SEND IN THE CLOWNS! Bengal's vs Clowns Game Day Thread....

This is what happens when manufactured media hyperbole meets reality. They were a mirage...a Hollywood fake town...cardboard cut-outs. They never were going anywhere, and Freddie was destined to be just another of Haslam's scapegoats. Pretty soon, the shit has to start rolling uphill--especially with that dimwit GM of theirs.

6 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This is what happens when manufactured media hyperbole meets reality. They were a mirage...a Hollywood fake town...cardboard cut-outs. They never were going anywhere, and Freddie was destined to be just another of Haslam's scapegoats. Pretty soon, the shit has to start rolling uphill--especially with that dimwit GM of theirs.

I don’t know that John Dorsey is a dimwit. But, I said at the beginning of the year that there were too many egos on the roster and that they would be hard to manage. They wound up with 2 1000 yard receivers and an almost 1500 yard running back and still only won 6 games and were notoriously undisciplined.

2 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I don’t know that John Dorsey is a dimwit. But, I said at the beginning of the year that there were too many egos on the roster and that they would be hard to manage. They wound up with 2 1000 yard receivers and an almost 1500 yard running back and still only won 6 games and were notoriously undisciplined.

And I said at the beginning of the last off season, that they were fools for not staying with Bounty Hunter Williams--and that is on Dorsey. Eventually, he has to face the music.

But my relations on the North Coast want to give him (another) pass. 

25 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Does it?  God knows we're still waiting.

Question for those who watched on TV.

Early in the game Joe Mixon went into a pile and came out the other side blazing

with nothing but green in front of him.

Play was blown dead, said he was down in the pile.

Numerous replays on the scoreboard showed he was NOT down.

Knees well above the ground, caught himself with his arm and hand while going down,

a tripod.  But no knees or anything else down.

Would have been a long touchdown run.

Premature whistle cost him a long run and us a score.

Was that shown on TV?

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Early in the game Joe Mixon went into a pile and came out the other side blazing

Knees well above the ground, caught himself with his arm and hand while going down,

Was that shown on TV?

On TV, they managed to show ZERO replays of that play.  I thought that he wasn’t down and was screaming for a replay...to no avail.

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

On TV, they managed to show ZERO replays of that play.  I thought that he wasn’t down and was screaming for a replay...to no avail.

I just figured he was down since there wasn’t much complaining.  

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

His name's being thrown around but is Marvin himself interested?  Maybe he only wanted a year off but he didn't seem in any hurry to return to the NFL.

I heard Marvin to Washington somewhere.  He could then write a “How to not run an NFL franchise for Dummies “ book.  Coaching for Mike Brown and Snyder?  Woof. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I heard Marvin to Washington somewhere.  He could then write a “How to not run an NFL franchise for Dummies “ book.  Coaching for Mike Brown and Snyder?  Woof. 

Yes there is an article out there (came up on my phone, too lazy to look it up), saying Marvin is a "front runner" for the job.

Just now, spicoli said:

that's because they didn't rule him down. they blew it dead because forward progress was stopped....which is non reviewable. 

Yep, you could hear the ref saying it over the loudspeakers, progress was stopped.  I didn't see the play very well and indeed there were zero replays on TV.  From the boos I could tell the crowd didn't like their view of the replay.

56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And I said at the beginning of the last off season, that they were fools for not staying with Bounty Hunter Williams--and that is on Dorsey. Eventually, he has to face the music.

But my relations on the North Coast want to give him (another) pass. 

That is a good point. Maybe Williams could have handled all the egos better. I think the Haslams got fooled into thinking that the improvement that Mayfield showed at the end of last year would magically transfer to the rest of the team this year.

18 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yep, you could hear the ref saying it over the loudspeakers, progress was stopped.  I didn't see the play very well and indeed there were zero replays on TV.  From the boos I could tell the crowd didn't like their view of the replay.

I thought the ref said that just to cover for his inadvertent/early whistle, thus my desire to see a replay...to confirm one way or another.

59 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Was that shown on TV?

the refs determined his forward process was stopped therefore blew whistle and it wasnt challengable 

59 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yes there is an article out there (came up on my phone, too lazy to look it up), saying Marvin is a "front runner" for the job.

Marvin Lewis is perfect for the Washington job.  He already knows how to placate an idiot owner. 

Archived