Coaching Changes

6 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I don't know, maybe you should ask your momma? 😂😂

The fuck does that even mean?  Maybe you should stick to your "whiner" trolling for everyone that doesn't have the smell of Mike Brown's wrinkly old gooch on their breath.  At least that made some kind of sense.  Better yet, you could fuck off entirely.  All you do here is complain about other people's posts.  I don't think it'd be missed.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The fuck does that even mean?  Maybe you should stick to your "whiner" trolling for everyone that doesn't have the smell of Mike Brown's wrinkly old gooch on their breath.  At least that made some kind of sense.  Better yet, you could fuck off entirely.  All you do here is complain about other people's posts.  I don't think it'd be missed

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 1/16/2020 at 10:54 PM, Jamie_B said:

Bengals hired Al Goleden to be the LB coach.

Not impressed or under impressed at best.

Bounced around some. coached offense and defense.

Sounds like a one eyed jack of all trades and ace of none.

I think they could have done better and done better in house ie Duffner.

Waiting for the "he came cheap" chants which, tbh, may be right.

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Not impressed or under impressed at best.

Bounced around some. coached offense and defense.

Sounds like a one eyed jack of all trades and ace of none.

I think they could have done better and done better in house ie Duffner.

Waiting for the "he came cheap" chants which, tbh, may be right.

A vacancy occurs, a body one must find.   ~ Yoda.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Callahan won’t be one of them. 

20A94A26-246D-458C-B114-F41F545A1AF3.jpeg

A quick check of the board and I see this.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Maybe because its not a done-deal it will encourage the Bengals to hire quick, instead.

Maybe I'll flap my arms and fly to the moon, too.

In the mean time, the Bengals hired some 50 year old journeyman coach who has never been very

successful as the defense backs coach.

It is frustrating.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

A quick check of the board and I see this.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Maybe because its not a done-deal it will encourage the Bengals to hire quick, instead.

Maybe I'll flap my arms and fly to the moon, too.

In the mean time, the Bengals hired some 50 year old journeyman coach who has never been very

successful as the defense backs coach.

It is frustrating.

large.lambs2.jpg

Bengals Hire Two Assistant Coaches

The Bengals today announced the hiring of two assistant coaches — Al Golden (linebackers) and Steve Jackson (secondary/cornerbacks). The team also announced that special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons will add assistant head coach to his job title.

Golden, 50, spent the last four seasons on the Detroit Lions' staff, coaching tight ends from 2016-17 and linebackers from '18-19. Prior to his time with Detroit, he served as the head coach at the University of Miami (Fla.) from 2011-15, and at Temple University from '06-10. He also served as defensive coordinator at the University of Virginia from 2001-05, and coached linebackers at both Penn State University ('00) and Boston College (1997-99).

Jackson, 50, joins the Bengals after spending the last two seasons (2018-19) as assistant defensive backs coach with the N.Y. Jets. Prior to his time with the Jets, he coached defensive backs with the Tennessee Titans (2016-17), Detroit Lions ('13), Washington Redskins ('04-11) and Buffalo Bills ('01-03). Prior to his coaching career, Jackson played nine seasons (1991-99) as a defensive back for the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans, and helped the team to a berth in Super Bowl XXXIV.

Simmons, 46, will be in his 18th season on the Bengals' staff in 2020, and is the team's longest-tenured coach. He has spent his entire Bengals term leading the team's special teams units, and for the last eight seasons has held the title of special teams coordinator.

"We are excited to add Al and Steve to our staff," said head coach Zac Taylor. "They are both impressive coaches and will bring great experience to our team.

"In addition, Darrin has done an excellent job with the special teams unit for a long time, and he is an integral part of this organization. I look forward to his continued help going forward."

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-hire-two-assistant-coaches

The team also announced that special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons will add assistant head coach to his job title.

Does the assistant HC actually do anything?  Ketchup Whisperer was the assistant HC the entire time Marvin was here so I assumed it was a reward for the team's Goodest Boys & didn't really mean much.  Simmons seems like a good coach at least.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Does the assistant HC actually do anything?  Ketchup Whisperer was the assistant HC the entire time Marvin was here so I assumed it was a reward for the team's Goodest Boys & didn't really mean much.  Simmons seems like a good coach at least.

I believe having anything HC in your title forces it so the team doesn't have to allow you to leave if you get a "promotion" by a different team while you are still under contact.

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I believe having anything HC in your title forces it so the team doesn't have to allow you to leave if you get a "promotion" by a different team while you are still under contact.

Damn, really? You mean all we had to do was call Zimmer the Special Deputy Envoy Vice President of Head Coaching?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Damn, really? You mean all we had to do was call Zimmer the Special Deputy Envoy Vice President of Head Coaching?

I think you can only place the Assistant HC title on one coach though, and IIRC at the time we did that with I want to say Paul Alexander. (I know I know)

Don't quote me on the rules on that though, mostly going by memory here.

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think you can only place the Assistant HC title on one coach though, and IIRC at the time we did that with I want to say Paul Alexander. (I know I know)

Don't quote me on the rules on that though, mostly going by memory here.

Yes, Ketchup Whisperer was made assistant HC when they hired Marvin and remained so during his entire tenure. I think Marv was seen as being too competent and they needed to preserve a strong tradition of feckless ineptitude in the decision making process.

Report: Bengals losing QB coach Alex Van Pelt to Browns

usatsi_13272457.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1
8 hours ago

The Cincinnati Bengals are a team perhaps ready to take a potential franchise passer at No. 1 overall in a draft.

It’s a bad development, then, to hear the team might be losing esteemed quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Cleveland Browns are swooping in and grabbing Van Pelt and promoting him to offensive coordinator.

That’s a big loss for the Bengals, as Van Pelt helped Andy Dalton make big strides in his game when things broke down. Dalton improved in the improv sense briefly in 2018 after Van Pelt’s arrival. Prior to that, Van Pelt had earned leaguewide praise in Green Bay while working with Aaron Rodgers.

The Bengals don’t have a shortage of former quarterbacks or coaches with experience at the position still. But it speaks volumes that a division rival has swooped in and grabbed Van Pelt.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ouch!  Not good and bad timing.

Archived