Other teams Free Agents 2019-2020 edition

Time to start thinking about it before the game ends and we have no one to watch. 

Some guys I would like. The only star is Scherff because otherwise stars are not coming here. 

1. RG-Brandon Scherff-Will cost alot but if he likes Bill Callahan and we get Bill Callahan he could go along way to helping solidify the line.

2. LB-Nick Kwiatkoski-Getting some PT now with Danny Trevathon out and showing well in both coverage and run stopping. 

3. S-Kemal Ishmael-S/LB Hybrid from the Falcons

4. LB-Josh Bynes-Raven add on midseason who has been solid

5. OL-Andrew Whitworth-Rams don't have a ton of cap space and his play has dimished. What if he would play LG for a year or 2 and close out a career in Cincy.

6. LB-Kyle Van Noy-Decent all around LB and an obvious upgrade 

7. DE-Benson Mayowa-Everywhere he goes he produces. 

8-DE-Carl Nassib-High motor guy for the Bucs

9-QB-Matt Moore-Showed well in place of Mahomes and played for Taylor in Miami

I think we end up with several guys like Kwiatkoski who are overpaid but have flashed some. 

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Jackie Slater played at All-Pro levels until he retired at 41. Whitworth is physically capable of going that far. 

No, Jackie Slater barely played his last 3 years.  His last pro bowl season was when he was 36.  Went downhill fast after he ar hit 38.  Besides, why would Whit want to play for Mike Brown again?  If anything he signs a friendly 1 year with the Rams. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

Nostalgia is nice and all but it isn't how you build a team.  

Experience and leadership is something that Whit has the Bengals need. I would sign Whit on a two year deal with the understanding that the 2nd year will be a year in which he is a backup. 

I would take Whit over Hart, Glenn, and the rookie Williams. His play has slipped but he's better than what we have currently.

Adding proven veterans with young talent is how you build a team. I should know as I built several dynasties on Madden in franchise mode

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

No, Jackie Slater barely played his last 3 years.  His last pro bowl season was when he was 36.  Went downhill fast after he ar hit 38.  Besides, why would Whit want to play for Mike Brown again?  If anything he signs a friendly 1 year with the Rams. 

Always splitting the semi-colons. I said Pro Bowl "level"--meaning above effective. The only seasons where he didn't start every game, were his last two--and he was hurt. 

Whitworth can can handle the rigors of the game at an advanced age and excel. That was my point. 

He still loves the franchise and the city. His wife and kids loved it here. The Rams are a plastic/gangster franchise, with no loyalty to anyone--the Man City of the NFL. MB would be thrilled to give him a worthy final contract.

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Always splitting the semi-colons. I said Pro Bowl "level"--meaning above effective. The only seasons where he didn't start every game, were his last two--and he was hurt. 

Whitworth can can handle the rigors of the game at an advanced age and excel. That was my point. 

He still loves the franchise and the city. His wife and kids loved it here. The Rams are a plastic/gangster franchise, with no loyalty to anyone--the Man City of the NFL. MB would be thrilled to give him a worthy final contract.

Slater wasn’t playing close to pro bowl level his last 3 years.  He also played his entire career for the Rams playing in 7 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. Whit left here 3 years ago leaving a dysfunctional team and a legacy of failure. 

Furthermore, Whit seemed pretty happy when he announced he was coming back for his third year with the Rams last year to the cheers of his teammates AFTER just playing in the Super Bowl. 

Finally, would you rather be at opening day of a brand new stadium on a team where everyone loves you and you have had serious success or drag your ass back Cincinnati to play for one of the worst teams in the league and for an owner who low balled you?   Dude is from Louisiana, not Loveland. 

18 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Slater wasn’t playing close to pro bowl level his last 3 years.  He also played his entire career for the Rams playing in 7 NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl. Whit left here 3 years ago leaving a dysfunctional team and a legacy of failure. 

Furthermore, Whit seemed pretty happy when he announced he was coming back for his third year with the Rams last year to the cheers of his teammates AFTER just playing in the Super Bowl. 

Finally, would you rather be at opening day of a brand new stadium on a team where everyone loves you and you have had serious success or drag your ass back Cincinnati to play for one of the worst teams in the league and for an owner who low balled you?   Dude is from Louisiana, not Loveland. 

Yeah, Whit isn't coming back...but we can dream right.

Case for Whit to come back. 

1. He loved his time in Cincy and didn't want to leave

2. We can overpay him

3. Rams are set for 25M in cap space and here are their UFAs

Dante Fowler Jr. OLB 26 LAR TBD $12,000,000 UFA Market Value
Andrew Whitworth LT 38 LAR TBD $11,250,000 UFA -
Michael Brockers DT 29 LAR TBD $11,083,333 UFA -
Cory Littleton ILB 26 LAR TBD $3,095,000 UFA -
Greg Zuerlein K 32 LAR TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Blake Bortles QB 28 LAR TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
Bryce Hager ILB 28 LAR TBD $805,000 UFA -
Marqui Christian S 25 LAR TBD $637,550 UFA -
Mike Thomas WR 26 LAR TBD $614,018 UFA -
Austin Blythe G 28 LAR TBD $600,497

UFA

4, Whit is an LSU grad. If we get Burrow there might be something there. 

