Bengals vs Bad Fish Game Thread or Geaux Dolphins

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

There was still some football to be played and ya' stick with them though thick and thin.

Besides, the ending was pretty spectacular.The Ravens win that game 44-3.  The Dolphins traded many of their better aging players away this season to include Tannehill for draft picks. They are truly rebuilding.  The Fins went into a deep prevent defense and it almost cost them a victory. 

The Ravens win that game 44-3.  The Dolphins traded many of their better aging players away this season to include Tannehill for draft picks. They are truly rebuilding.  The Fins went into a deep prevent defense and it almost cost them a victory. 

This almost identical team was 5-5 until Dalton got hurt last year.  1 win is absurd. The team is never ready to play to begin the 1st and 3rd quarter.  The Bengals have not scored a TD on it’s first 2nd half possession for 21 straight games. 

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The Ravens win that game 44-3.  The Dolphins traded many of their better aging players away this season to include Tannehill for draft picks. They are truly rebuilding.  The Fins went into a deep prevent defense and it almost cost them a victory

This almost identical team was 5-5 until Dalton got hurt last year.  1 win is absurd. 

Not to mention a hail mary completion and an on side kick recovery. 

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Ravens win that game 44-3.  The Dolphins traded many of their better aging players away this season to include Tannehill for draft picks. They are truly rebuilding.  The Fins went into a deep prevent defense and it almost cost them a victory. 

This almost identical team was 5-5 until Dalton got hurt last year.  1 win is absurd. The team is never ready to play to begin the 1st and 3rd quarter.  The Bengals have not scored a TD on it’s first 2nd half possession for 21 straight games. 

I think you've nailed the problem. No way that this is a 1-13 team. The coaching has been atrocious. It doesn't matter who we draft if the coaching sucks this bad. Wouldn't 1-15 be the worst finish in bengals history? If I'm the owner, no way I'm bringing any of these guys back.

I would have liked to have seen how it all would have played out if Taylor had been able to get the guys in here that he really wanted...ie Bill Callahan and Jack Del Rio as his coordinators. 

I think one of the worst things this team did, and was a huge disservice to Taylor, was bring in two coordinators with zero experience at the positions. They were all set up to fail from that point forward, IMO. 

I really believe that Taylor thought he was getting Del Rio and Callahan, and when it didn’t happen, everything just kinda fell apart went to hell from there. 

44 minutes ago, OneHeartBeat said:

I think you've nailed the problem. No way that this is a 1-13 team. The coaching has been atrocious. It doesn't matter who we draft if the coaching sucks this bad. Wouldn't 1-15 be the worst finish in bengals history? If I'm the owner, no way I'm bringing any of these guys back.

If you (or most here) were the owner you would have never even brought this staff in.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

I would have liked to have seen how it all would have played out if Taylor had been able to get the guys in here that he really wanted...ie Bill Callahan and Jack Del Rio as his coordinators. 

I think one of the worst things this team did, and was a huge disservice to Taylor, was bring in two coordinators with zero experience at the positions. They were all set up to fail from that point forward, IMO. 

I really believe that Taylor thought he was getting Del Rio and Callahan, and when it didn’t happen, everything just kinda fell apart went to hell from there. 

The disservice was hiring the guy in the first place. Almost zero real experience as an NFL coordinator and his college time at UC was not good.  They hired a guy because he was Sean McVay's QB coach.  Seriously, they hired the guy thinking he was the next wiz kid.  They forgot McVay was an actual offensive coordinator for the Redskins and actually built a decent offense.

Kyle Shanahan was an NFL OC for 9 years before he was offered the 49'ers gig.  Had all kinds of connections in the league he could lean on.  Even Matt Lafleur had 2 years of real NFL OC experience. Taylor had nothing of the sort. 

Its simply a Bengals thing.  They fired Marvin and had nothing in the pipeline before they did.   Had to settle on a starry eyed kid but worse, they had to wait until the Super Bowl was over to get him. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Its simply a Bengals thing.  They fired Marvin and had nothing in the pipeline before they did.   Had to settle on a starry eyed kid but worse, they had to wait until the Super Bowl was over to get him. 

This after what Hobs called an 'exhaustive' search. It tired out the Inbreds, they can't do this again!

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

The disservice was hiring the guy in the first place. Almost zero real experience as an NFL coordinator and his college time at UC was not good.  They hired a guy because he was Sean McVay's QB coach.  Seriously, they hired the guy thinking he was the next wiz kid.  They forgot McVay was an actual offensive coordinator for the Redskins and actually built a decent offense.

Kyle Shanahan was an NFL OC for 9 years before he was offered the 49'ers gig.  Had all kinds of connections in the league he could lean on.  Even Matt Lafleur had 2 years of real NFL OC experience. Taylor had nothing of the sort. 

This is why I lol @ the "his system" poppycock. What "system"? Where was it developed--playing catch with Goff during practice?

Certified disaster.  

Archived