Playoff Bandwagon departing from platform 2-14

1 hour ago, BENGALS666 said:

Titans cuz nashville is home - and The Tannehill story is compelling. If they can somehow oust the Ratbirds things will start to get pretty interesting. They've already beaten both KC and Houston this year..

Overlook the raccoon at great peril.. 

Ct2FTPT3_400x400.jpg

29 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Just more evidence of the disparity between our crack scouts and the more elite scouting staffs in the league

Not disagreeing with the base premise, but Metcalf was selected with the last pick of the second round.  This was the theme the announcers leaned on the entire game yesterday, i.e. every team's scouting whiffed on this guy.

34 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Just more evidence of the disparity between our crack scouts and the more elite scouting staffs in the league

Hey Pat Mahomes has only been league MVP once. When John Ross is inevitably MVP in 2020 and 2021, he'll have more hardware during his rookie deal than Mahomes. That's how it works, right?

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Hey Pat Mahomes has only been league MVP once. When John Ross is inevitably MVP in 2020 and 2021, he'll have more hardware during his rookie deal than Mahomes. That's how it works, right?

That is indeed how it works. I had forgotten that as a Bengal fan we must always look to the the promise of a year or two down the road. I will look forward to hearing of Ross's great achievements in the coming years. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The NFL doesn't care about Brees, the Saints, New Orleans...or Minnesota for that matter. Neither were going to push the money-meter up. 

Oh, wait a minute...this will be the 50th Anniversary of this SB:

GettyImages-451233100.jpg

Kirk Cousins as Joe Kapp...Mahomes as Len Dawson...think of the possibilities!  

👌  

5 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Not disagreeing with the base premise, but Metcalf was selected with the last pick of the second round.  This was the theme the announcers leaned on the entire game yesterday, i.e. every team's scouting whiffed on this guy.

The whiffed on both him AND AJ Brown who was #51 to the Titans.   Both of those guys have to be THRILLED they were selected in the 2nd round both going to decent clubs.  Now they get that 2nd contract earlier.  I honestly think the Hugh Freeze Ole Miss scandals and them both looking like middle linebackers scared teams off.   Terry McLaurin, Ohio St,  was drafted in the 3rd and had a great season as well. 

7 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am interested in game tonite.  The question I have is do the Bengals stay with Joe or take Young and Tank for Trevor?

I like this "tank for Trevor" idea as it allows us to pretend they suck on purpose next year, too. Yes, tanking, that's it. We'd be 12-4 but yknow, gotta tank for that draft pick. Too bad really because we'd totally win more than 4 games otherwise, no question. Do we know who we're tanking for in 2021 yet? Best to plan ahead for such a delicate operation. I'd hate to see us fuck it up and go 8-8 again!

They need to do something to win in the next 2 years. Win being going to the playoffs and winning a playoff game.  Atkins, Dunlap, Dennard ain’t getting younger.   Tanking for Trevor is ridiculous strategy.  

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

They need to do something to win in the next 2 years. Win being going to the playoffs and winning a playoff game.  Atkins, Dunlap, Dennard ain’t getting younger.   Tanking for Trevor is ridiculous strategy.  

All the Tank for Trevor the Transgender is ancient history after last night.

On 1/13/2020 at 9:10 AM, westside bengal said:

I am interested in game tonite.  The question I have is do the Bengals stay with Joe or take Young and Tank for Trevor?

That pretty much answered that question.  I have not seen Trevor play that much but I was not all that impressed last night but he is still young.

You never know for sure if a college QB can make the transition to the NFL but Joe looks as ready as any I have seen for good while.

Gotta go with Tennessee. They've been completely overlooked all year and that sounds familiar.

a description of the game without the express written consent of the NFL:   Mahomes is going off, that TD scramble was sick.   Not-the-Oilers need to step it up.

OT:  Fuck the Chiefs if only for that trashy "WOAH OH OH" fake Indian chant.   So fuckin cringe.

Archived