Good riddance to the Andy Dalton "era"

19 hours ago, Go Tory Go! said:

Bunch of fools in this thread. Be careful what you wish for. It is likely to be a long time before we see an era as good.

It was not a good ERA. It was Peak mediocrity and we got stuck with it for a decade because he was painfully average.

He was never bad enough to replace and never good enough to get the job done.

7 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Dalton is a solid qb.

He's solid in about 12 games a year that don't mean anything.

Speaking of, that was a quite the disappearing act by your boy Chase Young Saturday night. Biggest game of the year when they needed him the most...did he even get on the stat sheet?

2 hours ago, sois said:

It was not a good ERA. It was Peak mediocrity and we got stuck with it for a decade because he was painfully average.

If we take the "Dalton era" to mean the team's performance during his tenure, it was well-above mediocrity. Top 10 franchises in wins during his time here.

The sad truth is that for this franchise under Mike Brown control, mediocre is actually a pretty good result. Before Marvin got here, we would have been thrilled to have a mediocre season. Our expectations have changed, but all indications are that they will return to their normal 90's state within a few years.

1 hour ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Yeah and I see your limitations when I read your posts. Every dumbass fan thinks they know who is good and what this team needs to be good. Dalton is a solid qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Dude, he choked in big games. He was not consistent with accuracy. It was obvious even to a novice fan like myself. 

51 minutes ago, Go Tory Go! said:

If we take the "Dalton era" to mean the team's performance during his tenure, it was well-above mediocrity. Top 10 franchises in wins during his time here.

The sad truth is that for this franchise under Mike Brown control, mediocre is actually a pretty good result. Before Marvin got here, we would have been thrilled to have a mediocre season. Our expectations have changed, but all indications are that they will return to their normal 90's state within a few years.

True. For those who were fans in the lost decade, we all wanted to just be relevant . But once relevant for a few years we wanted more. 

30 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

This thread has become unnecessarily...silly. Thanks OP. 

actually LT most everyone is making valid points , although alot are out of context considering the management/ownership and their history, they are valid points. yes we should expect better , yes we should expect improvements, but as bad as ML was remember what it was like before hand.  was it time for ML to go ? yup but then we end up with a HC that makes major mistakes ( making the players fit his system, rather then make a system that fits your players) while learning on the job and  seriously.... starting a undrafted WR in Game 1 and then waiving him by  week 6 or7? 

Everyone needs to just remember the facts . just because you cut people and have a massive Cap doesnt mean your going to get FA players to sign here. just because you draft a QB #1 doesnt mean you'll get a Manning or a Brady.

Sometimes the grass is greener over there is because soP and crew isnt over there screwing it up.  in other words no matter who we cut, draft or sign we'll still have the same ppl directing the show.   

and since most wish him gone , good luck to Dalton, thanks for lifting this organization high enough that people expect more.  

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Speaking of, that was a quite the disappearing act by your boy Chase Young Saturday night. Biggest game of the year when they needed him the most...did he even get on the stat sheet?

Not trying to hammer on Buckeye fans, but Chase Young sure convinced me he is in no way worth the #1 pick in the draft.  I'm not saying he won't be a good pro, but with all the hype he did not live up to it.  Every OT he faces in the NFL will be at least as good as the Clemson LT he saw Saturday.

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Depression? Think of the flip side to 2-14:

Liverpool clear of the second-place side by 13 points, the previous PL winners by 14, a UEFA Super Cup, and a Club World Cup--all since August. 

Great for a lot of smiles

190821125249-klopp-liverpool-surfing-lar 

And the Wolves took down Man City the other day.  It was actually a good week after bitch slapping the Hobo. 

20 hours ago, sois said:

Ding mostly.   it was ok.  But i guess OK isn't good enough.  Only one champ a year though.  

As far as Andy Dalton ... Good Luck and God Bless you and yours in the future be it here or elsewhere.

Class act kind of guy.

As far as the "lost era/decade" crap...

Whenever I hear that I always remember that the Clowns have not had a season

over .500 in decade.  We iced that one Sunday.

55 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

As far as Andy Dalton ... Good Luck and God Bless you and yours in the future be it here or elsewhere.

Class act kind of guy.

As far as the "lost era/decade" crap...

Whenever I hear that I always remember that the Clowns have not had a season

over .500 in decade.  We iced that one Sunday.

Being better than the Browns is an exceptionally low bar. 

Archived