With the First Pick ... In the Second Round...

No doubt Tua has the talent but the big unknown for him is how he responds mentally from the hip injury even if he heals physically.  Throwing the ball hundreds of a second too early or too late because you are worried about getting mashed again can be the difference between leading the league in passing yards or interceptions.  Every one is different in that regard and won't be known until he steps on the field.

Tua would definitely be in the discussion for first overall pick.  His pedigree extends beyond this year and was the consensus number one quarterback all along...until this year.  Injury or no injury, im just not sure what Burrow has done can be denied.  He's been that damn good and deserving of all the hype and media attention he has gotten this year.  And, by all accounts, he is a very intelligent young man, a great leader, and an all around solid person.  Combine those intangibles with his ability to play the position at a high level physically, the Bengals may just have something special brewing.  

49 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Tua would definitely be in the discussion for first overall pick.  His pedigree extends beyond this year and was the consensus number one quarterback all along...until this year.  Injury or no injury, im just not sure what Burrow has done can be denied.  He's been that damn good and deserving of all the hype and media attention he has gotten this year.  And, by all accounts, he is a very intelligent young man, a great leader, and an all around solid person.  Combine those intangibles with his ability to play the position at a high level physically, the Bengals may just have something special brewing - THAT THEY WILL FIND ANOTHER WAY TO F*CK UP. 

Fixed

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

In the span of one season...he goes from Glass Joe...to Average Joe...to Joe Namath...to Joe Montana.

The power of college football hype media. There is no substitute. 

Just wish I had pulled the trigger on the 200 to 1 preseason Heisman odds on him.

• 2 weeks later...
Were the 5 star players passing the football to themselves?  There is a thing called the eye test.  Jake Fromm does not pass the eye test, he misses open 5 star receivers all the time and doesn't hit the same receivers in stride.     BTW, Tua WILL be passing to 5 star players in the NFL as well, the big difference will be the defenders he faces will be better. 

Yeah and he will get hit a lot harder and more often so he will be hurt over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Just did a 7-round mock on TDN's engine using their predictive picks setting with me pulling the trigger for the Bengals and I ended up choosing the following:

Round 1 - Burrow
Round 2 - Mekhi Becton, OT - L'ville
Round 3 - Josh Uche, Edge - Michigan
Round 4 - Ben Bartch, OT - that Div III school
Round 5 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR - USC
Round 6 - Adam Trautman, TE - Dayton
Round 7- Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State

If the draft broke out like that in April I would be beyond ecstatic, I think...

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

There is already chatter about the TE Trautman going in round 2

I know. I assume the draft network engine will start to move him up in response as it goes along, but for now, that's what was available to me. I do like their engine - no two drafts are the same. I doubt Becton falls to 33 either, but if he is there, that's a run to the podium moment. 

Everyone can quickly do one if they want- takes about 3 minutes tops - don't have to be a member (unless you want to try trade function):

https://thedraftnetwork.com/

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If you really want to have some fun, pretend we trade out of the top spot with Miami and use the first 3 rounds of their draft....talk about a haul!

You can do that all on your own. I do not intend to mock draft lunacy. 

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol...for the record, I absolutely do not think they will trade out.

Its just a lot of picks to play around with is all. 

I am so much in Burrow mode I refuse to consider any reality that doesn't have us with Burrow at #1 overall. I do have premium there on TDN so I can play with trade scenarios and have been trying to find tradedowns from 33 that move them back a bit in the 2nd round in exchange for another 4th round pick. I want them to have additional picks in round 3, 4 or 5 ideally. Man there are a LOT of really good WR options on the board still in round 5 when you run through some simulations. The WR depth is insane this year. 

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Just did a 7-round mock on TDN's engine using their predictive picks setting with me pulling the trigger for the Bengals and I ended up choosing the following:

Round 1 - Burrow
Round 2 - Mekhi Becton, OT - L'ville
Round 3 - Josh Uche, Edge - Michigan
Round 4 - Ben Bartch, OT - that Div III school
Round 5 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR - USC
Round 6 - Adam Trautman, TE - Dayton
Round 7- Stanford Samuels III, CB, Florida State

If the draft broke out like that in April I would be beyond ecstatic, I think...

No linebackers?

10 minutes ago, Cricket said:

No linebackers?

When I ran that mock - no - the board didn't fall right for that and I didn't want to reach for need given who was available at each round (also, Uche maybe can do some coverage apparently - so maybe he is kinda a hybrid type LB). The next mock I ran I ended up with Queen at the top of round 2 and the Wisconsin LB in round 3. 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It is realistic to assume we will get solid offers for the first pick on day 2.  Need to look at recent trades for that spot to what it is worth. If we did that and traded one/both of Dalton and Glenn we could have a solid number of picks in the first 4-5 rounds.

Agreed. I have TDN premium and have tried to deal #33 and move back and pick up a pick but best I've been able to get so far is an additional fourth on their engine and had to move back 15 spots to do that which I didn't like. But, in real world, I am hoping they can move back 5-8 spots in round 2 and pick up an additional pick plus something for Dalton at the least. I also hold out hope to deal Price for some pick around 4th or 5th round to a team that needs a center and still wants to roll the dice on him.

Archived