With the First Pick ... In the Second Round...

... the Cincinnati Bengals select ...

Pretty much a given Our Bengals take Athens Joe the Bayou Bengal Burrow with the first pick.

But if Who's on First, What's on Second?  And I Don't Know who's on Third but lets give it a shot, anyway.

Why?  He's in Left Field.

So just for shits and giggles and maybe a break from breaking on another's balls and bashing my

hero and ideal, Mike Brown, lets put on our Tom Terrific kitchen funnel thinking caps and come up

with some good ol' fart in the wind speculation.

Who do the Bengals take in the SECOND round?  AND third?

Or who would you like to see them take and maybe who realistically even be there.

Trade ups welcome.

Don't give a darn?  Don't care?

He's the shortstop.

Supposedly this is a DEEP draft at T (and is definitely deep at WR) - so my preference would be a LB at 33 who has slid from 1st round or, perhaps an interior lineman. Then RT at top of round 3 or 4. Again, that's based on T supposedly being deep this year. 

It depends on what we're able to get done in free agency.

(pause for laughs)

Ideally, we've have our starting needs other than QB covered before the draft begins and we could take BPA. That means adding a couple of O-linemen, a couple of LBs, and a starting caliber CB in addition to re-signing Dennard and tagging Green. 

5 hours ago, membengal said:

Supposedly this is a DEEP draft at T (and is definitely deep at WR) - so my preference would be a LB at 33 who has slid from 1st round or, perhaps an interior lineman. Then RT at top of round 3 or 4. Again, that's based on T supposedly being deep this year. 

This.

5 hours ago, membengal said:

This is good, I would love to see them get a decent interior lineman in FA and go linebacker.  Our LB situation is bad other than Pratt who was a good find.   

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

The tackle class just got a little less deep, Alabama T Alex Leatherwood is returning to school.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Starting to think Tua stays.  Unfinished business. 

sounds like it to me too.. their LB Moses is coming back too  

8 hours ago, fluhartz said:

sounds like it to me too.. their LB Moses is coming back too  

Wasn't he injured?

This move will remove him from the possibility of taking yet another dinged up player high ... a Jonah Williams ref here.

As far as linebackers in this years draft, there was Simmons, probably a top five pick, Moses who is injured, and a steep

drop off of a few hit or miss players who will be drafted as reaches out of necessity.

Hello, Bengals, and their Shampoo System ... lather, rinse, repeat ... when do you stop the cycle?

7 hours ago, Cricket said:

Some player(s) will surprisingly slide out of round one.  The Bengals will accept an offer and trade pick #33 for additional picks.  

True and agree to a point but your option B (trading down) is directly affected by your option A (who slides).

15 hours ago, membengal said:

I agree with this, but would really  like to see them acquire at least one more pick in the first two rounds so they can address QB, OL & LB and then go BPA for a playmaker at the top of the third.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Wasn't he injured?

This move will remove him from the possibility of taking yet another dinged up player high ... a Jonah Williams ref here.

As far as linebackers in this years draft, there was Simmons, probably a top five pick, Moses who is injured, and a steep

drop off of a few hit or miss players who will be drafted as reaches out of necessity.

Hello, Bengals, and their Shampoo System ... lather, rinse, repeat ... when do you stop the cycle?

They got Pratt in a mid round and he is coming along nicely.  All they need are “decent LBs” to dramatically improve at the position. 

Top of the second round is a fantastic spot to get a really good WR that wasn’t necessarily supposed to be there. Same with the Safeties. I could see this being the year they look to replace Shawn Williams. I don’t see Ross on this team next year so WR definitely makes a lot of sense, IMO. Its a bad year for LB’s, especially with Murray hurt and Moses going back to school. I definitely don’t see them looking at OT early. WR or Safety is where I’d put my money if I were a betting man. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

This year's draft is bad for LBs. So let's sign a couple of good ones in free agency. This year's FA crop is pretty good. 

If we move on from Glenn and Dalton, we can be 100 mil under the cap. Even more if we move Dre or Hart. 

I'd love for Mikey to sign an impact LB in free agency but he would probably have to overpay just to get someone decent. What are the chances of THAT happening?

3 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd love for Mikey to sign an impact LB in free agency but he would probably have to overpay just to get someone decent. What are the chances of THAT happening?

Better than you might think. He's overpaid lots of other players. My suggestion is we overpay good players rather than bad or marginal ones.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Better than you might think. He's overpaid lots of other players. My suggestion is we overpay good players rather than bad or marginal ones.

What I meant was a free agent from another team not a signing like Hart. I should have been clearer.  🙂

Archived