T.J. Houshmandzadeh on the HERD

1 hour ago, saphead said:

So evidently if Carson gets drafted to another team he's magically a HOF'er. But no mention of that slight restructuring of his knee in January of 06'. Hmm. 

I don't think the knee was what did Carson in, I think it was the shoulder injury that turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into a household name.  Palmer never had surgery on it and although he had some decent seasons, he never had quite the same velocity on his throws.   He wasn't very mobile even before the knee. His best rushing season was 93 yards and that was after then knee injury, the next best was a mere 50 in 16 games.   

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Butterfly effect - you can mention the same thing about any player or person or play for that matter. Change one part of the past you can never predict what the end result would have been.

I'm 100% certain that the end result would have been pissing and moaning on this forum.

:rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Butterfly effect - you can mention the same thing about any player or person or play for that matter. Change one part of the past you can never predict what the end result would have been.

Ref Ray Bradbury short story "The Sound of Thunder". 1952

If your curiosity is piqued there are a few readings of it on YouTube.

I always liked this Dennis Miller bit on the Butterfly effect:

You know, I may pretend not to care about what happens thousands of miles away
in a place I'll probably never see. But I know that all of life is deeply
interconnected and interdependent in a symbiotic, primal dance. That a
butterfly beating its wings in the African bush can dislodge a particle of dust
that makes a monkey sneeze, which startles a herd of gazelle into stampeding,
causing a rockslide down a hill which dams up a stream and floods it, creating
moisture which evaporates and cools the air, which rushes into the hot air
above it, becoming a cyclone, which whirls out to sea and joins up with other
storm clouds, forming an enormous raging squall that travels thousands of miles
across the ocean, disrupting electromagnetic fields and making my cell phone
cut out. Fuckin' butterflies.

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

I don't think the knee was what did Carson in, I think it was the shoulder injury that turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into a household name.  Palmer never had surgery on it and although he had some decent seasons, he never had quite the same velocity on his throws.   He wasn't very mobile even before the knee. His best rushing season was 93 yards and that was after then knee injury, the next best was a mere 50 in 16 games.   

I disagree. 2005 Carson is one of the best QBs I’ve ever seen. He was never really quite the same after. He still put up some impressive numbers but his accuracy was never the same. 

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

You might be confusing him with another QB. Someone with red hair....

You might be forgetting Carson throwing 4 INTS and fumbling twice in the NFC Championship game.   Or that 2009 WC game against the Jets, one of the most lackluster performances I've ever seen.

Say what you want about Dalton but he doesn't give up or quit the team & flee town because he found some garbage on his lawn.  Palmer is either a sleezy lying scumbag about why he really left (my suspicion) or he's one of the sorriest limp-dicked manginas to ever wear a Bengals uniform.  Take your pick.

On 12/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, Jason said:

I disagree. 2005 Carson is one of the best QBs I’ve ever seen. He was never really quite the same after. He still put up some impressive numbers but his accuracy was never the same. 

I never felt invincible as a fan except for that regular season 😓

23 minutes ago, sois said:

I never felt invincible as a fan except for that regular season 😓

Really?  We had a very good team but invincible?  The team got 35 points scored on it at home by the 5 win Bills week 16, 17 in the final quarter. Remember Carson’s pick 6 late in the game?  Very Marviesque finding ways to piss won games away. 

The defense was bad that year.  Kelly Holcomb lit us up that game.   Don’t get me wrong, the team was fun offensively and I finally thought we were going to make a 3 or 4 year run of greatness. Shit it was only Carson’s second season as a starter. Fuck the Stealers. 

Archived