Where will Marv coach in 2020 & Who wins a Super Bowl first

Where will ol Marv land?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you see Lewis coaching next year 2020? Who will win a Super Bowl first? Mulitple Choice

• Lewis wins Super Bowl before Bengals
    • Bengals win Super Bowl before Lewis
    • Lewis stays as a advisor at ASU
    • Browns hire Lewis this January
    • Bengals bring Lewis back
    • Panthers
    • Cowboys
    • Redskins
    • Jags
    • Lions
    • Chargers
    • Bears
    • Falcons
    • Giants
    • Jets
    • Other

I know the mantra is that after so many years, it became clear Marvin would never get this team to the promised land... what should follow this statement is that no one else can do it either, with this front office.

If given the opportunities - and some probably will come his way - I believe Marv will do it. I will be cheering him on.

Regarding his playoff performances.. I don't put as much stock in the raw number of 7 losses since I was following the team and paying attention to the context of those games. Also because I remember the pre-Marv days when you were cautiously optimistic that maybe this year, the team will be below average but not a total laughingstock.

About half of the playoff squads were mediocre talent-wise and it was an achievement to reach the playoffs with them. Were any of you people fans in 2009? I remember that season for the way Marv and the staff took an average squad and totally changed the personality of the team (dominant defense with game-managing rushing offense) by adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of what they had. Hard to imagine that kind of flexibility these days.

Other teams were also unripe, talent wise, and did well to just make it. The early years of Dalton and Green, for example.

The 2005 game was contested with small-hands Kitna unexpectedly thrown into the fire from the 3rd play.  The 2014 team...by season's end, so bombed out and depleted that a RB started as a slot receiver. 2015 had a backup QB as well, the Ryan Finley of his day.

2015, the game which scarred us all - certainly Marvin's best team and a game we should have won, even with McCarron. Of course the buck always stops with the head coach and Marvin takes the L. But even if you are a firm believer in the coach's ability to conjure up 'mentality' or 'the steeler way' or whatever you want to call it, the players must execute. I don't know how much you can honestly say Marvin is at fault for Jeremy Hill fumbling the ball while burning clock with the game in hand. Maybe you think Marvin should have 'instilled a winning attitude in him' or some BS.

For my money, the worst news of the season was Marvin selling his Cincy home. I guess I was secretly hoping somehow he would be back. Marvin was able to cover many of the shortcomings of the front office and paper over the cracks, but without him the Mike Brown Bengals have returned to their true and natural state. Welcome to the 90s all over again. It took MB well over a decade to find a single head coach who wasn't utter garbage - he has accomplished this feat only once in his life - and I guarantee you that he and his stooges haven't gotten any better at their jobs since then.

1 hour ago, Go Tory Go! said:

I know the mantra is that after so many years, it became clear Marvin would never get this team to the promised land... what should follow this statement is that no one else can do it either, with this front office.

If given the opportunities - and some probably will come his way - I believe Marv will do it. I will be cheering him on.

Regarding his playoff performances.. I don't put as much stock in the raw number of 7 losses since I was following the team and paying attention to the context of those games. Also because I remember the pre-Marv days when you were cautiously optimistic that maybe this year, the team will be below average but not a total laughingstock.

About half of the playoff squads were mediocre talent-wise and it was an achievement to reach the playoffs with them. Were any of you people fans in 2009? I remember that season for the way Marv and the staff took an average squad and totally changed the personality of the team (dominant defense with game-managing rushing offense) by adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of what they had. Hard to imagine that kind of flexibility these days.

Other teams were also unripe, talent wise, and did well to just make it. The early years of Dalton and Green, for example.

The 2005 game was contested with small-hands Kitna unexpectedly thrown into the fire from the 3rd play.  The 2014 team...by season's end, so bombed out and depleted that a RB started as a slot receiver. 2015 had a backup QB as well, the Ryan Finley of his day.

2015, the game which scarred us all - certainly Marvin's best team and a game we should have won, even with McCarron. Of course the buck always stops with the head coach and Marvin takes the L. But even if you are a firm believer in the coach's ability to conjure up 'mentality' or 'the steeler way' or whatever you want to call it, the players must execute. I don't know how much you can honestly say Marvin is at fault for Jeremy Hill fumbling the ball while burning clock with the game in hand. Maybe you think Marvin should have 'instilled a winning attitude in him' or some BS.

For my money, the worst news of the season was Marvin selling his Cincy home. I guess I was secretly hoping somehow he would be back. Marvin was able to cover many of the shortcomings of the front office and paper over the cracks, but without him the Mike Brown Bengals have returned to their true and natural state. Welcome to the 90s all over again. It took MB well over a decade to find a single head coach who wasn't utter garbage - he has accomplished this feat only once in his life - and I guarantee you that he and his stooges haven't gotten any better at their jobs since then.

The cold hard fact is Marvin never even managed a bye in 16 years.  Even when he had good teams he managed to piss away a game or two during the regular season.  He was 8-26 against the Stealers.  

Also worth noting again that every time Marvin was negotiating an extension, MB ended up getting rid of some dead weight hanger-on from before Marvin got here, like Bratfailski or Ketchup Whisperer.   I don't think that's a coincidence.  

Taylor was given a clean slate, unlike Marvin who had those two albatrosses second guessing him from the start.  The only person undercutting Taylor's authority is MB & the front office..  And Taylor himself, strangely enough.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/12/05/marvin-lewis-should-coach-chicago-bears-2020-per-espn-analyst/2617491001/

Domonique Foxworth: Marvin Lewis should be Chicago Bears' coach next season

Dave Clark, Cincinnati EnquirerPublished 9:14 a.m. ET Dec. 5, 2019

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINEMAILMORE

Several NFL analysts have suggested over the past few weeks that Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton might be a good fit for the Chicago Bears.

Domonique Foxworth said Thursday morning that he believes Marvin Lewis - Dalton's head coach in Cincinnati from 2011 to 2018 - should be the Bears' head coach next season if Chicago makes a coaching change.

Foxworth and host Mike Greenberg offered this about Lewis during the "Answer the Question" segment on ESPN's Get Up:

Foxworth: I think Marvin Lewis. I think people are getting a newfound respect for him considering the infrastructure that he was dealing with in Cincinnati. He accounts for half of that franchise's playoff appearances, and that franchise has been around since 1968. I think the second time around, he'll improve a little bit because there's a lot about coaching that you have to learn on the job. And I think what he did - considering the fact that they won six games last year and they just won their first game this year - I think people have a newfound respect for Marvin Lewis. And I think he'll get another chance and he will succeed at that opportunity.

Greenberg: There was nothing about the Bengals that Adam Gase couldn't fix. Don't worry about that. And I meant that because that's who they played against this week. I don't mean he should be their coach. Although that sounds good to me too!

Foxworth: (Laughs.) Just get (Gase) out of New York!

NFL Network reporter Mike Garafolo wrote in October that Lewis - a special advisor to head coach Herm Edwards for the Arizona State Sun Devils - is a candidate to return to the NFL as a head coach.

ESPN NFL writer Dan Graziano wrote last month that he expects Dalton to head to the Windy City during the offseason.

NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano suggested before the trade deadline that the Bears should consider calling the Bengals about Dalton's availability with Chicago starting quarterback Mitchell Trubisky struggling.

Archived