Marvin Lewis may be next Redskins HC

TigerJ@w

I hope he wins multiple championships somewhere. Even though his time was well over by the time he left, I will love him forever for putting some light back in this black hole.

He was also rumored to be in the running in Dallas. C'mon, Marvin - pick one of the other 29 clubs to find a job, don't pick the 3 worst owners in football going forward.

20 hours ago, Cat said:

I hope he wins multiple championships somewhere. Even though his time was well over by the time he left, I will love him forever for putting some light back in this black hole.

He was also rumored to be in the running in Dallas. C'mon, Marvin - pick one of the other 29 clubs to find a job, don't pick the 3 worst owners in football going forward.

If he can deal with Ol' Musty he can deal with any owner

Marvin is still young and spry enough to have a nice long run with another team. I only wish he would come back to us.

Imagine having that kind of luck though - nearly 2 decades covering for Mike Brown's incompetence, then the next call you get is from Danny Snyder.

4 hours ago, Go Tory Go! said:

Marvin is still young and spry enough to have a nice long run with another team. I only wish he would come back to us.

Imagine having that kind of luck though - nearly 2 decades covering for Mike Brown's incompetence, then the next call you get is from Danny Snyder.

Imagine - never winning a playoff game, and still there are two owners that are willing to pay you money

6 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Imagine - never winning a playoff game, and still there are two owners that are willing to pay you money

The Bengals attempt to compete using a front office and scouting network of much fewer staff than the competition, composed of family and other familiar lackeys who are also individually vastly less-competent than the competition (who do strange things like hire professionals based on merit, innovate, etc).

I imagine this is common knowledge among league executives. so when the Bengals performed in the top third of franchises during Marv's tenure in spite of these limitations and an essentially unequal playing field, it's not at all surprising that he will be re-hired.

Do you realize what the Mike Brown Bengals have ever accomplished without Marvin? The highlight was an 8-8 record, no playoff appearances. Perhaps you haven't been a fan long enough to grasp how much of an outlier the Marvin Lewis era was around here, honestly the idea of 5 straight playoff appearances would have seemed absurd to any fan of the team before Marvin's arrival. The majority of head coaches in this league never make the playoffs once.

The playoff results are what they are, it is probably true that Marvin would never have gotten deep in the playoffs with this team, but I would argue that no other coach is going to do so, either. At least with Marvin we had an entertaining product to watch while waiting for the Browns to sell to an owner willing to invest in what it takes to win.

Marvin was interviewed in Jerryworld yesterday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.  Don't know if there's solid interest here, if Marvin is simply keeping his name in the loop in case a good position comes available, or if this was just a Rooney Rule interview.  I think he would be a better fit as a DC than a HC there, but who knows....

Saw this on Reddit as a tweet from Will Brinson:

Dallas had to decide between Mike McCarthy and Marvin Lewis. Ultimately for the Cowboys it came down to which guy is not demanding to bring Hue Jackson into the building.

Archived