SEND IN THE CLOWNS! Bengal's vs Clowns Game Day Thread....

I posted this to FB after I got home from Cincy tonight. Thought I would share....

"Andy! Andy! Andy!"

After a dismal 2-14 season, this is how Bengal fans said farewell to their Captain and starting QB. He's not a perennial Pro Bowler and he's unlikely to be heading to Canton. There were no Super Bowls during his run, and it has been uncountably many years since our fanbase enjoyed a playoff appearance. Yet in spite of the team's consistent mediocrity, our fans showed their appreciation to the man who has been the face of the organization since his first start as a rookie nine seasons ago.

Far from the comfort of a sterile climate controlled environment... sitting outdoors in the December rain, Bengal fans sent their QB off the only field he's known, for potentially his final time, not with apathy, not with their backs turned, and certainly not with derision or booing... but with appreciative decency, and in a manner wholly appropriate to professional football.

"Andy! Andy! Andy!"

Fans of other teams may want to take note, because for what little this may gain me, I'm proud to be a Bengals fan tonight.

https://www.bengals.com/video/andy-dalton-salutes-the-fans

8 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I posted this to FB after I got home from Cincy tonight. Thought I would share....

"Andy! Andy! Andy!"

After a dismal 2-14 season, this is how Bengal fans said farewell to their Captain and starting QB. He's not a perennial Pro Bowler and he's unlikely to be heading to Canton. There were no Super Bowls during his run, and it has been uncountably many years since our fanbase enjoyed a playoff appearance. Yet in spite of the team's consistent mediocrity, our fans showed their appreciation to the man who has been the face of the organization since his first start as a rookie nine seasons ago.

Far from the comfort of a sterile climate controlled environment... sitting outdoors in the December rain, Bengal fans sent their QB off the only field he's known, for potentially his final time, not with apathy, not with their backs turned, and certainly not with derision or booing... but with appreciative decency, and in a manner wholly appropriate to professional football.

"Andy! Andy! Andy!"

Fans of other teams may want to take note, because for what little this may gain me, I'm proud to be a Bengals fan tonight.

https://www.bengals.com/video/andy-dalton-salutes-the-fans

Wonderfully stated, brother.

10 hours ago, Cricket said:

On TV, they managed to show ZERO replays of that play.  I thought that he wasn’t down and was screaming for a replay...to no avail.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

I just figured he was down since there wasn’t much complaining.  

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

that's because they didn't rule him down. they blew it dead because forward progress was stopped....which is non reviewable. 

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

I thought the ref said that just to cover for his inadvertent/early whistle, thus my desire to see a replay...to confirm one way or another.

This ... 👆

9 hours ago, stryker57 said:

the refs determined his forward process was stopped therefore blew whistle and it wasnt challengable 

Too bad it wasn't shown on replay on TV.

He was going down but lunging forward, caught himself before he hit the ground.

Definitely an early whistle.  Maybe he would have gone down or not gotten such a clean run

out of the pile with maybe a few more yards but the refs definitely affected the play.

Hope some others (Amish?) who were there will chime in with what was shown on the scoreboard

but it looked like a screw up of major proportions.

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Wonderfully stated, brother.

I have several FB friends who are Colts fans - I live in Indiana after all - and one of them got royally pissed-off at me for this post... Challenging me to come right out and say what I was implying.

Guess there's still a lot of butthurt over the way they sent off Andrew Luck, and apparently its gonna haunt their conscience for years.  Lol.

8 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Wow!!  That is a bit shocking.  LeBron err Baker is cleaning house. 

Nothing epitomizes Bengal-dom more than being proud that they chanted the name of the worst QB in the NFL this year, one who failed to win a single playoff game.

Comparing Dullton to Andrew Luck?  Comical.

Good riddance Andy.  You got millions in salary and you deserve nothing more. 

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Shit did go back uphill after all. 

Now...they really are a rudderless ship, not that it’s anything new

Hubby and the young man were having a spirited debate when I left to run errands about what this will mean. Hubby thinks that OBJ could be gone with this move because the new GM has no ties to most of these players. The young man disagrees. It’ll be interesting to see if the coach determines who the next GM will be or vice versa.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:36 PM, Le Tigre said:

Shit did go back uphill after all. 

Now...they really are a rudderless ship, not that it’s anything new

It's been 20 years since the turds returned. Only 2 winning seasons, one playoff appearance, finished last in the division all but 6 seasons. 15 or so double digit loss seasons. And of course, a 16 loss season. Yet every off-season, the sports pundits have higher hopes for them than us.  I'm sure they'll pick up somebody this offseason that is supposed to propel them to the super bowl next season also, but the turds will always be the turds.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:10 PM, tibor75 said:

Nothing epitomizes Bengal-dom more than being proud that they chanted the name of the worst QB in the NFL this year, one who failed to win a single playoff game.

Comparing Dullton to Andrew Luck?  Comical.

Good riddance Andy.  You got millions in salary and you deserve nothing more. 

The random hate is strong in this one.

Archived