious choice to fire but if he wasn't such a dirtbag Mikey couldn't redeem him.  All the good reasons for firing him are ironically the same reasons he won't be fired.  They knew what they were getting when they brought him in.

Beyond that the staff is safe as houses.

Depends, if we win out other than the Pats, I expect management to make no moves. If we lose a few more and end up with the 1st overall pick, I think some assistants may get the bag.

With as late as Taylor came into the game this past offseason, I still would not be surprised if he retools some of his coaching staff with guys that he didn't have an opportunity to talk to last season. That's not untypical of late coaching hires going into their 2nd season.

Archived