Pats Filming the...Bengals? (ESPN)

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The NFL doesn't do things the NCAA way with forfeits or playoff ineligibility. If the Pats were taping the Bengals sideline, they should get a big fine, lose a high draft pick and Belichick should be suspended the rest of the season. 

The last time they got caught, they lost a first round draft pick, Belichick got fined $500,000.00 and the Patriots got fined $250,000.00. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patriots-video-reportedly-focused-on-bengals-sideline-for-8-minutes-165756729.html

Patriots video reportedly focused on Bengals sideline for 8 minutes

The New England Patriots are in the middle of a hot mess right now concerning one of their video crews filming the sideline of the Cincinnati Bengals game on Sunday. The news broke on Monday afternoon and things have only gotten messier and more suspicious since.

According to Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic, the tape from the Patriots’ film crew contains eight minutes of direct Bengals sideline footage. Sources who viewed the recording told Dehner that it shows Bengals players running on and off the field as well as coaches calling plays.

Eight minutes of direct sideline footage is a lot for it to be a mistake or an accident. However, in the statement released by the Patriots, they claim that it was just that. They said that the film crew wasn’t aware of league rules and unintentionally violated NFL policy by filming the Bengals sideline.  

They claim that the footage was never intended to be used for anything other than the “Do Your Job” video feature the crew was working on, and head coach Bill Belichick told WEEI that he and the football operations people have nothing to do with video production.

y-p4eGNb_bigger.jpg

Bill Belichick on @OMFonWEEI addresses report of Patriots video at Bengals Browns game.

View image on Twitter

Still, eight minutes of direct sideline footage is really a lot for it to be an accident. If it was intentional, it would explain why the cameraman reportedly asked if they could just delete the footage when he was being interviewed by Bengals security.

M6Ej_REg_bigger.jpg
 · 20h

A source tells me a Bengals employee was watching the videographer/cameraman who identified himself as a Robert Kraft employee. The Bengals employee kept an eye on that monitor, the shot was of the Bengals coaches and staff on the sidelines for the entire 1st quarter.

the Bengals employee flagged media relations. Bengals security then interviewed the Kraft videographer. This was also taped. The cameraman asked if they could just delete the footage and it all be forgotten per sources

The Patriots’ explanation definitely seems plausible. However, claiming that they’re shooting footage for a team video was one of the ready-made excuses the Patriots told their videographers to use during the original SpyGate, according to a 2015 report from ESPN.

The Patriots could absolutely be telling the truth and SpyGate II could turn out to be just a big misunderstanding. But with New England’s history of cheating, they no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Their past makes it very difficult to assume that this was all an innocent mistake, and the inconsistencies in the story, the leaks coming from NFL sources, and the original SpyGate team video excuse make it even harder.

Reading the above "we have nothing to do with it, we never saw anything, honest!" spiel, I can only chalk this up to "this is how they cheat now".  Hire outside* consultants (*with rumours stating they were actually employees of Kraft), have them film some horseshit "TV segment" (that obviously no one in their right mind would give two shits about) and just scream ignorance.  Way, WAY too convenient.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Eyes on the prize. Keep blowing for Burrow. Until the Gints win another and they may not, we need to keep losing.

They are playing Miami this Sunday so they may win one.

Still could end up with them drafting first and taking Chase Young and Burrows drops to us at 2.

Or they could be picking second and trade up with us to assure they get Young.  I think that would be the best scenario.

Whatever, their game with Miami and ours loom large in the draft selection.

36 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

They are playing Miami this Sunday so they may win one.

Still could end up with them drafting first and taking Chase Young and Burrows drops to us at 2.

Or they could be picking second and trade up with us to assure they get Young.  I think that would be the best scenario.

Whatever, their game with Miami and ours loom large in the draft selection.

If the Giants get the top pick and keep it, they'll take Chase Young. But they could well trade down with another team wanting Burrow. That would suck for the Bengals. 

Better for us to keep losing and keep control of the top of the draft.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

If the Giants get the top pick and keep it, they'll take Chase Young. But they could well trade down with another team wanting Burrow. That would suck for the Bengals. 

Better for us to keep losing and keep control of the top of the draft.

True.

But then we could take Chase Young who ain't too shabby a consolation prize and go quarterback next year.

That was my original thinking for the draft and I'm still very OK with it.

If we draft first or second, we're going to get one or the other.  Win-Win for the Bengals, for a change.

Of course, we could trade the pick to someone who wants Young and probably get a king's ransom in draft picks.

Not too shabby, either.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

True.

But then we could take Chase Young who ain't too shabby a consolation prize and go quarterback next year.

That was my original thinking for the draft and I'm still very OK with it.

If we draft first or second, we're going to get one or the other.  Win-Win for the Bengals, for a change.

Of course, we could trade the pick to someone who wants Young and probably get a king's ransom in draft picks.

Not too shabby, either.

I'm with you.

Don't really care if we pick 1 or 2.

Chase Young is more likely to succeed in the NFL but plays a less important position, and QB is also more of a need for us.

Either one would be a reasonable selection.

11 hours ago, Go Tory Go! said:

I'm with you.

Don't really care if we pick 1 or 2.

Chase Young is more likely to succeed in the NFL but plays a less important position, and QB is also more of a need for us.

Either one would be a reasonable selection.

I want #1 just so we can have the top pick in each round.  That 2nd round there should be lots of trade opportunities as teams reset their board.  It may even be enough to sneak back into the end of the 1st round if there's someone there and we want them to have that 5th year option.

52 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Tua. We need an injured guy who won't play his first year 

The John Ross of quarterbacks.

btw... Ross limited in practice Wednesday.  We know what's coming.

Tua to Ross on the rehab field would be a potent combo.  Tua could take the snap

and limp as he dropped back to pass and Ross simply could drop a ball right in his hands.

what i find fishy is if they wanted to film their scouting documentary from the browns pressbox  then film them scouting the browns.  if there is side line and game film and they didnt inform the league and the bengals for permission ( which i believe we are told isnt allowed without the express permission from the league as seen on every game on tv) then they are guilty , for a 2nd offense , and they should be penalized in a scaling manner. 

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

2nd offense, hell.  It's their culture.

Exactly.  Caught my son smoking pot a few years ago. Driving him home from OSU last night and he goes on about how many times he didn't get caught (of course I already knew this).   The idea that this hasn't been going on is laughable and the explanation is even more ridiculous. 

Archived