Decisions the Bengals need to make the next few months

2 hours ago, Duluoz said:

image.thumb.png.130b533c4d0b8286c70d4c780839e6a3.png

The NFL is nowhere near the same as it was back then.  These dudes come in ready.  Not to mention, there isnt a team in the NFL, whose is in need of a quarterback, that isnt grading Burrow out is the unquestioned numero uno offensive pick on the board.  Plimple (Plain and Simple).

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

But there are so many freakin' 1st round QB bust, and each of the QBs in the list above would easily be worth what the Miami Dolphins are theoretically willing to offer 2020 Nos. 5, 18, 25 and 2021 fourth for No. 1. Some were major busts, some just semi-busts.

Joe Burrow may or may not be a productive NFL QB....my point is taking him with the #1 pick shouldn't be a slam-dunk. If picks are offered, Cincy should listen.

I mean, if we could take all those picks in a trade? Yeah. But, you said it: “theoretically” Miami, or some other team, might offer that haul. But, we don’t know that that will happen. As a matter of inquiry, when is the last time a team mortgaged an entire draft for a single pick? 

39 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I mean, if we could take all those picks in a trade? Yeah. But, you said it: “theoretically” Miami, or some other team, might offer that haul. But, we don’t know that that will happen. As a matter of inquiry, when is the last time a team mortgaged an entire draft for a single pick? 

RG3 draft year? 

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Well if Burrow doesn’t grade out as a #1 overall pick, who’s gonna want to trade for it? Especially if Young goes back to school, which I think is a real possibility. If those two things happen the Bengals are fk’ed. 

Young has announced he's entering the draft.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28416265/ohio-state-de-chase-young-announces-entering-nfl-draft

6 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am a Buckeyes homer and I  knew there was no chance.  guess I am not blind.. lol 

You are certainly not. spicoli is the one quoted from earlier in thread saying he thought it was a “real possibility” Young returned to tOSU.

Heck, I am not a big college football guy, but living in SEC country I have come to really like and root for the Bucks. I like a Chase Young a lot, but, financially it would have made no sense to hedge and enter the draft next year. As a DE, his draft stock literally can’t go higher.

57 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Chase apparently wanted to come back and was telling people that he in fact was planning on coming back.....and then his mom put the kibosh on it lol. 

"Darnit Chase, I want my new house!"

:lol: 

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

Lol when has this team ever learned a lesson? 

when they signed  wr Laveranues Coles in fa for very decent money and he reinjured the knee he blew out the year before that their crack med  staff oked.

lesson learned "never sign a FA again."  (rather then question themselves or the Med staff) 

Just now, stryker57 said:

when they signed  wr Laveranues Coles in fa for very decent money and he reinjured the knee he blew out the year before that their crack med  staff oked.

lesson learned "never sign a FA again."  (rather then question themselves or the Med staff) 

Lol...you got me there.

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Wasn't that Antonio Bryant?

Yeah and thanks.

I knew there was a brain numbingly stupid free agent signing of a former Dallas hot rat wide

receiver who was too busted up to make it out of the physical exam room after being touted

as the second coming of Joe Willie Mammyjammer and a sure fire ticket to the Super Bowl.

Only could not think of his name.

Archived