Bengals extend Trey Hopkins contract

Is he worth it?  What about Price? 

MaAIgBaS_x96.jpg

The #Bengals and starting C Trey Hopkins have reached a 3-year extension worth $20.4M, source said. He gets $4.5M in a guaranteed roster bonus. Hopkins will earn $8.95M in year one and $14.4M after year 2. A center locked in, potentially, for No. 1 pick Joe Burrow

💰

💰

💰

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

He's very much worth it. Kid is a rock in the middle of that line and a piece they can build around.

AND he apparently wants to be here...what else could you ask for? 

Williams - Jordan - Hopkins - ? - likely Hart

Why not keep Glenn for his final contract year and target a RT (with our 2nd pick even if we have to move up):

Williams - Glenn- Hopkins - FA? - Draft pick

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Why not keep Glenn for his final contract year and target a RT (with our 2nd pick even if we have to move up):

I'm just of the opinion that Michael Jordan is going to turn out to be a really good football player. No other reason.

No way though that Taylor keeps Glenn, IMO. No matter what. 

There was a story suggesting the Bengals bring Whit back to either play G or for depth. Also, to be a solid locker room presence and on field coach. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing one of our best players finally retire with our team. As long as they can make it happen without overpaying.

18 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

There was a story suggesting the Bengals bring Whit back to either play G or for depth. Also, to be a solid locker room presence and on field coach. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing one of our best players finally retire with our team. As long as they can make it happen without overpaying.

hell i'd overpay to get Whit.

17 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Is he worth it?  What about Price? 

Yes, I think he is worth it.  He is the Houshmanzadeh or the O Line.

Started at the bottom and worked his way into a starter beating out a first

round draft choice.

As far as Billy Price... in not in how water the temperature is definitely warming up.

Not living up to hype and reputation and the previous coach's pick to boot.

If they shop him for a trade, don't think they would get more than a mid round pick if that.

I'm still a Billy fan and hope he gets all healed up (I suspect some hidden nagging injuries ie Back)

and comes on strong.

'meh

If anything it confirms that the team recognizes Billy Price is a bust. 

3 years, $20.4 million, with a $4.5 million guaranteed roster bonus, Ian Rapoport of the NFL reports. Hopkins will earn $8.95 million in the first year and $14.4 million after year two

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

We wont resign Price when the time comes, but it would be dumb to cut him.

Yep, we are the experts at drafting those guaranteed contract guys with high picks who are busts and keeping them around for 4 years.   It’s like paying cash for a Pontiac Aztek  Already own it, nobody wants it, might as well keep it. 

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yep, we are the experts at drafting those guaranteed contract guys with high picks who are busts and keeping them around for 4 years.   It’s like paying cash for a Pontiac Aztek  Already own it, nobody wants it, might as well keep it. 

ce954e817327c31868b9572c1b228e25.jpg

I'm not convinced Price is a bust.  I think lingering injury is a good guess, or maybe he just doesn't respond to the 4:00 AM death threat coaching style?

He looked capable enough last year, just really green.   He's another Bengal I would expect to see starting for 10 years on a competent team when he leaves here.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I'm not convinced Price is a bust.  I think lingering injury is a good guess, or maybe he just doesn't respond to the 4:00 AM death threat coaching style?

He looked capable enough last year, just really green.   He's another Bengal I would expect to see starting for 10 years on a competent team when he leaves here.

It is hard to believe the club could miss so badly on 3 first round o lineman in 5 years. Add the 2nd round Fisher and Sample and it is downright disturbing. 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I agree.

I can see him leaving here and being a starting Patriot lineman for the next decade opening holes for Rex Bulkhead.

Price was drafted in the first round to be a day one starter.  Same with Jonah Williams.  In Price’s case, the club went with an undrafted FA instead.  Drafting a center in first round was simply stupid.

In Williams case, is it just me or has the team pretty much had a media blackout on the guy?  You would think there might be something said about his progress? One softball story about him a few weeks ago being cleared to practice.  Thinking this guy will be Andre Smith v2.0. 

Archived