Jimminy Frikkin Crimminy - Is it almost over? Can I get an Amen?

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.34c4736200a782fd495d11b9e838272e.jpeg

L.to R.--- HSH about 50 lbs heavier than now .... Mr Dillon .... my son, Chris

BTW... Corey and the Browns have mended fences and are very OK with one another

Very personable and fantastic guy to chat with.

that's awesome.

CD is one of my all time favorite players

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Not gonna lie, I'm a little surprised by that.  And 'grats on the weight loss.

I was very surprised, myself.  I was hesitant to ask to pose with us for a picture but he was very gracious.

And thank you for the 'grats on the loss of tonnage.  I have become a fanatic about the Keto diet.

Haven't felt this good in years, either.  Can really tell walking from PBS to the 580 (Walnut) Garage

across from Fountain Square.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I was very surprised, myself.  I was hesitant to ask to pose with us for a picture but he was very gracious.

And thank you for the 'grats on the loss of tonnage.  I have become a fanatic about the Keto diet.

Haven't felt this good in years, either.  Can really tell walking from PBS to the 580 (Walnut) Garage

across from Fountain Square.

Sorry to derail the original topic...but...I was just about to ask you how you did it...after Googling some it looks like Keto is similar to the old Atkins diet, i.e. less carbs more protein.  My doc has been preaching the reducing carbs part for awhile now.  I really have a hard time doing that though...love the pastas, pizzas, breads, etc.  Any tricks, go-to's, or advice you can offer regarding your success?  Was exercise/activity part of it too?

I can remember seeing Chicago and Black Sabbath within a week of each other 48 years ago...but not one thing from this NFL season. 

As to Keto...and Keto-like plans, I've peeled off about 15 in a month and a half. You do feel great, without all the starches weighing you down. Recently had blood work, and it's A-OK. Giving up the pizza/breads/pastas/etc., is a little hard to do initially..but after a week or so, you will hardly notice it. Keeping a balance with proteins and fibers can be tricky--some vegetables can be high carb. But you get into a flow. You can even have a "beer day" or two per week, and it doesn't cost you. Exercise helps, but is not critical for the program to work.

10 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Sorry to derail the original topic...but...I was just about to ask you how you did it...after Googling some it looks like Keto is similar to the old Atkins diet, i.e. less carbs more protein.  My doc has been preaching the reducing carbs part for awhile now.  I really have a hard time doing that though...love the pastas, pizzas, breads, etc.  Any tricks, go-to's, or advice you can offer regarding your success?  Was exercise/activity part of it too?

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I can remember seeing Chicago and Black Sabbath within a week of each other 48 years ago...but not one thing from this NFL season. 

As to Keto...and Keto-like plans, I've peeled off about 15 in a month and a half. You do feel great, without all the starches weighing you down. Recently had blood work, and it's A-OK. Giving up the pizza/breads/pastas/etc., is a little hard to do initially..but after a week or so, you will hardly notice it. Keeping a balance with proteins and fibers can be tricky--some vegetables can be high carb. But you get into a flow. You can even have a "beer day" or two per week, and it doesn't cost you. Exercise helps, but is not critical for the program to work.

Yes and yes.

And I guess it is similar to Atkins.

High Fat (believe it or not) Low Carb

Buh Bye bread, pasta, potatoes, pizza and donuts.  Beer pretty much, too, I think, but I don't drink.

Mostly leafy vegetables and things that grow above the ground.  Does not like corn or beans other than green beans.

However, a killer steak, broccoli or asparagus rather than baked potato and side salad with oil and vinegar is very Keto.

Can also do a burger at Wendy's and throw away the bun.

Egg and cheese omelettes, just got a Rapid Egg Cooker gizmo and while not particularly rapid, makes HFLC egg  soufflés without much of a mess or hassle.

Slater everything possible with real butter.

Nuts for snacks, esp. walnuts and pecans, no chips or Doritoes, etc.

Exercise helps and hastens the process but I don't do a lot of that although I do walk quite a bit.

Loves organic, free range chickens and eggs, grass fed meat and surprisingly easier to find at your regular grocery store.

No sugar or sweeteners, drops the risk for diabetes a lot.  No sugars includes natural sugars like in orange juice, etc.

Coffee with cream rather than mild or coffee mate is very Keto friendly... coffee is Keto OK.

I drink a lot of Smart Water  and other waters from the grocery store enhanced with electrolytes.  Use it for coffee, too.

Not always, gets expensive.

Oh... the Mexican food section of the grocery has low carb (5 or 6 net carbs) soft burrito shells for Keto friendly

wraps rather than bread and meat sandwiches.  Taste good, too.

Not health food, Vegan shit but adjusting your diet.  I am far from some health food fanatic.

Fats burn fast and efficiently and then the body attacks stored carbs... like around the waist.

Downsides is it is possible to get something they call the Keto Flu which is not a flu but short (couple hour)

uncomfortable period where your body adjusts to changing over and burning fat rather than carbs which burn

and turn into energy much less efficiently and completely.

Also, cravings.  You don't realize how many pizza and Coke ads are run during a football game and it drives

me wild.

But buy a book, research it on line.

Find a list or chart of Keto friendly and hateful food.

Amazon sells refrigerator magnet Keto food charts.

High Fat, Low Carb.  For me, the protein pretty much takes care of itself.

High Protein, Low Carb is Paleo, I think.

My other soap box is painless, easy recovery from Prostate Cancer

with a procedure called Cyber Knife.  Non invasive, completely painless,

just lay on a table while a big gizmo that looks like Gypsy the robot from MSFT2000

whizzes around your body without touching.

Wrong forum but hope there is some grain of help even if its to

call me an asshole health nut fanatic.

Archived