5. Taylor coached Whit in LA so they might have a relationship already. 

I am not saying it's going to happen. But after the mess we have had since he left I would love the move. I don't expect him to be his past self but some decent snaps at LG and LT would be perfect for me. 

On 12/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, SF2 said:

Nostalgia is nice and all but it isn't how you build a team.  

Yeah, I know what you're saying, ideally you want stud rookie at every spot, but this line still needs upgrades at 3, maybe 4 spots.  You can only spend so many pick on the OLine tough.  Other areas need to eat as well.  Even if you find an earlier round bookend tackle to pair with Williams and you find a depth guy in later rounds, by my reckoning, they still could use a FA upgrade on the interior.  If they could stick Whit at LG for a competent season or two as a stopgap, then draft his successor in 21 or 22, then I'm down with that.

8 hours ago, snarkster said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying, ideally you want stud rookie at every spot, but this line still needs upgrades at 3, maybe 4 spots.  You can only spend so many pick on the OLine tough.  Other areas need to eat as well.  Even if you find an earlier round bookend tackle to pair with Williams and you find a depth guy in later rounds, by my reckoning, they still could use a FA upgrade on the interior.  If they could stick Whit at LG for a competent season or two as a stopgap, then draft his successor in 21 or 22, then I'm down with that.

I still don't know why people think Whit wants to come back here.  Why?  Got completely low balled by the front office and left.  Went to a young fun team that won shit and made it to a Super Bowl all while making a go of it in dreary southern California.   He has become an active member of the community and the city and franchise love the guy. Why would he come crawling back to one of the worst franchises in the NFL for a check?  He has made $89 million in his career, he doesn't need the money.   

The only people who come back here do it for the money or as a last resort. Andre Smith and Terrance Newman come to mind.   Whit doesn't fit the mold.  Boomer did it for one season, came off the bench and went 4-1 with a 107 passer rating  and promptly said, "Fuck this place". 

No, he actually said his body would not take a full 16-game pounding, and had the MNF gig in hand. He would have been welcomed back otherwise. 

Whitworth's present Man City plastic gangster franchise--in young and fun South Central--is spiraling back to mid-level. They should make the playoffs, but teams have figured them out. They don't have a boatload of cap space, and will certainly cut bait on salaries. 

And, if they don't, who the fuck cares. It has nothing to do with this franchise.    

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I still don't know why people think Whit wants to come back here.  Why?  Got completely low balled by the front office and left.  Went to a young fun team that won shit and made it to a Super Bowl all while making a go of it in dreary southern California.   He has become an active member of the community and the city and franchise love the guy. Why would he come crawling back to one of the worst franchises in the NFL for a check?  He has made $89 million in his career, he doesn't need the money.   

The only people who come back here do it for the money or as a last resort. Andre Smith and Terrance Newman come to mind.   Whit doesn't fit the mold.  Boomer did it for one season, came off the bench and went 4-1 with a 107 passer rating  and promptly said, "Fuck this place". 

Never said he did and would respect him if he didn't.  All I was saying is if he were an option, I'd consider it (among others).  I think Whit as always kept himself in top shape. He may have slowed a bit and might not be the best option out on the edge, but I think moving inside might allow him to provide a solid year or two.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

No, he actually said his body would not take a full 16-game pounding, and had the MNF gig in hand. He would have been welcomed back otherwise. 

Whitworth's present Man City plastic gangster franchise--in young and fun South Central--is spiraling back to mid-level. They should make the playoffs, but teams have figured them out. They don't have a boatload of cap space, and will certainly cut bait on salaries. 

And, if they don't, who the fuck cares. It has nothing to do with this franchise.    

I think if Boomer really thought the franchise had a chance to be something he would have given it another year.   Amazing how guys like Brees and Brady feel fine. (winning)

We are Watford.  This franchise cant even spiral down since it is already at rock bottom.  Mid level would be awesome at this point.   The only time we even get mentioned is when we play the Mayfields or the Patriots video our signals.  Even then we get made fun of by the media:  "Why do the Patriots need to video the Bengals LOL!"

15 hours ago, snarkster said:

Um, Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Price were all high draft picks on the O-line. Why would we assume that throwing more picks at the problem will fix it if the same people are making the picks?

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think if Boomer really thought the franchise had a chance to be something he would have given it another year.   Amazing how guys like Brees and Brady feel fine. (winning)

We are Watford.  This franchise cant even spiral down since it is already at rock bottom.  Mid level would be awesome at this point.   The only time we even get mentioned is when we play the Mayfields or the Patriots video our signals.  Even then we get made fun of by the media:  "Why do the Patriots need to video the Bengals LOL!"

Lol...Watford! At least in the previous 10 years, I was going to compare to Arsenal...with a Leicester lean. Now, though, definite relegation zone. 

Archived